[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4?

Rashtibram

Titles matched to scenes not episodes

1 Cat of a differnent stripe (Lady Stoneheart)

2. The kinslayer/ A lion still has claws/Yours in time (Tyrion kills Tywin)

3. The birds have scales (dany centric episode)

4. The worst ones always live (Purple Wedding)

5. We do not sow (Kingsmoot)

6. The biggest fire the North has ever seen (batte of the wall)

7 Reek (Ramsey theon episode)

8 Trial by combat (viper v mountain)

9. Across the narrow sea (Arya and Tyrion leave)

10. The andal (Jorah betrays Dany)

401: "Red Viper"/"Mother Merciless"

402: "Amethysts"

403: "Oathkeeper" - Brienne sets on her quest, Arya gets on a ship to Braavos, Jaime contemplates himself

404: "The Horn of Winter" - Battle at the Wall, Shae betrays Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei have sex next to Joff's corpse

405: "Now Say Her Name" - Meereen captured and Dany decides to stay

406: "Wherever Whores Go" (Thanks to the poster after me :P) - Kinslaying, Moon Door, Jon's Election as LC

407: "A Feast for Crows" - Kingsmoot and introduction of Dorne characters, Arya arrives in Braavos (after not appearing since "Oathkeeper")

408: "House of Black and White" - Arya begins training, Tywin's funeral

409: "Sons of the Harpy" - Trouble for Dany in Meereen, Marriage of Tommen and Margaery, Brienne vs. Brave Companions

410: "Fetch Me a Block" - Jon kills Janos Slynt, Dany chains her dragons, Cercei orders the Tower of the Hand burned down, Tyrion chats with Illyrio who informs him he's to be sent to Dany (after not appearing since "Hear Me Roar"), Arya blinded, Baelish reveals to Sansa it was he and the Tyrells who poisoned Joff, Blackbird departs

"It Rhymes with Freak"

Seventy Seven is a good title, but it needs the 77 courses to work. The Purple Wedding is hard to do since there are no obvious quotes and the "Rains of Castamere" are already taken. I can see "Growing Strong" for that episode, but it's still somehow lacking. Why not go with another famous song and call it "The Dornishmans Wife" (i.e. Olenna requesting it to piss off Oberyn) and the song text is about a revenge murder (on a adultere, but okay).

For when Stannis saves the Wall, that would be one time that "Ours is the Fury" would fit.

Well some may know that I'm heavily betting that PW makes it into the Season 3 finale. So....

1) "Kinslayer" - Tyrion stands accused of murder. Jon tries to deal with the situation at Castle Black. Sansa makes an escape with her benefactor. Jaime returns home.

2) "Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken." - The Red Viper arrives to late to the party. Tyrion demands his accusers see reason. Bran learns of the dangers in the far North. Jon's allegiance is questioned. Arya looks to cure her grief. Dany looks to take the last city of the slavers.

3) "Crow's Eye" - The last of the Greyjoys reunite. Tyrion is betrayed by those closest to him. Jaime makes Brienne keep her oaths. Arya is given two chances at vengeance. Stannis readies his men for battle.

4) "Trial by Combat" - Tyrion makes use of a new ally. Sansa adjusts to a new identity. Cersei seeks out men loyal to her. Yara tries to prove her leadership. Jon prepares for the fight of his life. Ser Jorah and Ser Barristan's loyalty to Dany is tested. Arya finds the right words to change her fate. (Red Viper vs. The Mountain)

5) "The Horns of Winter" - War has come to The Wall. Jaime tries to pay his remaining debts. A new King is chosen. (60% The Battle at the Wall, 25% Kingsmoot, 15% Jaime and Tyrion, ending with Jaime arriving to free Tyrion.)

6) "Wherever Whores Go" - Tyrion faces difficult truths. Dorne morns the death of it's Prince. Sansa entertains her cousin after a snowfall. Cersei gains the upper hand over the Tyrells. Jon must answer to the King. Arya adjusts to a strange new world. Dany makes a controversial choice. (Tyrion will learn Jaime's secret, then make his two kills, and escape with Varys, all in an opening 12 min set piece. The episode ends with Jon learning Stannis's plans for him and the Wall.)

