Dark Eye - [ADwD Spoilers]

But it will not be blossoming by the time Victarion goes there.

I think it will be Tyrion and not Victarion that will find Dany in the Dothraki Sea, as for the sea not blossoming how do we know? Westeros is about to be hit by Winter, but there is no evidence that Essos is.

ETA: I stand corrected it does appear from Dany's last POV that Autumn is making it's presence in Esso and the grass is turning yellow. So you may be right, unless we have some type of bizarre weather anomoly or unless the grass changes from yellow to red before Essos winter.

I think it will be Tyrion and not Victarion that will find Dany in the Dothraki Sea, as for the sea not blossoming how do we know? Westeros is about to be hit by Winter, but there is no evidence that Essos is.

ETA: I stand corrected it does appear from Dany's last POV that Autumn is making it's presence in Esso and the grass is turning yellow. So you may be right, unless we have some type of bizarre weather anomoly or unless the grass changes from yellow to red before Essos winter.

Yes, that's interesting. The Dothraki Sea could turn red. But can we interpret Moqorro's vision another way?

"Have you seen these others in your fires?" he asked, warily.

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

Dany has very dangerous enemies among the Khals. Perhaps one of them is missing an eye? Har! I think the Dothraki travel in long lines as they migrate. Could this be considered ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood? I think her enemies among the Khals are the real and present danger at the moment rather than Euron or Victarion..

There are no trustworthy sources in asoiaf. Just people that fool others and people that fool themselves, while the best lies always contain some truths.

True, but Moqorro seems like a man with an obvious agenda and there is no reason for him to say anything truthful to the imp. On the contrary, I'd say he would be lying all the way to seven hells.

The ten long arms is a reference to the kraken, symbol of the Ironborn.

Yes I know. That's the significance to Victarion and Euron. But the Dothraki travel the grass sea in long lines, single file perhaps and depending on the size of the khalasar, they could go for miles and be described as ten long arms. This could be what Moqorro describes and a bit of misdirection on Moqorro's or GRRM's part. A sea of blood could be the color of autumn grass; or refer to blood in the wake of massacre or to blood riders. The clear and present danger to Dany at the conclusion of aDwD are the Khals or one dominant Khal.

I think I have to revise my guess about the identity of the Sun's Son. Dany always referred to Drogo as her sun and stars. Does Drogo have any bastard sons among the Khalasar? I think that's likely and this is the meaning of Mirri Maaz Duur's prophecy. She will see Drogo again in the face of his bastard son. .We're being misdirected again in thinking that the Sun's Son is Quentyn Martell or that danger is only coming to her from one direction.

I think we may also be assuming that the grass only blooms in the spring. That's never stated. A number of plants bloom in the autumn as opposed to the summer. Jorah also seems to indicate that the bloom occurs before the dry season. So perhaps even in the autumn we're about to get a bloom.

Indeed! That's what I'm thinking as well.

Sam wonders about the burnt offering he detects when he enters Marwyn's presence and sees the glass candle for the first time. It's a wonder that Marwyn hasn't already sent a maester to give Dany advice. But who has he been watching or with whom has be been communicating?

But Marwyn has already potentially sent someone to Dany, Mirri Maz Duur. She tells Dany she met Marwyn in Asshai when she's trying to convince Dany she can heal Khal Drogo.

..."a maester from the Sunset Lands opened a body for me and showed me all the secrets that hide beneath the skin."

Ser Jorah Mormont spoke up. "A maester?"

"Marwyn, he named himself," the woman replied in the Common Tongue. "From the sea. The Seven Lands, he said. Sunset Lands. Where men are iron and dragons rule. He taught me this speech,"

I feel like his choice of words 'where men are iron' could be significant if we're trying to prove he's linked to Euron or it could just be referencing knights I suppose.

But Marwyn has already potentially sent someone to Dany, Mirri Maz Duur. She tells Dany she met Marwyn in Asshai when she's trying to convince Dany she can heal Khal Drogo.

..."a maester from the Sunset Lands opened a body for me and showed me all the secrets that hide beneath the skin."

Ser Jorah Mormont spoke up. "A maester?"

"Marwyn, he named himself," the woman replied in the Common Tongue. "From the sea. The Seven Lands, he said. Sunset Lands. Where men are iron and dragons rule. He taught me this speech,"

I feel like his choice of words 'where men are iron' could be significant if we're trying to prove he's linked to Euron or it could just be referencing knights I suppose.

Oh, nice catch. It implies a few things; that they met when dragons occupied the iron throne and that Marwyn knew her language in order to teach her the common tongue. That he came from the sea and men are iron would imply an ironborn connection.

