SPOILER: Bronn

TheGreatGlover

Bronn has become many a fan favourite in the series and since he doesnt really appear in the last books how will this affect his role in the series?

The series and books differ...i cant see them killing Bronn off as we dont know his role in the final two books, also as he is a cult favourite it would be wise for the writers to keep him in.

Will they keep him around in Kings Landing? Or have him acompany Tyrion on his search for Dany?

Id be very dissapointed if they just killed him off or left him out complety

And do what with him in Essos? He can stick around with JCon/Griff sure, but then just have him separated from Tyrion at the whorehouse when picked up by Jorah? I guess that could happen...

They can let him do the stuff we only hear about in AFFC. It would mean casting a character to fill the Lollys role, and at least one or two others from that family, but if they want to give Bronn something to do, that's their best bet.

i doubt that he will get his own story arc during aFfC and aDwD but i could be wrong, they may just show a single fight scene with him and ser balman which he wins, it would be pretty cool and would be great to show the audience a darker side of bronn. I cant see him going to essos, especially seeing as Tyrion loses his gold and he refuses to fight a duel for him, much less cross half the world with him. Plus i'm sure he may have some role to play in the events of tWoW

I have the feeling that we will hear about Bronn, but the character will be gone (accurately) from the show after the trial. It is something that has always stood in the way of Tyrion and Bronn's relationship - gold. They have always been friends but in the end Bronn wanted to get more money and power and Tyrion was the man who could give him that. Bronn is a sellsword always. Calling him ser or lord does not change that. I think they will keep his story accurate to the books. I really hope they bring him back so we can see him duel Ser Balman. I would love to get to witness that scene.

Bringing my post from the 'Bronn will replace...' thread.

Seriously, Bronn as Hyle Hunt makes more sense:

--Puts Bronn back in mercenary on the road mode

--Gives Bronn an unattractive heiress to try to marry

--Believable that Bronn might go on the Sansa hunt for reward

--Makes Brienne's meandering adventure twelve times more interesting

--Puts Pod and Bronn back together (come on!)

--Keeps Bronn busy S5

Why am I the only one who sees how genius I am?

--Keeps Bronn busy S5

I always found Ser Hyle to be more of a knight than Bronn. Not a great and honorable knight, but still a knight. He has (somewhat) compassionate moments.

I've heard some interesting theories that he may replace Ilyn Payne.

I think he'll probably just get sent off to marry a girl off-screen or something which would be sad because he's a great character.

I was 90% sure he'd go with Tyrion but the Hyle Hunt thing makes sense.

He definitely won't just disappear off screen. Maybe Cersei will employ him in return for sex. That would make for some interesting Bronn/Jaime scenes.

I was 90% sure he'd go with Tyrion but the Hyle Hunt thing makes sense.

He definitely won't just disappear off screen. Maybe Cersei will employ him in return for sex. That would make for some interesting Bronn/Jaime scenes.

Bronn isn't one to get in over his head, which is exactly what happens with everyone who sleeps with Cersei.

--Keeps Bronn busy S5

Nope, I want this to happen verrrrry much.

I don't think he'd fall in with Cersei. He's a merc, but he's a canny merc who's survived by knowing the pros and cons of the hand that feeds him.

And, if we're talking about circles and story references, then it would be the second time Bronn has encountered Lady Cat on the road, and her last memory of him was helping Tyrion. Also an interesting contrast to her roadtrip with Jaime--similar wit, fundamentally different person. Tension coming from "is he gonna help me or hinder me when we find the girl?"

I don't think he'd fall in with Cersei. He's a merc, but he's a canny merc who's survived by knowing the pros and cons of the hand that feeds him.

And, if we're talking about circles and story references, then it would be the second time Bronn has encountered Lady Cat on the road, and her last memory of him was helping Tyrion. Also an interesting contrast to her roadtrip with Jaime--similar wit, fundamentally different person. Tension coming from "is he gonna help me or hinder me when we find the girl?"

Right. Bronn is too smart and has seen too much of Cersei to ever get into Kettleblack position.

Yes, and he's had his own run-in with Cat. I expect the Brienne stuff to be condensed to 4-5 episodes, add in Bronn with Pod and the whole thing has a new zing.

I see why people support the idea. I love TV!Bronn even more than Book!Bronn, but it just seems like a stretch of character. The definining thing about Bronn is he only risks himself when he knows its better than what he has. After betraying Tyrion (which would be for what, since the whole point was that Cersei offered him something MUCH better?) why would he just travel around basically as a hedge knight hunting an unlikely reward? I would love to see more of Bronn but I just find Ser Hyle's character and situation to be something Bronn could not fit into.

Archived