[Book Spoilers] Jaime/Brienne

That will be when he gives her Oathkeeper "I have made and unmade kings. But Sansa Stark is my last chance at honor."

I mentioned this in the positive nitpick (as if that isn't an oxymoron in itself) thread - Brienne reminded him that he made an oath (I think she used "promise"), and to keep it. Nice bit of foreshadowing for her receipt of Oathkeeper. \m/

Ser Jaime... loved that... The look on Jaime's face... my fierce, honorable Brienne. loved Jaime running to the pit, racing up those stairs, he needed to get to her. I did miss the "dreamed of you" comment but other then that I was not disappointed. Correction I wouldn't Jamie or Brienne to throw him into the bear pit, that would have made it perfect.

I thought it was an interesting choice to let Bart the Bear's character live in this version. Even though I knew full well that both J & B got out of the pit, it was still a tense scene, with him hanging on for dear life, her dangling back over the edge trying to reach him. Non-book readers had to be holding their breath!

I was so looking forward to this scene but I thought it was slightly underwhelming. I still enjoyed it but it felt so rushed and I'm disappointed some of the best lines from the book were omitted ("I dreamed of you", "I only rescue maidens")

Did they really need to focus so much on Theon with the gratuitous nudity and torture? I could have done with less of that and more of Jaime and Brienne. The two of them and Dany were the best part of an otherwise lackluster episode. Hard to believe GRRM wrote it.

I was so looking forward to this scene but I thought it was slightly underwhelming. I still enjoyed it but it felt so rushed and I'm disappointed some of the best lines from the book were omitted ("I dreamed of you", "I only rescue maidens")

Did they really need to focus so much on Theon with the gratuitous nudity and torture? I could have done with less of that and more of Jaime and Brienne. The two of them and Dany were the best part of an otherwise lackluster episode. Hard to believe GRRM wrote it.

We still could have those lines next episode, you know? She could ask why he came back and she could answer with both of them.

(Agree with the theon part)

Yeah - most of my reaction has already been posted. Disappointed in it -- too short -- and they left out one of my favorite lines in the book...When Locke said "The bitch stays here" was the perfect time for Jaime to say, "Brienne. Her name is Brienne." I love that line. :crying:

We needed much, much less Theon (in fact I'd say we need no more of Theon) -- and we need much, much more of Jaime and Brienne. Hated that they left out the dream bit. Don't know why but I didn't remember the "I only rescue maidens" line, but it sounds great. I swear, I just flew through those books too fast....

I liked the bear scene, it wasn't great - mostly because the director mishandled it, but it served its purpose.

NCW's face spoke volumes this episode. He continues to amaze. Get the man an Emmy!

The bear choreography was a little.. goofy, but overall I enjoyed that scene. It's pretty over the top scene to begin with.

Would have loved to see Jaime shove that asshole into the pit though.

I liked the Bear scene, but it was just way too short.

Now I am wondering what will Jaime and Brienne do in these 3 next episodes. Apparently, they are not in episode 8, but what will they do in episodes 9 and 10? I don't think the PW is happening in episode 10, so how are they going to wrap their storyline this season?

Oh and - I am loving how much they are playing at Jaime-falling-for-Brienne. It's almost pathetic how much I ship these two.

I think they need a reason for the split between Jaime and Cersei. There is no kettleback and we nearly forget Lancel so perhaps the show want to build a sort of triangle

I think they need a reason for the split between Jaime and Cersei. There is no kettleback and we nearly forget Lancel so perhaps the show want to build a sort of triangle

Good point! Well, I'm up for that change. It's a good one for me as a shipper. La-la-la... hehe.

Archived