[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4?

Rashtibram

If it was up to me:

- The March (Ygritte and Tormund behind the Wall plotting, Dany deciding to March to Meereen, the Dornish arrival)

- You Know Nothing (the battle behind Castle Black, assuming it isn't in season 3- which sucks btw)

- A Viper's Venom (Oberyn's research as well as many Oberyn scenes, Melisandre deciding to burn Gendry, Arya trying to kill the Hound at his sleep...)

- Till Death Do Us Part (lols)

- Chains (Jon, Theon and Tyrion as well as others in chains, Dany about freeing chains- beginning the sack of Meereen)

- The Giant and the Snow Castle (battle of the Wall, Sansa and Sweetrobin)

- Crossroads (Arya at the inn, Jon being forced to go to Mance, Dany's final attack on the Meereenese walls, Davos reading the letter after freeing Gendry and more meaningful choices)

- The King Who Cared (final and big battle of the Wall with an almost completely Wall-focused episode)

- Judgement (RV vs The Mountain, Arya leaving the Hound, Daenerys ditching Jorah)

- Vengeance (Stoneheart, Tyrion and Tywin, Arya leaving for Braavos in hopes to become an assassin, Only Cat, Jon's choice)

Some are half assed but a few are appropriate.

Depends on what will happen in those episodes:

But looking at the characters separately

Bran: the Children of the forest, the three-eyed crow, the last greenseers,

Arya: Needle

Sansa: The fingers, family duty honor, lives of four kings. king of the ashes (LF)

Jon: We are the watchers in the night, you know nothing, horn of Joramun. King in the north. (Tormunds member?)

Tyrion: Trial by combat, dornish law. the Valonqar.

Jaime: The kingsguard.

Samwell: Look at Jon.

Davos: The night is dark and full of terrors.

Danny: Mereense knot, sons of the harpy, chains.

I hope we get in season 5 the title: The walk of shame.

but we have to wait till season 3 ends.

Too on the nose, IMO. They will try to avoid tipping anything off about the PW.

I think it's a perfect title. Look at this season. Rains of Castamere.

Maybe a strange title for the season 4 final, if Uncat is this season, maybe we will learn in the season 4 final that Eagon lives. What about:

- The King that was promise.

- The dragon has three heads.

- The long forgotten boy.

I think it's a perfect title. Look at this season. Rains of Castamere.

Spoilery for readers, completely innocuous for non-readers. Even the most attentive viewers only know that it's "the Lannister song", they have no idea of its context in the events of that coming episode. But putting the word "widow" into an episode about a wedding immediately puts notions of the husband dying into your head, no matter what else you know about the plot.

Spoilery for readers, completely innocuous for non-readers. Even the most attentive viewers only know that it's "the Lannister song", they have no idea of its context in the events of that coming episode. But putting the word "widow" into an episode about a wedding immediately puts notions of the husband dying into your head, no matter what else you know about the plot.

Depends. If they put an episode before that Joffrey's swords name is widows wail. And maybe a scene where he talks about killing Tyrion. It could work. but I don't think the title will refer to PW in the episode. Look at Ned's dead. Cat's. Mormont. Important characters where the title refers to them.

I like the title: lives of four kings, because it refers to the book that Tyrion is giving Joffrey.

1: We Do Not Sew - Balon Greyjoy dies in mysterious circumstances; Euron arrives at Pyke much to Victarion and Aeron's dismay.

2: The Dornishman's Wife - Arianne and Oberyn, and a few other Dornish arrive in King's Landing. (I think it's smart to get Arianne in asap.) Mance arrives at the Wall with the Wildling host.

3: The Wall is Yours - Mance begins to attack the Wall from the North, as Tormund and the Magnar raid from the South. Maester Aemon sends word for help. Donal Noye is killed and Jon realises the fate of the realm is in his hands.

4: Hear Me Roar - The purple wedding, Tyrion is accused. The siege at the wall continues.

5: Horn of Winter - Jon is sent by Slynt to assassinate Mance Rayder, as Stannis army destroys Mance's host. King's Landing reels from Joffrey's death.

6: Kingsmoot - The Iron Islands elect Euron Crow's Eye their king, and he sets his plans in motion. Tyrion's trial at King's Landing results in him asking for a trial by combat.

7: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - The Red Viper fights The Mountain and loses, Tyrion is sentenced to death. Daenerys conquers Meereen.

