Is indeed Sansa's infatuation with the Hound mutual?

The Sleeper

I remember reading those, but I never viewed as her pining for the Hound.

Her wondering if it would have been wiser to have left with the Hound seems normal for a girl who's in essence a prisoner. And the part about the "crule mouth" could be about Joffrey, who she started to view in a new light and commented on his mouth and "worm lips" several times.

Even the dream about the wedding and "I'll have a song from you" isn't necessarily sexual or romantic. And the thought about Megga could be about defiance and how such a courteous lady could have allowed herself to be kissed by the likes of the Hound.

I just don't see it.

I think keeping his cloak is significant. Also, the kiss she's imagining is the unkiss, not Joffrey. Here's more from the same passage:

He had come to Sansa in the darkness as green fire filled the sky. He took a song and a kiss, and left me nothing but a bloody cloak.

` See, the kiss is what I find most interesting. We know it never happened. So I guess I would have to call on all the amateur psychologist and try to determine why she imagines that.

I'm quick to chalk it up to the confusion of the day and the Hound being in her face and kind of terrorizing her when he feinted as if he was going to rape her. And also forcing that song out of her.

But I have a feeling that others will view it way differently.

` I think, and I could be wrong, that there is a segment of posters that really dig the Hound and are reading more into it than what's actually there.

Maybe there is something to it. Or maybe they're just projecting their own feelings onto the (non)relationship.

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want someone like the Hound for Sansa?

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want someone like the Hound for Sansa?

Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the beast.

` I think, and I could be wrong, that there is a segment of posters that really dig the Hound and are reading more into it than what's actually there.

Maybe there is something to it. Or maybe they're just projecting their own feelings onto the (non)relationship.

No, not reading more into it. There's significant textual evidence to support that both have feelings for each other. If you're genuinely interested in this relationship, Mladen has already recommended the Pawn to Player threads in which participants have spent a great deal of time analyzing both Sansa and Sandor.

And it isn't so much wishing the Hound for Sansa as much as recognizing what they both want.

Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the beast.

Sansa is the kind of girl, who prefers Beauty and the Beauty. Big age gap, relatively low birth of Sandor, lack of physical appeal and not exactly a beauty inside means Sandor is pretty much the exact opposite of Sansa's dream man. I don't see her changing that much by the end of the series.

This is why I hate the idea. It's been done to death.

The one thing about Sansa and Sandor is that their story is archetype, but not stereotype. You see quite new perspective to the motif, and yet it`s so far from the usual stereotypical view. I have done essays comparing Sandor to Severus Snape and Konstantin Levin, and I talked about their love story referencing Brothers Karamazov. I discovered that although the theme is quite old, it`s not boring or already seen. So much about Sandor and Sansa is never seen before and fresh. This is not the story only about beast finding the beauty in him, it`s also about the beauty finding the beast in her.

I'm not sure of Sandor's exact emotions regarding Sansa, but there is one quote

''I meant to take her''

that makes me think it is both sexual desire and emotional affection.

He meant to have sex with rape her, which is not something he would do if he did not find her sexually desirable. However, he didn't. He was in the chamber, nothing was stopping him from taking her right then. Until she sang a song of innocence (the Maiden, I believe - or was it the Mother) - anyway, either he pitied her too much or he found that he loved her, something about her touched him enough to stop him from being the person he was expected to be, who he expected himself to be.

That night, he was frightened, wounded and had severe case of PTSD. He wanted romance - he wanted Florian and JOnquil song, but Sansa sang him Mother`s hymn. She soothed his pain, and eased his soul. They bounded on such deep level, that Sansa basically triggered his redemption arc in some way.

''I meant to take her''

He meant to have sex with rape her, which is not something he would do if he did not find her sexually desirable. However, he didn't. He was in the chamber, nothing was stopping him from taking her right then. Until she sang a song of innocence (the Maiden, I believe - or was it the Mother) - anyway, either he pitied her too much or he found that he loved her, something about her touched him enough to stop him from being the person he was expected to be, who he expected himself to be.

Sorry, but rape has nothing to do with sexual desirability it is a violent assault and apart from murder the worst kind. Raping someone is about humiliating, hurting and aggression rather than any sexual desire.

''I meant to take her''

He did not go to her room to rape her. He went there to offer her a way out of King's Landing. He promises to protect her and keep her safe. Not exactly the actions of a rapist. Also, the ASoIaF app confirms he did indeed go to her room to try and summon the courage to ask her to leave with him.

Sansa is the kind of girl, who prefers Beauty and the Beauty. Big age gap, relatively low birth of Sandor, lack of physical appeal and not exactly a beauty inside means Sandor is pretty much the exact opposite of Sansa's dream man. I don't see her changing that much by the end of the series.

I don`t think Sansa will be the only one who has to change. They will meet half way. You can`t have the love story in which only one is transforming. Sandor is on redemption arc at QI, Sansa is maturing. They`ll meet half way, that`s the only way it could and would work.

I don`t think Sansa will be the only one who has to change. They will meet half way. You can`t have the love story in which only one is transforming. Sandor is on redemption arc at QI, Sansa is maturing. They`ll meet half way, that`s the only way it could and would work.

Maybe, but the Hound can change his character and become a good man, but he can never change his looks or his birth. Sansa would have to give up virtually everything she wanted to fall for the Hound and if she is ever restored to Winterfell, which the prophecy suggest is not like she is going to be without suitors.

She's already changed a lot and does prefer Sandor over the pretty-boy Loras type. I'm posting on my phone and trying to watch the Warriors game, otherwise I would provide textual evidence.

So much about Sandor and Sansa is never seen before and fresh. This is not the story only about beast finding the beauty in him, it`s also about the beauty finding the beast in her.

Well that's not exactly never seen before. I remember a certain TV series that GRRM used to write for...

Maybe, but the Hound can change his character and become a good man, but he can never change his looks or his birth. Sansa would have to give up virtually everything she wanted to fall for the Hound and if she is ever restored to Winterfell, which the prophecy suggest is not like she is going to be without suitors.

Sansa has made it very clear she wants to be loved for herself, not her claim. And no one is arguing they will actually end up together, just that they have feelings for each other.

And what is that she wants? What are those things she had to renounce to be with him? Her claim? She is disinherited. Her status? She is married to her family`s worst enemy. She wants to be loved. And right now, the only one who is in love with her is Sandor.

He did not go to her room to rape her. He went there to offer her a way out of King's Landing. He promises to protect her and keep her safe. Not exactly the actions of a rapist. Also, the ASoIaF app confirms he did indeed go to her room to try and summon the courage to ask her to leave with him.

He jumped at her out of the dark dead, held a knife to her throat and told her to sing for him. I find your description of these events rather ...liberal.

That night, he was frightened, wounded and had severe case of PTSD. He wanted romance - he wanted Florian and JOnquil song, but Sansa sang him Mother`s hymn. She soothed his pain, and eased his soul. They bounded on such deep level, that Sansa basically triggered his redemption arc in some way.

Doesn't PTSD involve memory lapses and delusional states? If so when did Sandor display such symptoms?

Well that's not exactly never seen before. I remember a certain TV series that GRRM used to write for...

I heard about Beauty and the beast TV series. I haven`t watched it, I watched 2 episodes of 2012/13 TV series, and I didn`t like it. My friends said to me that original is much better. I haven`t said everything, I said many things are never seen before. And I like how GRRM is approaching to their love story.

Archived