[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4?

Rashtibram

Does anyone have predictions for what they could title episodes for next season? If so, just give your list, maybe with a little description of what your title refers to. My example:

episode 1. The Red Viper (introduction of Oberyn)

episode 2. Growing Strong (Purple Wedding, Tyrell involvement)

episode 3. What Wolves do to Dogs (Arya leaving Sandor for dead)

episode 4. The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors (Davos reading the letter from the Night's Watch)

episode 5. Giant of Lannister (Shae testifying against Tyrion at his trial)

episode 6. The Horn of Winter (Mance and Jon's discussion at the Battle of Castle Black, Stannis' horns blowing as he comes to the rescue)

episode 7. The Snake and the Mountain (Oberyn vs. Gregor duel)

episode 8. And Now My Watch Begins (Jon becoming Lord Commander)

episode 9. Oathkeeper (Jaime sending Brienne after Sansa and Arya; possible double meaning with Daenerys)

episode 10: Hear Me Roar (Tywin's death, Lannister theme)

Isn't that a bit early?

If you take a look at the episode titles we've had had so far you will see that they are often 'cool' quotes and not descriptive like many of yours are. Also, you don't have any referencing Dany who often has quite a few, this year 3 out of 10 for example (Walk of Punishment, Second Sons, Mysha).

Isn't that a bit early?

If you take a look at the episode titles we've had had so far you will see that they are often 'cool' quotes and not descriptive like many of yours are. Also, you don't have any referencing Dany who often has quite a few, this year 3 out of 10 for example (Walk of Punishment, Second Sons, Mysha).

'Cool' quotes? I agree, but they usually reference things in the episode.

Many episodes have titles that reference more than one thing. Like "Kissed by Fire" having both the Jon/Ygritte scene and the Beric/Hound duel, or "The Climb" which has the wildlings climbing the Wall, but may also contain a commentary by Littlefinger on the art of social climbing.

They could put the Viper/Mountain duel in the same episode as Arya leaving the Hound to die, and call it something about dogs or whatever Clegane reference they could come up with. If they keep Shae's death in, there could be an episode title with a whore mention, which could double for Shae and Tysha (if they use her as Tyrion's trigger, which seems more likely now that they've mentioned his previous marriage again). "Snow" could be a useful episode title, as well...

That said, I won't be surprised if one episode is called "The Kingsmoot."

Season 4:

Ep. 1: "The Night Is Dark"

Ep. 2: "Widow's Wail"

Ep. 3: "You Know Nothing"

Ep. 4: "Needle"

Ep. 5: "The Gift of Mercy"

Ep. 6: "Sewer Rats"

Ep. 7: "The Realms of Men"

Ep. 8: "Elia"

Ep. 9: "The Horn of Winter"

Ep. 10: "The Moon Door"

E1: Night Gathers

E2: The Stranger

E3: Widow's Wail

E4: Kingsblood

E7: Unbowed Unbent Unbroken

E8: Sword in the Darkness (battle at the wall)

E9: Kinslayer

E10: Dance with Dragons

I'm quite sure Davos reading the letter will be the conclusion of Stannis' arc this season.

But Sam didn't get to send it in the show did he? Remember ep1 Mormont told him he had one job! :)

I suppose if Sam arrives back at Castle Black in time for ep10 he could send it or if someone else gets back first they could ask Maester Aemon to send it.

But Sam didn't get to send it in the show did he? Remember ep1 Mormont told him he had one job! :)

I suppose if Sam arrives back at Castle Black in time for ep10 he could send it or if someone else gets back first they could ask Maester Aemon to send it.

I thought Maester Aemon did send the one to Stannis? Can't remember.

in the book doesn't he also screw up by sending the ravens but without the letters?

E1: Night Gathers

E2: The Stranger

E3: Widow's Wail

E4: Kingsblood

E7: Unbowed Unbent Unbroken

E8: Sword in the Darkness (battle at the wall)

E9: Kinslayer

E10: Dance with Dragons

I like the 'Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken' for the trial by combat... good thinking. also, sword in the darkness and widow's wail, great titles.

Well, it's pretty early and impossible to try and guess, but also fun, therefore:

1) The Wolves Will Come Again (referring to the bleak state of the Starks at this point)

2) Growing Strong (Purple Wedding)

3) Dragons From Stone (Davos saving Gendry Storm, and whatever's happening with Dany)

4) Betrayals (Dany finding out Jorah's, Shae's in regards to Tyrion)

5) Goldenhand the Just (Jaime gets his gold hand, Tyrion's final trial)

6) The Horn of Winter (Battle for the Wall)

7) The Red Viper (Oberyn .vs. Mountain)

8) Kingsmoot (Kingsmoot obviously, but possibly also Tommen's coronation and Stannis offering Jon WF)

9) Hear Me Roar (Tywin's death)

10) The Crow (referring to Jon/NW/LC election, Euron Greyjoy, and Bran meeting Bloodraven)

I like the ideas of Widow's Wail for PW (though I think it's a bit too spoilery), and Sword in the Darkness for the Battle at the Wall/Stannis. Also, I like the idea Only A Cat Of A Different Coat if Tywin's death and Lysa's are in the same episode, because of the perfect double meaning, but it's perhaps a little too clunky.

Using inspiration from previous posters:

1) Red Viper (introduction of Oberyn, sounds better without the 'the')

2) Growing strong (PW was partly Tyrell's plot)

3) Kingsblood (Davos frees Gendry, aftermath of Joffrey's death)

4) Castle Black (Ygritte dies at the Wall)

5) Sewer Rats (Meereen captured - although may happen later)

6) Giant of Lannister (Shae humiliates Tyrion in trial)

7) Elia (Oberyn vs Mountain)

8) Sword in the Darkness (Cool title for this seemingly isolated battle on the Wall)

9) Shadow on the Wall (referencing Tyrion and Varys - a very small man can cast a very large shadow, could also reference Jon's arc!)

10) King Crow (Euron elected, John Lord Commander)

Going by what others say might happen in each episode :

1)An unexpected Arrival (introduction of Oberyn)

2)The Strangler (Purple wedding)

3)Kingblood (must say I like that one)

4)Death by fire (ygritte's death, attack of mereen)

5)Justified (Tyrion's trial)

6)Greyjoy

7)Wallfall (Mance's first raids on the wall)

8)Fire and ice (Battle for castle black)

9)Crow(ned)

10)And now his watch begins.

I go for this setup.

Archived