[TV SPOILERS] Jon, Ygritte & Orel Love Triangle

Ghost is north of the Wall. Doesn't Varamyr recognize Jon as a warg in the books? Granted, Ghost was probably by him at that time. Also, Haggon parents shunned him when they discovered he was a warg, so maybe wargs are valued but at the same time feared by the wildlings.

Of course, he might have only meant he was still a crow.

Maybe Orell figures when the shit hits the fan, Jon's loyalties are still to the Night's Watch.

Honestly, they've foreshadowed enough that Jon's really still loyal to the NW and will probably not go through with his attack with the Wildlings.

The novels show some instances where being a warg is considered a bad thing, even amongst the Wildlings. Useful, but ultimately not an attractive quality. I'll try to find them.

He was with Sam at the fist.. no idea where he is now though. In the books, he was with Jon until he climbed the Wall, then he told him to go to Castle Black.

ETA: http://asoiaf.wester...20#entry4443037

That post talks about warging being frowned upon.

I know that, but why would Orell say that being that he is a known warg? Especially if he's trying to get in Ygritte's pants at the same time. If anyone, someone who isn't a warg should give that hint. I don't need evidence from the book that wargs are mistrusted by some wildlings, just like we don't need book quotes to see that they are widely accepted by the wildlings as well.

All the direwolves have been soooo neglected in Game of Thrones. It's annoying because I absolutely do love this show but there are some bits that just piss me off so much because it could be SO much better without shit like talisa, and gratuitous nudity and with more time on direwolves amongst other things

I'll be good to you, like I was good to you when I cut you loose on the wall

ahahahaha, how did I not make that connection?

Baby c'mere, I swear I won't purposefully try to send you plummeting hundreds of feet to your death ever again~

All the direwolves have been soooo neglected in Game of Thrones. It's annoying because I absolutely do love this show but there are some bits that just piss me off so much because it could be SO much better without shit like talisa, and gratuitous nudity and with more time on direwolves amongst other things

most of the nudity and sex scenes are pointless and such a cheap trick, pod n 3 whores in a brothel. I just keep thinking that could have been 3 minutes with cat n robb or Jon or ANYONE important to the story.

most of the nudity and sex scenes are pointless and such a cheap trick, pod n 3 whores in a brothel. I just keep thinking that could have been 3 minutes with cat n robb or Jon or ANYONE important to the story.

ME TOO. SO MUCH.

THEY HAVE NEGLECTED CAT SO MUCH, AND YET WE GET POD HAS A BIG DICK RUNNING JOKE?

omg. this annoys me SO much.

I know they've had filming difficulties with them, so as much as I'd like to see them, I can give them a bit of a pass on that. On the other hand, nudity for its own sake has grown very tiresome. Some of us are actually married or otherwise "getting some" in RL, and don't need to get vicarious jollies or spanking material from HBO.

ME TOO. SO MUCH.

THEY HAVE NEGLECTED CAT SO MUCH, AND YET WE GET POD HAS A BIG DICK RUNNING JOKE?

Well, if the show was closer to the book, we would be getting a Tormund has a big dick running joke...

Cant deny that they should have spent more time with Cat though.

I know they've had filming difficulties with them, so as much as I'd like to see them, I can give them a bit of a pass on that. On the other hand, nudity for its own sake has grown very tiresome. Some of us are actually married or otherwise "getting some" in RL, and don't need to get vicarious jollies or spanking material from HBO.

I don't mean loooads of time dedicated on direwolves, but more time. Definitely at least mentioning Nymeria, for example.

Yeah, people calling me a prude for not liking the nudity need to take a step back really, haha, I'm not a prude and a nice naked body is a nice naked body but I just don't need to keep seeing all these one dimensional whore type characters and their overlong scenes taking up time from other parts of the story.

i don't have a problem with the scenes between actual characters ie jon, ygritte but all these random scenes like pod and the whores, bronn and the whores, theon and the whores, seriously, they are so unnecessary.

:D

I agree, Cat was in my top 3 favorite POVS and now she is a background character. :bang:

It makes me so furious.

They could have at least had Talisa as a background character, without much of a personality and Robb just has sex with her and marries her because of the news of bran and rickon, this stupid love story is AWFUL, it really really is and has taken up TOO MUCH TIME and ruined the stories of WAY MORE important characters like Cat.

i really dont think i can ever forgive the show for talisa.

i LOVE the show btw, i really do adore it. but there are just these things that make it so much less than it could be. it could be one of the best TV shows of all time but the way it is going it is becoming generic fantasy fluff and i SO dont want that to happen to the show because i love it so much.

ME TOO. SO MUCH.

On the topic of penis size, is anyone else surprised we haven't gotten a Tormund member story yet? The guy playing Tormund is spot on. His sex ed was great as well.

And yeah, Cat has been relegated to awkward mom at this point.

Before Orell tells Ygritte he's interested, he just told Jon that you love until its convinent. I don't think Orell was actually admitting he's in love with her. I think he was saying 'hey what about me? I'm not as pretty but I'm one of your own kind' as sort of a test to see how into Jon she was. He's jealous as hell of Jon and according to Kit Harington, Orell is the one person Jon has wanted to kill more than anything. (which is surprising considering how Alliser Thorne treated him) Orell is trying to put some distance between those two because he doesn't trust Jon (rightly so) and is trying to get through to Ygritte who's not having it. Like someone else said, it gave Ygritte a chance to admit she loved Jon on screen without us having to get inside her head. Although if anyone missed that, they're dense.

I think Ygritte/Jon in the show are much more a love story than in the books. On the show Jon seems to want to take Ygritte away from the harshness of being a wildling and into his world - show her Winterfell, buy her silk dresses, etc - without facing the harsh reality that will never happen.

What do you guys make of the "you won't love him once you realize what he is" line?

At first I thought it was just "he's still a crow" but she already knows that. Maybe Orell can sense Jon is a warg and, even though we haven't seen it, Jon makes a reference to having dreams where he's Ghost?

:agree:

It doesn't make sense if he meant Crow for several reasons.

1. It's repetitive to the audience since we already got that info last week from Ygritte, and GoT thankfully never treates their audience as if they're stupid.

2. It makes Jon the worst spy ever, and makes him stupid. Jon isn't stupid, and GRRM would never write him that way.

3. If he meant Crow, there's no reason to even be talking to Ygritte. Jon would just be dead. Tormund would have killed him.

4. GRRM repeats in the books that skinchangers sense other skinchangers. Orell knows what Jon is, even if Jon doesn't. How else would they get this into the series?

:D

I agree, Cat was in my top 3 favorite POVS and now she is a background character. :bang:

I can only ditto this sentiment over and over and over again. I love Cat and I can rationalize any changes to the show from the books, except for the treatment of Cat. It just breaks my heart even more knowing what is to come and knowing that the reason it was so powerful in the books is due to Cat's viewpoint and feelings. :crying:

Archived