Dark Eye - [ADwD Spoilers]

I think it a lot more likely to be the far more powerful Bloodraven than the recently introduced and just previously prophesized Euron, (especially when considering the symbolism of darkness often involved in Mels fears and Bryndens preachings to Bran); However, something not spoken towards often enough is Eurons claim to having a 3 eyed crow dream exactly like Bran's, which I've always found striking odd combined with him being called the "crows eye" and keeping one of his eyes hidden, who knows, maybe they're in cahoots and its somehow a reference to both. But to me, when it says "Dark eye has fallen on her", that's a lot more of a reference to the one eyed wizard who constantly propagates darkness and has the ability physically to see every and anything throughout the world past and present via trees and animals vs. Euron who has the intentions of stealing Danys dragons, which Quentyn also tried

I've wondered about it for a long time and gone down a few rabbit holes. There is more to Euron than meets the eye. His personal sigil could represent the 3EC with it's two crows and red eye; what or who is represented by the trio? Euron Crow's Eye, Bloodraven (LC of the NW and crow) and one other. Perhaps Marwyn a crow from the Citadel.

We don't have that much to go on except that he has Victarion on a leash and yanks his chain every so often. His speech at the king's moot about killing all the gods and unleashing chaos across the land is rather chilling.

But I too have noticed that bit about jumping or falling off a tall tower to see if one can fly. If he does have skinchanging ability and was tested by the 3EC it opens the possibility that Aeron's fear of him has something to do with Euron taking over Aeron not unlike Bran/Hodor of Varamyr rather than sexually abusing him. A frightening experience for those under that type of assault if Varamyr is anything to go by. I wonder if Euron is used the same way by the dark eye filled with malice. It does seem like another entity is present at the Kingsmoot and Euron with his laughing blue eye has gone away. If this accounts for his insanity as observed by others. And can we make a connection between King's Moot and Entmoot?

I think that Euron does have a dark eye as a result of injury falling from the cliffs. One pupil completely dilated rather than being born with parti-colored eyes. It requires him to wear a patch to keep the sun from blinding him. But he sometimes wears a red eye patch which could be a clue that the watcher from within with the red eye is present. Aeron says that he can feel the eye watching him through the patch. But why would Bloodraven want to kill all the gods?

Why would BR want to get his hands on a dragon or on Dany for that matter. I recall that Dany is confronted by Pyat Pree on her vision quest in the House of the Undying. Telling her that she has taken a wrong turn and to come with him, he would show her the way. When she refuses to take that door; the thing that is Pyat transforms into pale white worms not unlike the roots of the wierwood tree..

Molested his brothers?Ok he raped(or seduce) victarion wife.And there is a strong theory that he killed balon(always theory).

But:

1.Didn't Stannis(the just man) kill his own brother?

2.Didn't Cercei hated tyrion all across her life and wanted to see him dead.And she would kill him if she could.

3.Dany saw her own brother dying and do nothing.She was more relieved than sad.

I don't say that what Euron did is good but com'on.We are in the world of Game Of Thrones.Euron is just another very cunning and ambitious character(a very important and promising though).

The recurring memories and nightmares the Damphair has that he seems to associate with Euron, 1 of the big theories is that Euron molested Aeron.

The recurring memories and nightmares the Damphair has that he seems to associate with Euron, 1 of the big theories is that Euron molested Aeron.

Yes, I know. But taking over someone's body; skinchanging by force is a molestation, an invasion and a mindfrak. I think he was violated and completely powerless to stop it. It's the screaming and screeching of the doors as a metaphor of the mind forced open. Euron offers a similar, less violent experience to Victarion when he invites him to try shade of the evening. I think he says it will open his mind.

Yes, I know. But taking over someone's body; skinchanging by force is a molestation, an invasion and a mindfrak. I think he was violated and completely powerless to stop it. It's the screaming and screeching of the doors as a metaphor of the mind forced open. Euron offers a similar, less violent experience to Victarion when he invites him to try shade of the evening. I think he says it will open his mind.

I have just read your post at the top of the page real interesting theory definitely the first time i have heard it.

The way Six Skins tries to take over that spearwife was very bad almost worst than a physical molestation if Euron did try it with Aerion it would explain why Aerion is so afraid of him.

I am no sure if i believe Euron to be a skinchanger but it seemed like the 3EC wanted to make contact with him but for what ?

The scene where he offers the shade of the evening to Victorion was also very interesting if only Vic swallowed what might he have seen ? I thought that if Vic drank he may have seen The Dusky woman for what she really is ( Which i think is a Warlock)

The way Six Skins tries to take over that spearwife was very bad almost worst than a physical molestation if Euron did try it with Aerion it would explain why Aerion is so afraid of him.

I've never taken seriously the idea that Euron hired a Faceless Man to kill Balon, as Euron has dozens, possibly hundreds, of scumbag cutthroats at his beck and call in his fleet, so no need to give the FM a dragon's egg or whatever to kill his brother.

And now, with this idea that Euron is likely to be a skinchanger, there's no doubt in my mind at all. It would be easy-peasy for a malevolent skinchanger to make someone fall from a wooden bridge just by taking them over for a few seconds, freaking them out and having them fall to their death. A skinchanger’s spirit would indeed have no face, and the drowned crow with seaweed is an apt symbol for Euron.

I am no sure if i believe Euron to be a skinchanger but it seemed like the 3EC wanted to make contact with him but for what ?

3EC would apparently have been hunting for pupils to wed to the trees for many years now, watching various bloodlines unfold over time. My guess is that Euron was examined for aptitude and found wanting in some important regard (probably psychopathy), so 3EC moved on to the next promising candidate.

3EC would apparently have been hunting for pupils to wed to the trees for many years now, watching various bloodlines unfold over time. My guess is that Euron was examined for aptitude and found wanting in some important regard (probably psychopathy), so 3EC moved on to the next promising candidate.

I don't know that the 3EC is morally or ethically in the right or that he wouldn't make some use out of Euron as something other than a greenseer. Bran was always promised according to Leaf. I see Euron as another kind of instrument.

• 3 weeks later...

I've changed my position on Marwyn, I think he has long been deliberately set up as a seedy character; he consorted with maaz and taught hr the ways of the body, he was the only maester open to the idea of ghosts when Qyburn inquired, he keeps company with whores and thieves and degenerates and he has sailed and scene all the sights there are to see and learned all the things there are to learn. And of course the Glass Candles. But this is Martin's common character misdirection.

Obviously he has some bones to pick with the goats of the citidel about their notion of protecting the realm (the end of Targs, Dragons, Magic) BUT that does not mean he is not a true Maester loyal to his vowels, serving the realm in his own way because he's the only one who'll do it.

Remember how quickly he decided upon his course of action upon hearing Sam's report? He sprang off toot sweet, as if he was on a rush to protect her from the dangers coming her way, not to lead them.

I believe the the relighting of the Glass Candles has awakened a force that only he knows about, The Dark Eye, perhaps a being trapped in the Doom of Valeryia or whereever else and is using Euron as his Cats Paw, perhaps he has possessed Euron himself

I think Marwyn knows of the Dark Eye and is its sworn enemy and he is rushing to Mereen to train Dany to fight it... but I suspect he'll actually find Tyrion there and Tyrion will begin a journey of amassing powers.

Although Tyrion's one Dark Eye makes me believe that he will be tempted by this enemy, perhaps even becoming its ultimate champion.

Archived