7) "Through the Moon's Door" - Theon is given a task from his Lord. Arianne plots against her father. Cersei removes from play those not loyal to her. Brienne is aided by an unexpected ally. Tyrion learns of the power rising in the east. Dany looks to secure her control over Slaver's Bay. Sansa is accused by her aunt. (Reveals and death at the Eyrie. Tyrion and Illyrio.)

8) "The Many Faced" - Margaery is given a royal wedding. Jaime turns down the offers of his sister. Victarion is given a gift and a mission. The Blackfish guards his home. Samwell rallies support for Jon. Arya makes friends with a kindly man. Qyburn shows his use to the queen. Old faces return. (Dany is given prophecies from Quaithe. It ends with AFfC prologue, but with Jaqen)

9) "Queenmaker" - The Watch chooses its new leader. Arianne's plan goes wrong. Tyrion questions the motives of his new travel companions. Jaime plans to lead a siege. Bran and Meera are unable to help Jojen. Arya begins her training. Sansa awaits Littlefinger's next move. Cersei installs a new leader for the faith.

10) "The Last Dragon" - Brienne hunts down The Hound. Cersei looks for a means to disgrace Margaery. Tyrion makes a startling discovery. Samwell is given a new purpose by the Lord Commander. Jon and Stannis discuss the coming of winter. Theon meets Ramsay's new bride. Sansa is instructed in the ways of the Game. Dany learns her dragons may be as beyond her control as her new city. (I imagine a newly invented end to Dany's story this season that involves Drogon laying waste to the city then escaping, and The Harpies Children, a possible title change to avoid confusion with Second Sons. This will then set up when Drogon returns to rescue Dany and take off with her in Season 5).

Season 5

1) "Winter is Here" - Jon disciplines insubordination. Arya accepts a new identity. Bran's abilities in crisis are tested. Cersei must deal with the debts of the realm. Davos sails for White Harbor. Theon must hide what he knows from the Boltons. Tyrion is rescued by a surprising new ally.

"Hear Me Roar" is a good one. I also like the idea of AFFC/ADWD eps being named after chapters, ie, Queenmaker or A Ghost In Winterfell.

For Tyrion's trial-by-battle, I like the idea of "The Viper's Hands" (episode could end with Tyrion's observation that snakes don't have hands) or something about bloodied hands (referring to Elia's blood on Gregor's hands, as well as the blood on his fists when he smashes Oberyn's face).

Judging by some good ideas:

1. Red Viper: New faces arrive in King's Landing; Dany encounters the Harpy of Yunkai

2. Widow's Wail: King's Landing hosts the Royal Wedding; Arya and Sandor encounter old enemies; Dany lays siege to Meereen.

3. Lone Wolves: Littlefinger tells Sansa their destination; Arya bids goodbye to the Hound; Jon defends the Wall against friends

4. Giant of Lannister: Tyrion is judged; Jaime and Cersei have a reunion

5. The Harpy: Dany settles in Meereen

6. The Horn of Winter: The siege of Castle Black is broken

7. Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken: Tyrion demands trial by combat

8. Night Gathers: Jon rises in the ranks; Dany makes a fateful decision

9. Oathkeeper: Jaime assists Brienne in her original quest

10. The Crow's Eye: Tyrion confronts Tywin about Tysha; the Iron Islands have a Kingsmoot; Bran encounters the perils of the North

season 5:

1. Hear Me Roar: Tyrion contemplates his next moves; King's Landing hosts a funeral

2. A Block: Jon makes a fateful decision

3. Deepwood: Stannis takes a castle; Bran meets his destiny

4. Cyvasse: Tyrion discovers a secret; Arianne attempts a coronation

5. The Frog: Cersei is haunted by an old memory; Quentyn plans to turn his cloak

6. Ninety Days: Hizdahr makes Dany a proposal

7. The Seven-Pointed Star: Cersei makes religious decisions

8. The Godswood: Bran flashes back in time

9. A Different Coat: Brienne and Podrick seek refuge at an inn; Arya enjoys her new identity; Jaime furthers his attempt to break the siege of Riverrun

10. Rivers: Jaime responds to Cersei's plea; Tyrion and Griff find dangers on the river

season 6: (I know way too early, but...)

