The Best Casting and Worst Casting (in your opinion).

Conor

I couldn't imagine anyone else playing Eddard Stark other than Sean Bean. It's actually how I pictured him while reading the novels.

Lookswise, the guy they cast as Benjen was perfect. He has exactly what I think of when I think of the "Stark look".

Worst cast for me thus far is, unfortunately, all of the Baratheon brothers. Particularly Stannis. Dillane is a fine actor and I can't tell if it's him or the material, but this is just not how I pictured Stannis at all. I was hoping against hope that they could get Mark Strong to portray him.....alas his movie cred may be too high for this show.

The guy playing Renly just didn't fit the look or personality I had come to expect. Some of that is writing though.

Addy did well with his material, and I couldn't complain at all with his portrayal in that sense. He just didn't look the part is all. He was shorter than Sean Bean!!!! To me it was the same problem Jack Reacher fans had with Tom Cruise in the role. He acted it just fine, but his look just wasn't there (lol @ tom Cruise playing a 6' 5" guy).

Yeah, Benjen looks absolutely perfect. Definitely the ''Stark look''

I'd also add to the worst:

- Qhorin Halfhand: not only he does not look the part of a tough and seasoned raider, he trips during his first action scene, and doesn't look skilled at all during his fight with Jon

- Season 1 Gregor: he certainly looked powerful and menacing, but his scene at the tourney was excessively clownish. Didn't feel threatening at all, especially not the death on armor that he is in the books. (season 2 Gregor didn't really do anything, can't really judge)

Most of the First and second season casting was flawless . Everyone was perfect according to the book even Lena Headey as Cersei. Third season casting has been off in my opinion. The Blackfish , Thoros of Myr , Tormund and probably Mance Rayder have been horribly miscast or their characters havnt been according to the books IMO

I like Ciaran Hinds as an actor, so I don't want to badmouth his casting. But as Mance Rayder? Given some of the physical things Mance will have to do in the future, and the fact that he has a pregnant young wife is a plot point, casting a man over 60 feels odd.

Most of the casting has been excellent, the list of good casting would be to long.

The bad however is perticularly irksome when put alongside how right they get it most of the time.

Namely Gregor Clegane in season 2 which they could have gotten around if they hadnt changed his distinctive costume >.<, Renly Baratheon nothing like he was in the books they instead went for modern stereotypes of homosexual male. Those are the worst i can think of but considering the rest of the cast im hoping they can correct the slip up with the mountain in season 4.

I'll agree the Mountain 2.0 was not the best.

I didn't have a problem w/Renly, he needed better material. Same for Mance, when you drab him up that degree and don't give him any good lines, no actor is going to be able to give him any lift.

I was on the fence about Thoros, but he has won me over 200%, he's rocking it.

Craster to me was confusingly miscast. He looked as trim and clean cut as the NW Commander. He didn't look wildling at all.

Mance, I expected him to be more handsome I guess.

Jojen and Meera, I like who they picked, but I had a suuuuuuuuuuuuch different mental picture of them while reading.

Ramsay Snow. I always pictured him as an ugly wierdo.

Really everyone else though, I think they got perfect and they've mentally overwrote my mental images of the book characters. Well except I still picture Sansa being like 3 feet shorter.

I really don't understand why people dont like the casting choices of Kit for Jon Snow or Lena for Cersie, mostly Jon Snow I feel kit does a great job capturing Jon Snows monotone spirit :dunno:

Sean Bean is my favorite cast and he is The Ned. Can't cry hard enough when they took his head.

I agree, Charles Dance as Tywin is great. Whenever I picture Tywin in my head, I see Charles. Lena is doing fine as Cersei, but something is lacking about her performance. I love Cersei in AFFC, so I'll give Lena a chance to improve more. I don't really like the Hound in the books (except when he was with Arya), but Rory is awesomeness. NCW is great as Jaime, and Alfie as Theon; I'll give them both an award for their performance.

More best casting: Arya, Joffrey, Lancel, Thoros, Varys, King Bob, Ser Barristan, and Tyrion.

Worst casting: the Mountain in Season 2

Agree. He got the height, but his face is dull. He doesn't look scary and fierce at all. But one look from Season 1 actor, you gonna piss your pants for sure.

To me... the worst casting is Ciaran Hinds as Mance Rayder. I'm not sure what it is but I just don't like him for that part.

I don't like him, too. Something about him doesn't feel right (at least to me).

More worst casting: Ros :P Add to that, Talisa and Shae.

So-so casting: Jon Snow and Daenerys.

I'll only speak for myself on Kit, he LOOKS the part, but his acting took a serious nose dive in Season 2 and Season 3, he was virtually emotionless, wooden, blah.

Haha! I agree about the LOOKS.

I must also add: Stannis in the show doesn't feel like Stannis. I don't mind if he isn't bald, but his acting is flat. He looks like he's going to bend so easily. The man is not iron, hard, and unyielding. But I did like his performance with Shireen.

Best castings.

Sean Bean as Eddard Stark

Charles Dance adn Tywin ( he plays so naturally that it seems like he is playing himself! )

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion

Worst casting

Lena Headey as Cessei. Very bad casting, as Cersei has an underground passionate and fierce character in the books. Lena Headey plays Cersei as a cool woman who is not, as it is supposed, burned by her passions.

I think that it was not a good casting this of Sophie Turner too. She has nothing of the ultimate innocence that Sansa Stark has and though she is a very good actress, her appearance, ( and just this not her acting abilities) doesn't make her any favor in this role. She is too beautiful, very impressive as a woman to play the innocent romantic girl. I would have cast her for the role of Margaery as Margaery is calculative, beautiful and seductive.

Worst: the guy who plays Littlefinger is cartoonish, I don't care for for the actress playing Margarey, the actor who plays the Blackfish isn't what I imagined, and I think that both Robert and Renley B we're terrible.

Best: I can't believe that I forgot Sean Bean in my earlier post - he is amazing as Ned. I also love the actors who play Stannis, Davos, and Orell.

Finally, I love Lena Heady in general AND as Cersei. My husband makes fun of me b/c every time she comes on the screen I say that she's so pretty. Aside from being beautiful, however, I like her interpretation of Cersei. I think that it will be interesting to see her devolve into the paranoid, malicious wreck that Cersei becomes as the story progresses.

Archived