A Piece of Prince (BOOK SPOILERS)

ugashep

Does anybody think that Roose will give Catelyn a piece of Theon's skin before the Red Wedding as he does in the book? It could be a way to lull she and Robb further into his trust, as if Robb is noticing anyone but Talisa at this point. Roose could also maybe along the same lines tell them his bastard has captured Theon and learned that two common boys were burned and posed as Bran and Rickon. This would give them false hope and also potentially increase their faith, trust, and gratitude towards Bolton. Since they are going to die anyway it does not matter what he tells them as far as others knowing. I don't necessarily believe this, I just thought about it earlier. Considering how screwy the whole Bran and Rickon news has been to Robb and Catelyn on the show who knows, I wanted to see what everybody else thought.

I would like to them to keep the Red Wedding scene as close to the book as possible....although they already changed it with Talisa being there

We don't know if she is there for the wedding yet. Robb may send her off before the festivities.

Does anybody think that Roose will give Catelyn a piece of Theon's skin before the Red Wedding as he does in the book? It could be a way to lull she and Robb further into his trust, as if Robb is noticing anyone but Talisa at this point. Roose could also maybe along the same lines tell them his bastard has captured Theon and learned that two common boys were burned and posed as Bran and Rickon. This would give them false hope and also potentially increase their faith, trust, and gratitude towards Bolton. Since they are going to die anyway it does not matter what he tells them as far as others knowing. I don't necessarily believe this, I just thought about it earlier. Considering how screwy the whole Bran and Rickon news has been to Robb and Catelyn on the show who knows, I wanted to see what everybody else thought.

In the preview to Ep9 Catlyn says something along the lines that she wants Robb to make them know suffering. I think Roose will give them a piece of Theon's skin and tell them that Bran and Rickon are dead. Theon only confessed to Ramsay that he burned to butcher boys, and I seriously doubt that Ramsay would tell anyone about that. Ramsay has every reason to wish that everyone thinks that the Stark boys are dead.

In the preview to Ep9 Catlyn says something along the lines that she wants Robb to make them know suffering. I think Roose will give them a piece of Theon's skin and tell them that Bran and Rickon are dead. Theon only confessed to Ramsay that he burned to butcher boys, and I seriously doubt that Ramsay would tell anyone about that. Ramsay has every reason to wish that everyone thinks that the Stark boys are dead.

I agree Roose and Ramsay both want everyone to believe the Stark boys are dead, I don't know that Ramsay would keep it from Roose, Ramsay is constantly trying to prove himself to Roose and I giving his dad that key bit of intel would be one way of trying to do it. As far as Roose is concerned, why not tell Robb and Cat, they'll love and trust you for it, and they're dead anyway. I'm not saying it will happen it just would make sense show wise and I wonder if that's what they'll do.

I agree Roose and Ramsay both want everyone to believe the Stark boys are dead, I don't know that Ramsay would keep it from Roose, Ramsay is constantly trying to prove himself to Roose and I giving his dad that key bit of intel would be one way of trying to do it. As far as Roose is concerned, why not tell Robb and Cat, they'll love and trust you for it, and they're dead anyway. I'm not saying it will happen it just would make sense show wise and I wonder if that's what they'll do.

Because someone else can hear the news? not everyone in the RW dies, most of the nobles were taken prisoner, even if Roose tell Robb and Cat in private, you can never be sure they won't tell anyone

I don't care what he says, but I want the skin to be given and for Robb to be grossed out / angry about it!!

I just hope is not the last part Theon lost, if you know what I mean :ack:

Considering Cat isn't really dead, she can't know Bran and Rickon are alive.

Good point, it is more likely he will tell them Bran & Rickon are dead, actually it is most likely they won't deal with it at all.

I'm not so sure. If Ramsay's identity is revealed offscreen by Roose, Theon's whole arc would seem like a waste of time. I would prefer if Ramsay's identity and the reveal of who burned Winterfell come just before the massacre. And I don't know about Cat knowing that Bran and Rickon weren't killed by Theon. The reason why she goes insane after Robb's death is because she believes all her children, except Sansa, who's now married to the Lannisters, to be dead.

Well, if they are trying to keep it as close to the book as possible, then telling that bran adn rickon were still alive would change her dynamic when the shit hits the fan. If she knew that she still had two other sons left, i doubt she would throw her life away like she does, because IIRC they werent planning on killing Cat, just take her hostage. If she knows she still has 2 sons left then mayb she cuts her losses and goes quietly with the hope of seeing her other children again.

Archived