1. Rhymes With Freak: Reek struggles to remember his roots; Samwell arrives in Oldtown

2. I Am His and He is Mine: Dany weds Hizdahr; Melisandre has a vision

3. Salaesori Qhoran: Tyrion is captured

4. Fire and Ice: Jon is haunted by Melisandre's words; Dany and Hizdahr open the pits

5. The Queen's Hand: Barristan makes alliances; Quentyn forms a plan

6. Know Your Name: Connington and Aegon land at Griffin's Roost; Theon is assisted by a foreigner

7. No One: Arya impresses her mentor

8. Dragontamer: Quentyn and Barristan execute their plans.

9. For the Watch: Jon is betrayed; Cersei is humiliated

10. Winter: Dany lands in the Dothraki Sea; Barristan fights in a battle; Kevan attempts to heal wounds in King's Landing.

Going off the structure of CatTheUglyBlindLittleGirl's excellent post, I made my own, using my episode titles previously posted for season 4, and new ones for season 5. Keep in mind it's been a while since I've read aDwD, so my memory is probably fuzzy about some events.

SEASON 4

1) "Peace Time" - The fallout from the Red Wedding hangs over Westeros. At Castle Black, Jon prepares the Night's Watch for the first wildling assault. Arya and the Hound travel the Riverlands. Sansa confesses her feelings to Margaery. Dany sets her sights on Meereen.

2) "The Prince of Dorne" - Tyrion welcomes a special guest to King's Landing. Bran meets Coldhands. Jon suffers a tragedy. Tywin hands out rewards. Arya and the Hound go east.

3) "Crow's Eye" - Sansa is offered a final hope. Dany arrives outside Meereen. Tensions are high between the Martells and Tyrells. An exiled pirate comes home.

4) "Growing Strong" - Joffrey and Margaery celebrate their royal wedding. The Reeds tell Bran a story. Dany learns a shocking truth.

5) "Trials" - Tyrion is judged. Jaime arrives at his destination. Arya and the Hound seek refuge. Sansa sails the sea. Yara makes alliances. Dany makes a fateful decision.

6) "The Harpy" - Jaime assigns Brienne a task. Dany finds her rule threatened. Tyrion is betrayed. Stannis is reminded of his duty. A kingsmoot is held.

7) "Elia" - Tyrion's life hangs in the balance. Victarian seizes the Shield Isles.

8) "Lone Wolves" - Sansa meets her aunt. Arya releases her anger. Dany confides in Daario. Tyrion loses all hope. Jaime is shunned by his family.

9) "The Shield That Guards The Realms of Men" - Jon defends the Wall.

10) "Only Cat" - Dany seals a political alliance while Jon rejects another. Bran and Sansa discover long-hidden secrets. Arya and Tyrion make life-changing decisions.

SEASON 5

1) "A New Dawn" - King's Landing awakens to a changed situation. Tyrion makes a powerful ally. Sam is sent away. Brienne searches for Sansa. Dany gets used to her new marriage. Arya and Bran both begin their new lives.

2) "The Lion and the Rose" - The Lannisters and Tyrells once again unite their Houses. Jon deals with disloyalty. Tyrion travels the road with Illyrio. Brienne meets Randyll Tarly. Dany makes a harsh decision.

3) "The House of Black and White" - Doran Martell takes precautions. Jaime finds himself at odds with Cersei. Sam and Gilly sail the Narrow Sea. Arya begins her training. Tyrion is handed over to a mysterious man.

4) "Reek" - Jaime sets out on campaign. Brienne is joined by someone unexpected on her quest. Sansa comforts her cousin. Reek is made to take up his former identity. Tyrion uncovers a shocking revelation.

5) "Lord Commander Snow" - Jon makes a controversial decision. Arianne convinces Arys of her plot. Sam and Gilly arrive in Braavos. Stannis unites the mountain tribes. Cersei organizes two assassinations.

6) "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" - Tyrion gets into some trouble at a brothel. Reek is sent to retrieve Ramsay's bride. Dany recieves a warning. Littlefinger hosts the lords of the Vale. Arianne's plan ends in tragedy.

7) "The Ghost in Winterfell" - Old wounds resurface for Reek. Jon witnesses a burning. Brienne is tricked. Cersei receives bad news. Jaime sets Harrenhal to rights. Tyrion and Jorah run into some slavers. Doran seeks vengeance.

