If you could choose a series HBO would make

JonArryn

A mini series on Robert's Rebellion, Dance of the Dragons, Greyjoy Rebellion, Aegon's Conquest, Blackfyre Rebellion... Any of the above, really. The material has a solid foundation already.

The HYPERION SAGA!!!! (including Endymion and Rise of Endymion)

I always imagined it as a anime, but w/ enough $$$ you could do a real life version and it would be EPIC!

ETA: This would be perfect because it's very character driven with science based sci-fi set a few hundred years into the future. Please let this happen. PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!

A KOTOR, or TOR era series. Could be an entire new story, or a possible aftermath/reformation set-up. It'd be rated TV-MA, because we can finally portray Mandalorians the way they should be. :drool:

Or maybe the opposite: an intentionally outrageous horror show inspired by Junji Ito circa Uzumaki or Tomie.

Uzumaki would be awesome to see adapted.

Also, make IT by Stephen King into a 1-season series. The pace of the book fits nicely into one seaon, I think.

I'd love to see The Warlord Chronicles adapted but it would definitely be better as a trilogy of movies. Get Neil Marshall to direct and a nice budget and that trilogy could be incredible.

As far as a TV show, I'd love to see a Batman show that was true to the source material and included the other members of the bat family. Maybe something in the style of the Arkham trilogy of video games. With the size and diversity of Batman's rogue gallery, you could get a ton of mileage out of the show.

A ten-episode Shogun miniseries.

Preferably written and directed by yours truly (trust me, it would be excellent).

This.

OR

McCullough: Masters of Rome

Dunnett: Lymond Chronicles

Cornwell: Saxon Tales (? whatever they're called)

Something Ghengis Khan, maybe Harold Lamb as source material since Conn Iggulden blows

EDIT: Looking back I said something Ghengis Khan over a year ago. Good thread, but how was it resurrected and how cyclical is this place getting?

As someone pointed out, Dune is one of the classic scifi novels that is not approprietly filmed yet.

I mean all the 7 or 8 books including the last ones witch wrote the son of Frank Herbert to complete the series.

This would be very epic and could only be done as a TV series.

The dune cycle offers so many ethic and philosophical insights about how to gain power and what to do with it and the development of human kind.

I think I heard some rumor about someone collecting money for a dune project.

Has someone more information about that?

Careful which books you consider part of the Dune canon.

This.

OR

McCullough: Masters of Rome

Dunnett: Lymond Chronicles

Cornwell: Saxon Tales (? whatever they're called)

Something Ghengis Khan, maybe Harold Lamb as source material since Conn Iggulden blows

EDIT: Looking back I said something Ghengis Khan over a year ago. Good thread, but how was it resurrected and how cyclical is this place getting?

BBC announced a few weeks ago that they were adapting Cornwell's The Saxon Tales.

I would love someone to make a series covering all of H P Lovecraft's mythos stories. Or at least the major ones: Call of Cthulu, Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth etc.

Set it in Arkham and use some of the recurring characters/names from the university as main cast.

You could do one short story an episode, or possibly make them as mini-movie style eps like what was done with the Sharpe books. There's such a wonderfully dark collection of monsters and sinister goings on that you could go really dark and gritty with this. Plus a lot of the horror is unseen or implied rather than all out gore so it would be interesting to see what could be done with it.

I suppose Penny Dreadful is a similar sort of idea, but it seems to be sticking to the more classic literary monsters. At least the bits of it I've seen.

I'd love to see a big-budget series of Mark Waid's Irredeemable. Lots of cool characters, plotting and scheming and backstabbing as well as more normal downbeat interaction, great visuals and awesome action. Too long for a movie but would make for an awesome show.

Edit: Also I second whoever wanted to see Y The Last Man.

Archived