Source Code Advice

I've never really worked with Source code/HTML/wikitext, and the few times I do I struggle with it a lot before I'm satisfied. In my last semester of college I've been working on the AbaratWiki as a final project. It needed major improvement. I think I've done pretty good so far, but I'd like to make it look a bit like the home page for A Wiki of Ice and Fire. I have a content box but its pretty generic I think.

I'm hoping there's some fans of that series who know their way around editing a wiki. I've used formats inspired by how the awoiaf site does the character layouts so far. My project and school is over, but I love the Abarat books enough to continue.

Any tips are welcome. (I have also have an Abarat blog about the wiki for any interested fans.)

Well beforehand, it would be good if you could check some other recent threads in this board about creating/developing a wiki, plenty of advices there ;).I'

Right now, I'm with a considerable workload but just a quick advice, get rid of most of the categories in the main page (not deleting but actually unlinking them from the main page).

Your main page is linked to 4 categories, 3 of them shouldn't be linked to it as there's no connection.

Book, Characters, Sea of Izabella, and Islands.

Only characters doesn't lead to separate page. So unlink those four?

Book, Characters, Sea of Izabella, and Islands.

Only characters doesn't lead to separate page. So unlink those four?

Beforehand you should start a chain of categories to organize things properly. The Category:Browser would be a good "Alpha" category. So yeah unlink the other 3 from the main page but remember not to leave them as orphans and categories should also be categorized.

• 1 month later...

Beforehand you should start a chain of categories to organize things properly. The Category:Browser would be a good "Alpha" category. So yeah unlink the other 3 from the main page but remember not to leave them as orphans and categories should also be categorized.

Perchance is there some good videos you could recommend for Wikia or wikis in general? YouTube had some things but only basics. I'm still getting used to special pages and category pages. Basically any page that has the word and : like the one you mentioned.

Archived