Marwyn is a rather shady character; someone who seems to be in the background on a number of fronts. There is also the Qyburn connection if we are talking about opening bodies. You would think that someone who is kicked out of the Citadel would take a take a dim view of everyone connected with that order. But Qyburn admires Marwyn who isn't afraid of exploring the dark mysteries. I wonder if they opened up bodies together. And what's Qyburn up to now?

I'd make Littlefinger another one of Marwyn's links in the chain. Tyrion recalls that there was a dwarf maester who served at the Fingers. When? After Petyr was sent home from Riverrun in need of a healer? Sam doesn't mention that Marwyn is a dwarf. What he does say is that Marwyn had the biggest hands he had ever seen. This can be characteristic of dwarfism; that the hands seem outsized in proportion to a smaller body. But if Marwyn was a dwarf; wouldn't Sam mention it? If Marwyn is adept in blood magic; can he hide that from Sam with a glamor?

Something tells me that Marwyn is fomenting chaos and playing the long game. The dark eye could refer to more than one person in different contexts.

ETA: We know that Littlefinger and Lyssa sent the letter to Catelyn in the first place. But who sent the Myrish lens for Luwin's telescope?

I didn't see Euron as evil so much as just another ambitious, ruthless player of the game. I think as readers our problem is that we try to put our morals on these characters. Medieval times were very brutal. Just to be able to survive during that age would be a feat in itself.

I didn't see Euron as evil so much as just another ambitious, ruthless player of the game. I think as readers our problem is that we try to put our morals on these characters. Medieval times were very brutal.

That's excactly what i believe.Medieval times had a different moral system(if they had any) from our times.Noone is only good or only bad in The Game Of Thrones.

That's excactly what i believe.Medieval times had a different moral system(if they had any) from our times.Noone is only good or only bad in The Game Of Thrones.

I didn't see Euron as evil so much as just another ambitious, ruthless player of the game. I think as readers our problem is that we try to put our morals on these characters. Medieval times were very brutal. Just to be able to survive during that age would be a feat in itself.

It implies Euron molested his own brothers thats sounds pretty bad to me.

You don't get much worse than that even in ASoIaF.

It implies Euron molested his own brothers thats sounds pretty bad to me.

You don't get much worse than that even in ASoIaF.

Molested his brothers?Ok he raped(or seduce) victarion wife.And there is a strong theory that he killed balon(always theory).

But:

1.Didn't Stannis(the just man) kill his own brother?

2.Didn't Cercei hated tyrion all across her life and wanted to see him dead.And she would kill him if she could.

3.Dany saw her own brother dying and do nothing.She was more relieved than sad.

I don't say that what Euron did is good but com'on.We are in the world of Game Of Thrones.Euron is just another very cunning and ambitious character(a very important and promising though).

I think it a lot more likely to be the far more powerful Bloodraven than the recently introduced and just previously prophesized Euron, (especially when considering the symbolism of darkness often involved in Mels fears and Bryndens preachings to Bran); However, something not spoken towards often enough is Eurons claim to having a 3 eyed crow dream exactly like Bran's, which I've always found striking odd combined with him being called the "crows eye" and keeping one of his eyes hidden, who knows, maybe they're in cahoots and its somehow a reference to both. But to me, when it says "Dark eye has fallen on her", that's a lot more of a reference to the one eyed wizard who constantly propagates darkness and has the ability physically to see every and anything throughout the world past and present via trees and animals vs. Euron who has the intentions of stealing Danys dragons, which Quentyn also tried

I think it a lot more likely to be the far more powerful Bloodraven than the recently introduced and just previously prophesized Euron, (especially when considering the symbolism of darkness often involved in Mels fears and Bryndens preachings to Bran); However, something not spoken towards often enough is Eurons claim to having a 3 eyed crow dream exactly like Bran's, which I've always found striking odd combined with him being called the "crows eye" and keeping one of his eyes hidden, who knows, maybe they're in cahoots and its somehow a reference to both. But to me, when it says "Dark eye has fallen on her", that's a lot more of a reference to the one eyed wizard who constantly propagates darkness and has the ability physically to see every and anything throughout the world past and present via trees and animals vs. Euron who has the intentions of stealing Danys dragons, which Quentyn also tried

It's an interesting theory. Care to expand on it a bit with some quotes?

So agree with this. I've more and more been coming to believe that Bloodraven is an evil entity, and that the dark eye isn't literally an actual eye that is dark, but the depiction of dark being in reference to motivation. Which, in Bloodraven's case hasn't been revealed yet. The dark eye seems a lot like the "who are Jon Snow's parents?" problem in that there are several potential options based on descriptions we've read. My own thought is that Euron doesn't have the best intentions, but that he is not the dark eye. But that's just me. I won't support anything that makes Euron a bigger focus because the Greyjoys all bother me. :smug:

Archived