18 replies to this topic

#1 Lyanna Stark-Baratheon

Lyanna Stark-Baratheon

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Will we ever go to Casterly Rock in detail like we have in Winterfell, The Erie, The Red Keep, etc. The only details we know is that is that is the highest, or one of the highest holdfast in the seven kingdoms that once belongs to house Casterly. Ans also the pits where Jaime had his dream of Brienne. I just want to know about the Rock. Maybe in tWoW or aDoS Tyrion or Cersei will go back home and give us some in site.

#2 Fire Eater

Fire Eater

Ghost Haunting Valyria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

GRRM said we will see CR

#3 Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

We already heard about how wonderful the pipes and sewage ran

#4 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yep. I can't wait until we can inspect those pipes and sewers more closely... after Daenerys's dragons utterly destroy the rest of Casterly Rock, that is.

#5 Ser Bronn's Mullet

Ser Bronn's Mullet

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I believe Casterly Rock and Highgarden are the only two regional seats we haven't visited yet. I also wonder if we'll visit any more Free Cities.

#6 The Wolf In Winterfell

The Wolf In Winterfell

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Well isn't Edmure Tully being held as a hostage at Casterly Rock? And Jaime mentions that Roslin Frey will be sent to the Rock once she gives birth. Maybe we'll get an Edmure POV or maybe Jaime will go to the rock in the next book?

#7 BaseBornBastard

BaseBornBastard

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yes 'tis true we will see Casterly Rock........the only question is, through whose POV will we see it?

#8 Lyanna Stark-Baratheon

Lyanna Stark-Baratheon

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

I believe Casterly Rock and Highgarden are the only two regional seats we haven't visited yet. I also wonder if we'll visit any more Free Cities.

I would love to read more about Valyria(before the Doom) and Lys for some reason. Varys background really interest me.

Well isn't Edmure Tully being held as a hostage at Casterly Rock? And Jaime mentions that Roslin Frey will be sent to the Rock once she gives birth. Maybe we'll get an Edmure POV or maybe Jaime will go to the rock in the next book?

Eww I hope not Edmure. I can't stand lol. But yes he is at the Rock. Maybe he can somehow redeem himself while he is there.

Yes 'tis true we will see Casterly Rock........the only question is, through whose POV will we see it?

Jaime needs to go back to the Rock, already there is so many mix emotions he has about that place.

#9 BaseBornBastard

BaseBornBastard

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Jaime needs to go back to the Rock, already there is so many mix emotions he has about that place.

Maybe, I don't think he'll be going there any time soon though if Lady Stoneheart has anything to say about it. Cersai may also be our eyes at the Rock if she wins her trial by combat. Though I don't see her leaving KL by choice and Kevan aint around anymore to make it happen......

#10 Tobin

Tobin

My Honor to Serve

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

can see it here.

#11 TalalOfDorne

TalalOfDorne

Prince Of Pyke And Lord Reaper Of Sunspear

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

Martin said we will see both CR and Highgarden.

#12 IRON BANK

IRON BANK

Words true as Gold

• Members
  • 2,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:25 AM

Martin has stated in the upcoming books we will see the rock in detail

#13 Qhorin Fivehands

Qhorin Fivehands

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Yeah I reckon we'll see Casterly Rock through Cersei's eyes after KL gets to hot for her and she flees home.

#14 MasterJack

MasterJack

Sansa = LF 2.0

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

If Dany is bold enough to sail east to get in Westeros and lands at CR, we might see it throught Tyrion's eyes or Dany's.

#15 winwolf

winwolf

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Ye i expect we will see it through cersei's eyes after the trial of combat / or maybe if we have a new king very fast:)

#16 stu1987

stu1987

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

I think Cersei is the best bet for a CR point of view. Or maybe Tyrion. It would be nice to 'see' it but I don't see how it could be important. I'd rather visit Asshai or maybe Isle of Faces /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#17 WildBlood

WildBlood

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hightower also

#18 Sammabam

Sammabam

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yeah Daenerys is gonna light that rock up,dragon style.

#19 Faint

Faint

Council Member

• Members
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hightower also

Actually, we have seen Hightower via Sam's point-of-view in A Feast for Crows, but in any case, Hightower is not the regional seat of the Reach. That would be Highgarden.