8: The Moon Door - Petyr Baelish discovers that married life is not all it's cracked up to be... Dany decides to stay in Meereen after the Sons of Harpy begin to undermine her.

9: A Hand of Gold - Jaime sends Brienne on a quest and Tyrion murders Shae and his father.

10: The Sons of Harpy - Tyrion and Victarion set out on separate quests to find Dany, who declares war against the Harpy. Jon is elected Lord Commander.

Obviously I haven't covered all the characters, and I think some moments may differ, be swapped back and forth, but I feel this list is solid enough.

1: We Do Not Sew - Balon Greyjoy dies in mysterious circumstances; Euron arrives at Pyke much to Victarion and Aeron's dismay.

2: The Dornishman's Wife - Arianne and Oberyn, and a few other Dornish arrive in King's Landing. (I think it's smart to get Arianne in asap.) Mance arrives at the Wall with the Wildling host.

3: The Wall is Yours - Mance begins to attack the Wall from the North, as Tormund and the Magnar raid from the South. Maester Aemon sends word for help. Donal Noye is killed and Jon realises the fate of the realm is in his hands.

4: Hear Me Roar - The purple wedding, Tyrion is accused. The siege at the wall continues.

5: Horn of Winter - Jon is sent by Slynt to assassinate Mance Rayder, as Stannis army destroys Mance's host. King's Landing reels from Joffrey's death.

6: Kingsmoot - The Iron Islands elect Euron Crow's Eye their king, and he sets his plans in motion. Tyrion's trial at King's Landing results in him asking for a trial by combat.

7: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - The Red Viper fights The Mountain and loses, Tyrion is sentenced to death. Daenerys conquers Meereen.

8: The Moon Door - Petyr Baelish discovers that married life is not all it's cracked up to be... Dany decides to stay in Meereen after the Sons of Harpy begin to undermine her.

9: A Hand of Gold - Jaime sends Brienne on a quest and Tyrion murders Shae and his father.

10: The Sons of Harpy - Tyrion and Victarion set out on separate quests to find Dany, who declares war against the Harpy. Jon is elected Lord Commander.

Obviously I haven't covered all the characters, and I think some moments may differ, be swapped back and forth, but I feel this list is solid enough.

I think that some things will be little bit different with the story. But I like every title that you named. I hope that some will be in the show :D

These aren't in any particular order, but I think they make interesting titles for season 4

The Dornishman's Wife for Tyrion's trial. Especially because of his joke "do dornish girls count?"

Stoneheart for when Tyrion leaves. maybe the reveal of uncat here if they dont have it in season 3. Or if they have her revived in season 3, show what she's been doing to Freys she finds. And also have LF's reveal here, since I don't care for the daggers in the dark title. Seems hokey. Three characters who have a sort of hardening of their hearts.

Stranger

Lightbringer

Crow's Eye for Bran arriving with CotF and iron islands plot

Daggers in the Dark for Melisandre warning Jon and LF's reveal (don't care much for this one)

House of Black and White for revealing Manderly's plot and Arya's arrival in Braavos (I think they'll skip her sea voyage, personally)

IDK I don't have many.

What I'm curious about is, what title can they give to the episode that's about the battle at the wall. What sources tells us, it only will be about the battle.

Personally I want "Ours is the Fury" for the episode when Stannis arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, great ideas here! Fun thread. Hmm...stealing some people's ideas...

1- the Lives of Four Kings (Dorne comes to KL and Joff receives wedding gifts)

2- amethysts, or pigeon pie, or something along those lines

3- lord commander (double reference to Jamie refusing Tywin's offer, and Jon defending the Wall)

4- family, duty, honour (Sansa meets Lysa)

5- two blasts (first part of the wildlings battle at the wall)

6- the giant of Lannister (Shae's testimony at the trial)

7- ours is the fury (Stannis at the Wall)

8- oathkeeper (Jamie gives Brienne a new quest) or unbowed, unbent, unbroken (trial by battle)

9- hands of gold (Tyrion kills his dad)

10- and now his watch begins (Jon is LC, Un-cat, moon door, Arya leaves)

Coming up with good episode titles is pretty effin' hard. One I'm pretty sure of:

The episode in which The Mountain and The Viper fight, has to be called "Elia".

And what about "Family, Duty, Honor" for episode 10?

Show Littlefinger throwing Lysa out of the Moon Door. Show the resurrection of Cat. Perhaps Blackfish/Edmure scenes. Offcourse those words could refer to a lot of characters.

Archived