Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Spoilers within)

Rhom

I'm kind of amazed anyone thought he was dead to be honest.

Um, care to elaborate? We practically saw Coulson expire on the floor. His death scene had the tone of a death scene for a beloved character. The business with the cards made just as much sense if he was dead as if he wasn't. Hill was commenting on Fury using the Avengers, and his reply addressed using the Avengers - not that Coulson was alive. There was absolutely no indication that Coulson was alive. You may have made a random guess that he was, but to be 'amazed' that people read the scene the way it was probably meant to be read at the time doesn't make sense.

Um, care to elaborate? We practically saw Coulson expire on the floor. His death scene had the tone of a death scene for a beloved character. The business with the cards made just as much sense if he was dead as if he wasn't. Hill was commenting on Fury using the Avengers, and his reply addressed using the Avengers - not that Coulson was alive. There was absolutely no indication that Coulson was alive. You may have made a random guess that he was, but to be 'amazed' that people read the scene the way it was probably meant to be read at the time doesn't make sense.

It's not about the story itself. It's more about the fact that this is a comic book adaptation and Coulson was a very popular character. The second even the possibility of a TV show was announced, it was blatant he was coming back.

The fact that we didn't actually see him die, combined with the lack of touching funeral scene at the end, just accentuated that.

It's not about the story itself. It's more about the fact that this is a comic book adaptation and Coulson was a very popular character. The second even the possibility of a TV show was announced, it was blatant he was coming back.

The fact that we didn't actually see him die, combined with the lack of touching funeral scene at the end, just accentuated that.

In the movie Fury says Agent Coulson is down, specifically not saying he was dead. After that you have the card fakeout.

I guess it isn't obvious, but when I watched the movie I was sure he was alive.

Marvel Releases Full "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Trailer

After officially getting picked up by ABC, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has had a blitz of promotional material, including a teaser trailer and a new viral website. In the wake of recent new production photos and the official timeslot for the show, Marvel and ABC have released the first full official trailer for the highly anticipated Joss Whedon series that gives a much better look at what to expect from the story and cast -- including the revelation of a very much alive Agent Phil Coulson played by Clark Gregg.

Tuesdays at 8? I can do that.

Liked the trailer and like the apparent direction they are taking.

(Forgive my ignorance of Marvel lore... Was the ninja-like pilot gal a recast Black Widow?)

(Forgive my ignorance of Marvel lore... Was the ninja-like pilot gal a recast Black Widow?)

No. Her name is given as Melinda May. I don't think she's based on any comic character.

I suspect that they would have used Black Widow if they could afford Scarlett Johansen though.

Yeah, that looks pretty awesome.

And is that freaking Gunn as Luke Cage?

The rumour he may be "rage" seems pretty good as that's a lower tier marvel character and he apparently appears in the little Marvel comic flickbook banner at the start.

The full trailer is pretty cool. Loved the "SHIELD" joke.

One of the characters seems like Whedon wanted Eliza Dushku in it but she wasn't available - hopefully she'll be less so in a full episode.

Coulson seems to have weird tech in his arm so he's maybe part cyborg or has alien tech (from the invasion) keeping him alive.

I think they should be careful with plugging the Avengers as the only Avenger who will ever turn up is the Hulk and possibly Iron Man (although i doubt RDJR would even do a voice-over so they'd have to impersonate him)

No. Her name is given as Melinda May. I don't think she's based on any comic character.

I suspect that they would have used Black Widow if they could afford Scarlett Johansen though.

They'd have used Hawkeye, Black Widow and Banner if they could have afforded them :)

I do think we'll see more super folk turn up in the show though as it progresses. It's a shame the Ant-man film is getting made as Hank Pym would have made a great scientist for the team.

I'm not the biggest superhero fan, but the movies can be decent, and I am a big Joss Whedon fan, so yeah, I'll check this out. I'm definitely hoping that as the show moves forward more and more of Whedon's regulars start showing up (sidenote: I'm happy that Clark Gregg seems to joining that group with his role in Much Ado..., he's good).

The trailer was pretty good. A few lines that were perhaps a little too cheesy. I predict a fair amount of narm charm in the vein of doctor who, but hopefully with some slightly more mature plots.

How long are episodes do we know? A full hour, half an hour, 45 minutes?

Is the Ant Man film about Pym?

From what I heard it's supposed to involve 3 incarnations of Ant Man including Pym, Scott Lang and the slightly criminal guy from a few years back. Pym may just be the elderly scientist who invented Pym particles though.

Yeah, that looks pretty awesome.

And is that freaking Gunn as Luke Cage?

Tor.com have suggested Patriot, which I was sceptical of (powers seem wrong) but there is that line about him carrying a shield, and the Super-Soldier Serum is a big part of the existing universe...

Tor.com have suggested Patriot, which I was sceptical of (powers seem wrong) but there is that line about him carrying a shield, and the Super-Soldier Serum is a big part of the existing universe...

Patriot of the Young Avengers is a good choice too, even if the age of the actor is wrong. It would allow for the original Captain America story to be played with, or Patriot's use of a mutant gene drug to get his powers could be used as a backdoor into mutants for the show...

Archived