The Best Casting and Worst Casting (in your opinion).

Conor

Just to be clear, I speak for myself and I don't consider my choices to be fact, or better than anyone's here.

Best

• Peter Dinklage
  • Sean Bean
  • Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
  • Jack Gleeson
  • Maisie Williams
  • Iwan Rheon
  • Michael McElhatton
  • Charles Dance

Some of the actors like Joffrey's, and both Boltons, don't look like how I imagined their characters, but their performances are amazing.

Worst

• Kit Harington - Granted Jon Snow would be difficult to portray but he just doesn't do it for me. He also looks like a total wimp.
  • Emilia Clarke - Probably the worst for me. I won't complain about the age change because it's understandable. Emilia not only doesn't look like Dani, but she has the most distracting acting. Or should I say overacting. I saw some stage shows with her on youtube and she acts the same there, so I could assume she's a stage actress at heart. That's okay, but it's not the way I wanted to see Dani portrayed on the show. On a funny note, her eyebrows are also pretty distracing. So expressive but in a bad way.
  • Michelle Fairley - Her acting is fine ( not a big fan of Cat anyway) but she looks too old imo. yeah i'm that shallow! don't throw rocks at me
  • Gemma Whelan - It's like a totally different character compared with Asha. The actress is pretty darn cute though despite not looking like Asha.

The rest of the cast is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Emelia Clarke is at her best when speaking high Valerian, but mostly I am not impressed with her. She's ok.

Kit, as has been mentioned is fine. It's not him I have a problem with, it's the material he's given. He was much better when given something to do. His leadership role this last season began to show it, I think.

Lena as Cercei is something I try not to let my prejudices rule. I am not a huge fan of the direction the writers have taken Cersei and some of the choices they've made. As book Cersei, Lena is not a good fit. As show Cersei, I think she does a really good job and I enjoy her bitchiness and tinge of dark humor. Lena being extra bitchy or getting drunk and terrorizing young girls are highlights of the show.

Also not a huge fan of Dormer as Marjory (I know it's misspelled :p). Not sure why, but the age might be it, or perhaps the bigger role she's taken on as compared to the books. She is a good actress and I enjoy her, but ... I dunno. It's probably the writing and choices for Marj that is coloring my thinking.

So many, many good casting choices, but My fave is Jaime. Nikolaj delivers that mix of swagger, self-deprecating humor and regret that are essential to that character for me. Love, love him as Jaime.

Most of the people that I think are miscast are more of a case of the show changing things from the book that I don't think work as well. It's very hard to separate them from each other.

Liam plays a perfect Davos. Dillane almost was going to be Davos.

Tara is doing great as Selyse.

Riggs is entertaining as Oleena

bad

I do agree that Gethin's Renly was to much like a sterotype. I not the biggest Renly fan but in the book, he was more like a young Ric Flair(he charismatic and he style and profiling). The show made his relationship with Loras his most definding thing about him. The show made him fear blood, he was not scare of blood in the books.

^I'd never heard of that. I know Cunningham was wanted for a role in s1 (which some guess may have been Jorah) but I never heard that Dillane one.

Wow I like Cunningham, but that would have been some poor casting for Jorah. Glen nailed/nails it. Much more believable as a fighter than Cunny. Plus dat Davos beard!

If the characters hadn't been aged up and Dawson-cast, Natalie Dormer would be an excellent choice for Cersei, much better than for Margaery. Her Margaery feels like a mix between book!Cersei and book!Margaery.

Lena could be a good Catelyn (and she'd probably look better with an auburn shade than a blonde wig anyway).

Wow I like Cunningham, but that would have been some poor casting for Jorah. Glen nailed/nails it. Much more believable as a fighter than Cunny. Plus dat Davos beard!

Iain Glen is a poor casting for Jorah, too, if we're talking about the book character. TV Jorah feels like a very different character. A good casting for book!Jorah, with his physical description and personality, would be someone like a 20-years younger John Rhys-Davies.

Iain Glen is a poor casting for Jorah, too, if we're talking about the book character. TV Jorah feels like a very different character. A good casting for book!Jorah, with his physical description and personality, would be someone like a 20-years younger John Rhys-Davies.

Iain Glen does a fantastic job as TV! Jorah, but I totally agree that he is not Book! Jorah. The TV writers made their Jorah Mormont less pragmatic/asshole-ish and more noble white knight who has a few flaws. But, with that said, I do love the work Iain does and have come to appreciate TV! Jorah as much (if differently) as I love my Book! Jorah.

Emelia Clarke is at her best when speaking high Valerian, but mostly I am not impressed with her. She's ok.

Also not a huge fan of Dormer as Marjory (I know it's misspelled :P). Not sure why, but the age might be it, or perhaps the bigger role she's taken on as compared to the books. She is a good actress and I enjoy her, but ... I dunno. It's probably the writing and choices for Marj that is coloring my thinking.

I think when they have good material for Dany, season1 and season3 Emilia is good.

Dracarys season 3 she was almost a totally different character and it not all for just speaking Valyrian either, its delivery, expression and body language also.

The look Emilia give Kraznys after he has said in Valyrian "The bitch has her army." Emilia flung daggers at Dan Hildebrand. (By the by Hildebrand was one of the best bit actors they have used never had heard of him before.)

Emilia , seemed a different actress thu most all of Season 3.

I liked the change in Margaery Tyrell in the show, she was a dull character in the book. Natalie Dormer fits the upgraded Margaery to a T. Dormer has been around for a while but working mostly TV, an impressive actress, glad she has gotten better parts, only noticed she was on Elementary recently since I don't watch that show.

idk I think Lena Headey would do a great job as Book!Cersei if D&D wrote her more that way as Lena is strongest when she is fiery like Book!Cersei IMO

a big no to Natalie Dormer as Cersei though, she's such a one note actress IMO. she plays Margaery the same way she played Anne Boleyn on The Tudors

Archived