Best Overall King Regardless of Claim

Really?

Yes really she would be a great Queen along side Stannis. She would end the realms nonsense with her army of fanatics and with Stannis saving the realm from the darkness thousands would serve the one true god, the Lord of Light!

Yes really she would be a great Queen along side Stannis. She would end the realms nonsense with her army of fanatics and with Stannis saving the realm from the darkness thousands would serve the one true god, the Lord of Light!

She would have been the perfect match for Aerys.

And she would also probably start burning people as sacrifices if they have a lack of rain or a bad crop.

If we consider the fact that Robert's self-destructive depression only started after the Greyjoy Rebellion (since he was still in his prime during the conflict) then it's quite plausible that its onset was caused by realizing his (presumed) son and heir was a monster and his wife was insane enough to defend and support the kid.

Oh, I think we can blame Cersei for some of Robert's issues and misrule, but not whoring and drinking. That was his from the word go, imo.

Well, half the High Lords in the Westeros are unable to control their bannermen. Also, at the beginning of ASOIAF he was way too old and sick. As for Blackfish, it`s family. Tywin lost son and heir to Kingsguard, Ned a brother and great fighter to NW, and so on...

Yes and the better half did. Ned and Tywin kept their bannermen under control. Even during Robert's rebellion he did not control the Freys. I suppose it was a personal reason he lost the Blackfish.

I cant tell if your serious or not? :dunno:

I am very serious, if the Seven Kingdoms are to be saved Stannis must take the Iron Throne and destroy the Faith before they allow outlaw kings and queens from the east to invade with hordes of savages, sellswords and scoundrels. All the userpers must bend the knee or Mel and Stannis will annihilate them.

Oh, I think we can blame Cersei for some of Robert's issues and misrule, but not whoring and drinking. That was his from the word go, imo.

Fair enough, but whoring and drinking do not a bad king make.

Had he been happy, even if he continued whoring and drinking, I feel Robert wouldn't have allowed them to reach the self-destructive levels they did. He could have been a pretty decent king if his depression wasn't dictating every decision he was making.

Randyll Tarly

I don't like him as a person or father (I love the Sam!!), but I respect him tremendously for what he did in Maidenpool. We don't hear of many people rebuilding towns and getting them thriving again. His rigid stance against raping and stealing appeal to me too. I love how he forced the soldiers to rebuild the town instead of letting them drink, gamble,sleep around and basically get into trouble. Anarchy has reigned for too long and I think he would be a good choice to make things more stable for the small folks.

Yes and the better half did. Ned and Tywin kept their bannermen under control. Even during Robert's rebellion he did not control the Freys. I suppose it was a personal reason he lost the Blackfish.

What better half? Tywin had problems with Reynes, and Tarbecks, Tyrells with Florents, half of Arryn and Baratheon bannermen haven`t replied when they were summoned by their liege lords. Greyjoys are in mess. Ned kept his bannermen under control, but what happened to Robb?

Eddard. Rhaegar. Stannis. Daenerys is improving each day, she's gaining quite the experience and learns well from her mistakes. If she survives at least the next book without turning evil or mad, I'm pretty sure she can be a good regent queen.

I disagree with the choice of Davos, he's a great person and even when going dirty sometimes he remains truly honourable but he isn't a leader. He's more like an advisor.

What better half? Tywin had problems with Reynes, and Tarbecks, Tyrells with Florents, half of Arryn and Baratheon bannermen haven`t replied when they were summoned by their liege lords. Greyjoys are in mess. Ned kept his bannermen under control, but what happened to Robb?

Tywin did not have problems with his bannermen. That was Tytos, once Tywin was in charge he never had problems again. The Greyjoys may be a mess, but they kept control of the Iron Islands of all places. In the case of Robert he was young and had yet to exert his control over the Storm Lands, he had hardly been there as an adult. Renly has no trouble gaining their support and I imagine Robert would do the same. So not controlling your bannermen is a strike against you.

Tywin did not have problems with his bannermen. That was Tytos, once Tywin was in charge he never had problems again. The Greyjoys may be a mess, but they kept control of the Iron Islands of all places. In the case of Robert he was young and had yet to exert his control over the Storm Lands, he had hardly been there as an adult. Renly has no trouble gaining their support and I imagine Robert would do the same. So not controlling your bannermen is a strike against you.

That`s then problem of entire Westeros. You can`t control someone who doesn`t want to be controlled. Jon Arryn had the same ag, and half of his bannermen during Robert`s Rebellion were against him. Tyrells have dubious support from their bannermen. Greyjoys may have control over Iron Islands, but it`s still too chaotic. Was Robb bad King because he couldn`t have stopped Bolton? No, he was bad for another reasons. Iron fist means nothing. I don`t see how Tully bannerman were/are any different from any others.

Archived