8) "The Faith" - Cersei makes a deal. Tyrion and Jorah are sold. Jon helps a young girl. Sam and Gilly give Aemon a funeral. Brienne arrives in Saltpans. Stannis takes a prized prisoner. Davos is judged. Arya is punished.

9) "Daznak's Pit" - Tensions are high in Winterfell. Stannis and his army are caught in a snowstorm. Dany visits the fighting pits. Cersei's plan backfires. Jon and Jaime are told shocking truths. Sam arrives in Oldtown.

10) "Winter" - Jon stirs his men into action. Cersei faces her crimes. Tyrion joins in a siege. Barristan takes control of Meereen. Theon and Brienne are judged. Jaime rejects a plea. Dany learns control. A spider returns.

I edited my original post with some synopses:

4x01. The Wolves Will Come Again - Sandor and Arya consider their next move. Jon prepares the Wall for defence. Tyrion welcomes wedding guests to the capital. Bran makes a decision. Yara gets bad news.

4x02 Growing Strong - Jaime heads for the capital. King's Landing hosts a wedding. Littlefinger makes his move.

4x03. Dragons From Stone - Dany contemplates how she will tackle Meereen. Melisandre, and Davos, convince Stannis to act. Tyrion faces his accusers. Sansa considers her alliances. Jaime re-unites with his sister.

4x04. Betrayals - Shae speaks out. Tyrion searches for help. Daenerys learns some new information. Jon is accused of breaking his oath. The Ironborn consider their choices.

4x05. Goldenhand the Just - Jaime acquires a new possession. Arya discovers something from her past. Jon is sent on a mission. Tywin tells Jaime what is expected of him. Tyrion declares his guilt. Oberyn makes an offer. Victarion returns to Pyke.

4x06. The Horn of Winter - Jon struggles with a choice. Daenerys recieves news of Astapor. Sandor asks Arya for a favour.

4x07. The Red Viper - Yara makes her Uncle an offer. The inhabitants of Castle Black take stock. Tyrion awaits an important verdict.

4x08. Kingsmoot - A new King is chosen. Another is crowned. Dany tries her hand at ruling. Arya makes a decision about her future. Stannis makes Jon an offer.

4x09 Hear Me Roar - Tyrion awaits his fate. Sam considers the future of the Night's Watch. Dany realises the danger her dragons pose. Jaime tries to make amends.

4x10 The Crow - Jon makes a decision. Bran meets an old friend. Sansa is confronted by her Aunt. Arya reaches her destination. Victarion is given a mission. Daenerys shuts away her children. King's Landing reacts to a shocking event. Tyrion contemplates his next move.

This was fun. I'm going to do a Season 5 one soon.

The problem with this is that a lot of people have different ideas about how S4 will play out. I, for example, originally didn't like the idea that the Kingsmoot would be in S4 but I've sort of resigned myself to the likelyhood.

Taking mostly from other people's posts:

1. A Break in the Storm (referring to the slowdown in the war after the RW, and a nice little reference honouring the title A Storm of Swords)

2. Im cool with either Growing Strong or Widows Wail, both are awesome.

3. Kingsblood - multiple references there, maybe including Stannis reflecting on the deaths of the three kings

4. Sword in the Darkness - because I think the wildlings will have attacked by this point.

5. Giant of Lannister - Love this one as well

6. The Horn of Winter - Heavy Jon I think in this chapter, we may see Stannis arrive

7. Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken

8. Sewer Rats - I can't see this happening before the second half of S4.

9. Hear Me Roar <3

10. King Crow (Both the kingsmoot and Jon's election.

I have no idea how will s4 go, anyway. I'm not even sure....Still, I'll try:

1) Unbroken- The Martells' arrival to KL. The preparations for the royal wedding.

2) Growing Strong- only in the PW episode, i have no clue if it'll be 4-02 or 4x04

3) Our Blades are Sharp- Bolton heavy episode. More torture scenes? Daddy Bolton returns home?

4) No Godless Man- kingsmoot episode

5) The Last of the Giants- Ygritte's death, the battle at Castle Black

6) The Harpy- Dany heavy episode, the trial in second place

7) Ours is the Fury- Stannis' arrival

8) Dogs and Wolves- Clegane heavy episode. Viper vs Mountain fight.

9) A Coat of Gold- Tywin and Tyrion

10) Oathkeeper- Either that or The Moon Door, but that'd be too spoiler-ish

Meh, not really good, but i tried.

