Is Gerion Lannister still alive?

piy9

It has been stated that he went in search of Brightspear. He was traced in Volantis, but since then nothing has been heard about him.

Is it possible that he was successful in recovering Brightspear and is now residing in some free city?

Firstly Welcome to the Forum :cheers:

I think that either he's dead or he's lost somewhere in the ruins of Valyria and will be found by Tyrion and Dany when they stop off there on their way to Westeros.

Crackpot theory: Gerion is Brown Ben Plumm.

I have no good evidence to back this up, other than that Plumm is a westerlands name, and Brown Ben matches Gerion's reported genial demeanor, plus he is kind to Tyrion from their first meeting. The major drawback being that Tyrion doesn't recognize him, but it's been a long enough time since Gerion's disappearance that I suppose it's plausible.

Just curious, but why is this a theory? Wasn't the corsair king only mentioned the one time? I'm just curious what the connection is.

Mentioned twice, first in ASoS when Dany was looking to buy Unsullied and she was told that a corsair king came buy looking to buy Unsullied. He is mentioned again in AFfC in Arianne's POV that a corsair king had risen in the Basilisk Isles and raided Tall Trees Town. I think he will run into his nephew, Tyrion, when Tyrion crosses the Narrow Sea back to Westeros.

My crackpot theory is the Tywin paid the crew of the Laughing Lion to throw Gerion overboard so as he would cause no more disgrace for House Lannister. Gerion survived, and knowing he couldn't return home had to make ends meet and became a pirate.

Another crackpot theory is that he was Mero, the Titans Bastard who led the Second Sons before Brown Ben. Does not make sense, Barristan would have probaly recognised him. He did have green eyes and blond hair. I do not subscribe to this theory.

I think we'll find him hiding out among the sellswords, though the Corsair king theory is inticing. Or maybe he's biding his time on the Quiet Isle.

I like to believe he's still alive and not a crumbling skeleton decorating Valyria, if only for Tyrions sake, and because it would annoy Tywin. Gerion for the Iron Throne damnit

Crackpot theory: Gerion is Brown Ben Plumm.

I have no good evidence to back this up, other than that Plumm is a westerlands name, and Brown Ben matches Gerion's reported genial demeanor, plus he is kind to Tyrion from their first meeting. The major drawback being that Tyrion doesn't recognize him, but it's been a long enough time since Gerion's disappearance that I suppose it's plausible.

Not even plausible. Brown Ben looks nothing like a Lannister or even your regular Westerosi.

At first I thought it was ridiculous to think he was alive - can't anybody be dead?? - but now I am quite partial to the idea. It hasn't been that many years since he left. I see him as having had a disaster practically immediately and been too proud to go back home within a couple of months ("oh Tywin, I lost the crew and the ship in the first two weeks and never got anywhere near Valyria") - or unable too - enslaved or on a ship bound for Southros etc. He may also just have decided its the seafaring life for him and have been sailing around having a great old time as an explorer.

• 1 month later...

Crackpot Theory: He's AA reborn. We wont see him until the last page of the last book when he arrives riding a dragon riding a chariot pulled by SUPER INTERNET DRAGONSZ!. He will throw Brightroar into the sky and it will appear as the bleeding star seen in AGOT. Fire will rain down on the Others killing them all but at the same time melting the wall. Which will, in turn, cause a cataclysmic flood. Thus destroying the better part of Westeros. Bran will be stuck in a weirwood and his last line will be 'sigh...'. GRRM will then end the story with the legendary 'THE END?'.

Archived