[Book Spoilers] Chekov's Chain

Damn it, I thought I was going to be the first person to post "Chekhov's chain" in these forums :(

But yeah, I think Shae will keep the chain, and will be wearing it when Tyrion finds her in Tywin's bed. If you introduce a chain in season 3, you'd better choke a bitch with it in season 4. As for sleeping with Tywin, she could perhaps do it to ensure her safety? Tywin wouldn't take too kindly to a whore that openly testifies about her clandestine affair with his son.

I have the feeling D&D want to cut out the chain and GRRM always brings it back. First in Blackwater and now in this episode. It's an interesting contradiction. Like Martin reminds them that there is a not so good side in Tyrion they seem to forget

Yep, pretty clear that in the absence of a hand's chain of office being the thing around Shae's neck, this is the chain by which Shae will meet her end.

Bloody hell I wish Tyrion had at least admited to Bronn that the thought of bedding Sansa gets him hard.

Someone should inform Mr Chekov that he lost quite the few items in ASOAIF :)

I like the idea, and I think it`ll play more important role. This objects that are shown to us are carefully chosen, remember the last episode and dragonglass blade Sam was holding. I bet it will be murder weapon in the future season.

Someone should inform Mr Chekov that he lost quite the few items in ASOAIF :)

I like the idea, and I think it`ll play more important role. This objects that are shown to us are carefully chosen, remember the last episode and dragonglass blade Sam was holding. I bet it will be murder weapon in the future season.

I'm pretty sure Sam the Slayer is in next week's episode

Yeap, Puddles is making his first TV appearence :)

It might be his second, if he's the same WW that spared Sam in the season 2 finale. I think that would be a nice touch, if he came back to finish the job, or had been stalking Sam and Gilly for some time.

Damn it, I thought I was going to be the first person to post "Chekhov's chain" in these forums :(

But yeah, I think Shae will keep the chain, and will be wearing it when Tyrion finds her in Tywin's bed. If you introduce a chain in season 3, you'd better choke a bitch with it in season 4. As for sleeping with Tywin, she could perhaps do it to ensure her safety? Tywin wouldn't take too kindly to a whore that openly testifies about her clandestine affair with his son.

That term has been used before. I think with Joffrey's crossbow.

Tyrion gives Shae a 'loaded' golden chain, am I right? Will she resort to Tywin's company because she feels spurned, as opposed to basically just being a rotten person like in the books?

Since the hand of the King badge seems to be a pin instead of a necklace, this golden chain will likely be what Tyrion uses to strangle her.

Since the hand of the King badge seems to be a pin instead of a necklace, this golden chain will likely be what Tyrion uses to strangle her.

yeah, it definitely wouldn't have the impact of stabbing - not that he had given Shae the hands chain in the book, but what it symbolized made it that much more impactful. Since he gave her this, it would be that much "better' for it to be used.

I think it's obvious that they're gonna play the "hell hath no fury" card with Shae betraying Tyrion.

I'm just glad that she'll maybe still get killed by Tyrion. The whole "whore with a heart of gold" cliche is pretty tired, IMO. I was thinking that part wasn't gonna happen since they're making Shae "good" but now I think we're still having Tyrion do the deed, but for different reasons. And I'm glad, because I feel they have softened him too much.

I really don't mind the whitewashing of Tyrion because him and Arya are the only characters I never lost respect for no matter they did, but the chain made me wish they had put Simon Silvertongue in... It would've been a great song opportunity.

Hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm...

Like Tyrion could've sang that after walking out of the room after he kills her.

Archived