I had a pop at Season 5:

5x01. A Feast For Crows - Brienne surverys the aftermath of the War. Cersei tries to consolidate her power. Jon learns how to lead. Tensions brew in Dorne. Theon arrives in Winterfell. Tyrion considers an offer.

5x02. Sons of the Harpy - King's Landing hosts a Royal Wedding. Cersei tries to gain power over Margaery. Dany deals with rebels in Meereen. Jon takes action.

5x03. The Ghost in Winterfell - Theon assists a marriage. Jon advises the King. Sansa and Arya learn new skills. Dany makes a promise to Hizhdar.

5x04. The Queenmaker - Cersei makes a deal with the Faith. The Night's Watch admits new recruits. Sam listens to Maester Aemon in Braavos. Arianne puts her plan into action.

5x05. Vengance and Justice - Jaime treats with Riverrun; Davos with White Harbour. Tyrion makes a discovery. Doran shows his hand to Arianne.

5x06. No-One - Sam confronts Dareon. Arya disobeys orders. Mel makes a promise to Jon. Daenerys weighs her prospects after a revelation.

5x07. A Mummer's Farce - Aegon changes his plans. Davos is given a mission. Arya is punished. Sansa makes a descent. Quentyn considers his options. Yara is taken hostage.

5x08. The Dragontamer - Quentyn takes action. Dany witnesses a fight in the slave pits. Sam speaks at a funeral. Cersei puts her pieces into place.

5x09. Oathkeeper - Jaime speaks with Edmure. Brienne is judged by an old friend. Cersei visits Margaery in prison. Tyrion and Jorah arrive in Meereen to find it struggling without its Queen.

5x10. Remember Your Name - Theon makes a daring escape attempt. Jon recieves bad news. Arya completes her first mission. Littlefinger reveals his plans to Sansa. Cersei and Brienne both ask Jaime for help. Daenerys is lost.

Let's see for Season 5

1) Broken men. Brienne in the riverlands. Jon in his duties as LC. Tyrion travelling to Pentos. Tywin's funeral.

2) Queen You Shall Be. Tommen and Margaery wedding. Cersei scheming and getting paranoid. Daenerys ruling in Meereen. Glimpses of Arianne's plans.

3) Mummer's Farce. Tyrion gets ahold of Griff and Young Griff. Arya trains. Sansa as Alayne in the Vale. Jaime departing to the riverlands.

4) It Rhymes with Weak. Theon and Ramsay go to Winterfell. Asha is around Deepwood Motte. Bran meets Bloodraven

5) Daggers in the Dark. Melisandre warns Jon of the future. Arya in Braavos. Brienne against the BC. Davos and Manderly speak.

6) The Pits. Dany heavy episode. Hizdahr begs a word with the Queen. Cersei and Qyburn scheme together.

7) No One. Sam in Braavos. The Wedding in Winterfell.

8) Valonqar. Lannister heavy episode. Quentyn's adventures in Essos.

9) Mother Merciless. Brienne gets judged. Winter has finally arrived. Cersei is abducted.

10) The Black Dread. Daenerys and Drogon heavy episode. Jon gets stabbed. The siege in Meereen begins. Theon escapes...I'd kinda like For The Watch, too.

The events are a mismatch, but I like the titles...

1) Broken men.

5) Daggers in the Dark.

8) Valonqar. Lannister heavy episode. Quentyn's adventures in Essos.

I like these titles. Valonqar is definitely one that can reflect plenty of storylines - I only left it out of my suggestions because of my theory that the Valonqar prophecy itself will be left out of the show, since the show has so far seemed quite averse to flashbacks and prophecies.

I like the 'Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken' for the trial by combat... good thinking. also, sword in the darkness and widow's wail, great titles.

Personally, i think unbowed, un-broken would be better saved for later in the episode where doran tells arianne about fire and blood.

Looking at other season 5 episodes; I can't think for all of them, but I think the kingsmoot one should be salt and rock, the one where the golden company sets sail: bittersteel, and one episode should be called: Dragons old and new like moquorros prophecy,

This thread is full of fail. None of these sound like anything that would ever be remotely close to being used.

Let's see some of your suggestions then since apparently you know what works and doesn't work.

Archived