who would you want as your bodyguard?

tarquinbb

I feel like Brienne gets way underrated in these discussions. She's stronger than most of the men, she's well trained, she's smart, she's honorable, she's loyal, she's constantly underestimated, and she has a chip on her shoulder. I'd take her against almost anyone in a straight fight, and there would be little reason to doubt her loyalty.

I think she and the Mountain would make a good duo. The Mountain is more of a straight brute, but no one can match his pure strength. He's not exactly cunning, but he seems pretty loyal all the same. Brienne's more the strong right hand, The Mountain is the enforcer.

Areo Hotah and Barristan are good ones too. Strong Belwas gets some extra points for probably being a good drinking buddy. Bronn would too if he wasn't likely to kill me if someone paid him enough.

I'm a huge Baristan Selmy fan but as you say he is 63 and whilst I'd like to think he could slice through any attacker "like slicing a cake" I'm not entirley convinced he would be the best protector around.

I don't think Bronn is that overrated, he bested Vardis Egen without much difficulty. Vardis was captain of the guard suggesting he knew how to handle himself, despite massively underestimating Bronn's ability, it seems you are in danger of doing the same.

How about Meera Reed? Outside the box but she did a good job against Summer and would doubtless bring an interesting fighting style to any fight we got into.

The Sand Snakes. That way they could all group sex me and make me their bitch if they decided to get frisky sometime. Well, there's always fantasy, isn't there.

But that's incest! (Then again, this is ASoIaF, so incest is ok).

I'd definitely go for either Brienne or Sandor. Both can provide protection and counsel, if needed.

Barristan Selmy and Areo Hotah are the best guards... People whose loyalty can not be questioned. The best fighters however are the Clegane brothers. It's quite ironic how they're sigil is centered around some dogs and yet they're not to be trusted. Both of them were accepted into the kingsguard and not one of them recited an oath.

• 1 year later...

Archived