Ran

Spoiler-free discussion of the show goes here, for those who want to discuss the episode without any reference to the books whatsoever or other spoiler material

This topic should open automatically around the start of airing.

I think that was a pretty badass episode. Tyrion threatening Joffrey was awesome

Sam finally stepped up a little bit, but why the hell did he not pick the dragonglass dagger back up?

Cersei being a sourpuss is hilarious

Side Note: on the sneak peek for next episode I feel like it done some for-shadowing about the whole Robb and Talissa deal. Which I don't know what happens but I think that she is no good.

Great episode though in my opinion.

I think that was a pretty badass episode. Tyrion threatening Joffrey was awesome

Sam finally stepped up a little bit, but why the hell did he not pick the dragonglass dagger back up?

Cersei being a sourpuss is hilarious

Side Note: on the sneak peek for next episode I feel like it done some for-shadowing about the whole Robb and Talissa deal. Which I don't know what happens but I think that she is no good.

Great episode though in my opinion.

In the book the dragonglass is destroyed when he kills the other. I assume it's the same for the show.

I thought the wedding was perfect! Just as awkward as it should be. Peter Dinklage did a great job of playing a drunk Tyrion, I loved his constant drunken babbling. When he said that he'd vomited on a girl once... :lol:

Sophie Turner was great as well. Even though Sansa didn't have as many lines as Tyrion, we could see how uncomfortable she was just through her facial expressions and body language. She was great.

I loved the scenes on Dragonstone, especially Stannis' talk with Davos in the dungeons. I had started to lose hope for Stannis after the last couple of episodes, but I think the scene with Davos redeemed him in the eyes of the viewers. He knew killing Gendry was wrong. That's why he went to Davos - so he can be his voice of reason. Also, Stephane Dillane and Liam Cunnigham are just perfect together! I hope we'll see them together again soon.

Sam the Slayer! :bowdown:

What a great way to end the episode! The only thing that could have made it better was Coldhands. Hopefully we'll see him by the end of this season.

I thought the wedding was perfect! Just as awkward as it should be. Peter Dinklage did a great job of playing a drunk Tyrion, I loved his constant drunken babbling. When he said that he'd vomited on a girl once... :lol:

Sophie Turner was great as well. Even though Sansa didn't have as many lines as Tyrion, we could see how uncomfortable she was just through her facial expressions and body language. She was great.

I loved the scenes on Dragonstone, especially Stannis' talk with Davos in the dungeons. I had started to lose hope for Stannis after the last couple of episodes, but I think the scene with Davos redeemed him in the eyes of the viewers. He knew killing Gendry was wrong. That's why he went to Davos - so he can be his voice of reason. Also, Stephane Dillane and Liam Cunnigham are just perfect together! I hope we'll see them together again soon.

What a great way to end the episode! The only thing that could have made it better was Coldhands. Hopefully we'll see him by the end of this season.

Who is Coldhands?

a spoiler in the no-spoiler thread

I like reading non-reader reactions much more than readers who are constantly whining about changes from the books, and it's disappointing that this thread from week to week has constant book references.

Obviously this weekly thread is not moderated.

I like reading non-reader reactions much more than readers who are constantly whining about changes from the books, and it's disappointing that this thread from week to week has constant book references.

Obviously this weekly thread is not moderated.

It's also sad that week-to-week this thread is like 2 pages long and half of it is book readers.

Speaking as a lagging-behind book reader, I'm almost to the end of the second book and thoroughly enjoying the more complex and deeper characters and story lines - I don't mind a few spoilers showing up here, because the books are so rich in description and complexity of personas that a few spoilers here and there are not going to ruin things for me.

My perception of the story is being back-filled in slowly, and the TV episodes are still full of surprises, and I really kind of like it that way. I have noticed the character of Tyrion has some notable differences in the two versions and I have to wonder where the TV show is going to take him now that they've changed him so much. Intriguing.

It's a shame we have to wait two weeks for the next episode on TV, but that will give me a great chance to catch up in book 3, so it's okay. I guess there's a bit of an advantage to having not read the books before HBO started showing the series.

I have a question. At the end when Sam stabs the white walker in the back, was it an obsidian blade? I couldn't make out if it was. I assume it was because they found the obsidian under an old stone marker last season. This led me to think that you need obsidian to kill the white walkers.

Edit to correct typo.

Edited by Duncan Disorderly

I have a question. At the end when Sam stabs the white walker in the back, was it an obsidian blade? I couldn't make out if it was. I assume it was because they found the obsidian under an old stone marker last season. This led me to think that you need obsidian to kill the white walkers.

Edit to correct typo.

Yes is was the obsidian, or "dragonglass" dagger that he found in season 2 while digging for poop. It was the same dagger he showed Gilly last episode

Yes is was the obsidian, or "dragonglass" dagger that he found in season 2 while digging for poop. It was the same dagger he showed Gilly last episode

Thank you kindly. Of course, now that you mention it, I remembered that he did show it to Gilly. At least my hunch was correct and it was what I thought it was.

Much appreciated.

you wrote pretty much what I wanted to, I couldn't have said it better myself... but I maybe would have omitted the lil spoiler at the end there, not that its much of one anyway

It's also sad that week-to-week this thread is like 2 pages long and half of it is book readers.

maybe even more than half sometimes