[Book & Episode 9 Spoilers] Episode 9 Trailer Content

mykelsss

Since Dany's so popular on the show, and given the fact she was absent in the last half of ASOS, the writers may push Mereen to next season

They almost certainly will. I mean, she hasn't even captured Yunkai yet.

I suspect the majority of Dany's arc in Season 4 will consist of her siege of Mereen, culminating with her capture of the city, though that approach may lead to an awful lot of padding

They almost certainly will. I mean, she hasn't even captured Yunkai yet.

I suspect the majority of Dany's arc in Season 4 will consist of her siege of Mereen, culminating with her capture of the city, though that approach may lead to an awful lot of padding

I think it's more likely that the first half of the season will be her capturing Mereen, and the last 5 will be the sons of the harpy, and maybe her marriage to Hizdahr being pushed forwards.

Possibly. I did note that one of the three coins that the TItan's Bastard used to decide who should sneak into her camp and kill Dany was "from Meereen". Plus we had a reference earlier in the series to "a Meereenese knot". So the place does exist in the TV version of Essos. Whether we see it or not, probbably have to wait until season 4.

There is also a reference to Mereen is season 2. Its when she first enters Quarth and is at a party that ZZD is throwing for her. An unnamed woman asks her if she has ever been to Mereen. I agree that we won't see it til season 4 and I think it will take her the entire season to conquer it or at least until episode 9.

I get the feeling KL won't be in next episode. There's nothing from KL in the preview nor in the recap. It might be the first episode in the entire show we KL and Tyrion are not seen. So it looks like the episode will include only:

-The Red Wedding, obviously, with some scenes of Robb planning his campaign to give false hope

-Arya and the Hound arriving at the Twins, with some tension building between them in the scenes before the RW

-Dany planning and taking Yunkai, with a battle scene where we see Jorah, Grey Worm and Daario fighting (Barristan will be left behind with Dany, apparently, hopefully telling her stuff about Rhaegar like in the book)

-Jon and the wildlings near Queenscrown, with a fight scene, apparently

-Bran & his gang in Queenscrown, with Bran warging Hodor

-Sam and Gilly meet Coldhands. They are not shown in the preview, but they appear in the recap, so they will probably be in the episode.

I don't think the Siege of Meereen could constitute Dany's entire Season 4 story arc unless it ends were ASoS ends with Dany sitting in the Great Pyramid, looking down upon the conquered cityscape and proclaiming that before she can rule Westeros, she must first learn to be a Queen.

As much as some fans love to lament the Meereen storyline, I think it is vital for Dany's overall character arc because how the HELL is Dany supposed to rule the Seven Kingdoms if she cannot first learn to rule a relatively small city-state? The disaster that becomes Astapor teaches her that she is still a naive girl and that being a good conqueror doesn't mean being a good ruler. She had to have this administrative training, experiencing the daily, often mundane aspects of governance to be a good Queen. Robert failed at this. Cersei failed at this. Dany means to succeed where they could not.

King's Landing also wasn't present in 1x2, and Tyrion wasn't in 1x7. And guess what? They were still great episodes. Another episode with no KL or Tyrion will be refreshing. His only book scene left at this point is Tywin telling him about the RW, which will probably be towards the start of 3x10.

Yep, Mereen is essential. Dany has to face some real adversity - many non-readers are already seeing this season as Dany playing the game of thrones in "easy mode". Everything is going well for her, she needs to be brought down a peg at some point - before she reaches her next triumphant moment.

Does anyone know what is happening at 0:29 in the promo? Those guys dancing around the fire? Looks weird

Promo:

I agree with what others have said on this, I think its some drunken brawl or some shenanigans. I found it very funny someone mentioned it though because I asked my friend about it and we both has a good laugh watching that weird little snip-it happening in slowmo shot by shot... it cools so weird and funny.

Dany and daario hand spooning, the shirtless men if theyre at the twins why would they take of their shirts? Do drunk ppl remove their shirts for no reason? Why is it only 32 second previews? How are we to dissect every second for the next week with so little to go on? Oh the humanity

the shirtless men if theyre at the twins why would they take of their shirts? Do drunk ppl remove their shirts for no reason?

Your second question made me laugh. Um, yes, that does happen.

And to wonder if an episode of HBO's series Game of Thrones may have people removing their clothes for no reason ... well, that question answers itself.

hahahaha

In my experience it's pretty much a universal constant that the first thing a drunken jackass does is remove his shirt. It doesn't matter if it's hot or cold, rainy or dry, or whether it's a small gathering or there are a ton of people around. If he's drunk enough, that shirt's comin' off.

Anyone know if there's an imgur album for this trailer like there was the last couple? I don't particularly feel like plunging into reddit today.

Archived