MLB 2013 II - I Shin-soo Choose You!

Lightning Lord

I find it interesting that Puig is only second in the final vote. It makes me wonder how much we hear about him is the result of the "media machine" and not truly fan interest. I thought he was a no-doubter when he was announced on the ballot, if only by virtue of how much I've heard about him in comparison to the other candidates. Yet he will most likely lose to Freeman, who while having a good year and that shouldn't be overlooked - it is still somewhat shocking to me. So is this backlash to the media hype of Puig? Is his fame not as ubiquitous as I thought it was? Are fans really not buying into the hype because of how short-lived it has been, and thus they feel he isn't deserving? Are Giants fans just voting in droves for the leader? lol

I think it could be that the Braves are more organized in regards to ballot box stuffing.

I think it could be that the Braves are more organized in regards to ballot box stuffing.

Which is really bizarre considering how disorganized and apathetic Braves fans can be.

Nice to see Freddie in the ASG but I too am suprised he beat out Puig. Going into the vote I figured Yasiel to be the runaway winner...he may still get in as an alternate, but that'll depend on the injury situation and Bochy's whims.

I do wish that there was a little more diversity in here these days, and I'm actually miserable that there are no more Cub fans. But perhaps we must conclude that they are actually capable of feeling shame after all?

I know how you feel. I miss Bones.

I find it interesting that Puig is only second in the final vote. It makes me wonder how much we hear about him is the result of the "media machine" and not truly fan interest. I thought he was a no-doubter when he was announced on the ballot, if only by virtue of how much I've heard about him in comparison to the other candidates. Yet he will most likely lose to Freeman, who while having a good year and that shouldn't be overlooked - it is still somewhat shocking to me. So is this backlash to the media hype of Puig? Is his fame not as ubiquitous as I thought it was? Are fans really not buying into the hype because of how short-lived it has been, and thus they feel he isn't deserving? Are Giants fans just voting in droves for the leader? lol

I think it probably has something to do with backlash over the media hype. I also think that the Puig push probably hurt A-Gon, who has better numbers than Freeman at the same position.

Pretty insane. Most of our backup backup's are hurt and Yanks still have a decent record. Too bad red sox don't lose.

Puig(he has to be mentioned at least once in all posts)

Hopefully they do something at the deadline. I hear the Phillies might be interested in dealing Michael Young and Carlos Ruiz and Joba Chamberlain's name has been connected.

Hughes always gets your hopes up with a few good starts then has like 4 horrid starts. Just too up and down for me. I think he'll be good in the National League, though.

That sounds about right. He needs to stop relying on his cutter so much. I hope they can turn him into something good.

Archived