Who will be the 3rd Husband of Daenerys Targaryen

Noble Brutus

Three betrayals, three marriages? Coincidence?

The prophecy could be interpreted as three mounts = three lovers/paramours, but even then, lovers do not equal husbands. I think the 'mounts' (regardless of how the prophecy is understood) are defined by their symbolical importance and/or significance in Dany's life. IMO, Daario plays a more important role than Hizdahr. If Daario then, is one of the 'mounts', and Hizdahr isn't, the theory that mounts = husbands is already disproven. Also, three betrayals, does not mean that Dany will know only three betrayals - She'll know plenty of small betrayals, and three BIG ones, that's how I understand it.

That said, I believe that the interpretation that three mounts = husbands/paramour/lovers, is much too narrow. But regardless of the prophecy, I think it's practically a given - unless she dies - that Dany will marry again.

I'm weary about the whole "bride of fire" thing.

she sees three visions, Viserys, Rhaegar and Rhaego as a grown man and then she is called "daughter of death". none of these men are her father but they did play important roles in Dany's growth as a character so in a way you could see them as fatherly figures to Dany and their deaths are important milestones in Dany's life, taking her from weak willed princess to a bloodthirsty dragon queen.

the slayer of lies seems much more straight forward, Dany will reveal the cloth dragon, blue eyed king and the stone beast as false ideas. the cloth dragon(Aegon) being a false Targaryen, the blue eyed king(Stannis?) being the false heir to the throne or false azor ahai(which ever you choose) and the stone beast being...I don't know yet. These three could also be Dany's ultimate enemies when she reaches Westeros.

seeing as the first two can be pretty vague, I don't think that the bride of fire visions are actually about her future husbands. Her silver near a stream could be connected to Drogo because of her wedding night but a vision of Drogo's horse would have been much more straight forward. the corpse on the ship and the blue flower will be men of future importance, they might be love interests or maybe not. hell they might be men Dany will eventually kill. She already killed Drogo and burned his body. The corpse on the ship is Victarion who has fallen in love with the idea of Dany, plus he has a volcano hand. As for the blue flower...I can't think of anyone but Jon at this point. I'm hoping it's someone else. I think the third "husband" will also be the betrayal for love.

Off topic...but hey. I once thought that Daughter of Death, Child of Three, Slayer of Lies, and Bride of Fire, actually didn't apply to Dany. I don't have the book, so I can't re-read the passage...Daughter of death, can be explained. Salyer of Lies...somewhat too, Bride of Fire, makes sense...Child of Three? I haven't seen one explanation that seems logical.

IMO - though like I said, I'd really like to have the book so I could read back on it - is that of all of these people, Dany is only the Mother of Dragons.

Daughter of Death = Arya - she's already been called something along that line..plus, Uncat ;)

Bride of Fire = Melisandre - no need to explain, right?

Slayer of Lies = Tyrion - I honestly don't think he bought the Aegon plot.

Child of Three = Jon - Eddard, Lyanna, Rhaegar

So, a question for you all who have the book...is it made, really really obvious that all these 'titles' are connected to Dany, and to what Dany sees?

• 9 months later...

I think she may lead Victarion on to get his ships but won't follow through. I would put my money on Aegon (if he doesn't marry Arianne first).

I don't think he will marry Arianne because Griff won't let him. In the last chapter of the DwD Connigton said to the half-maester that Aegon should be free to marry Daenerys, if she's to return to Westeros. If he marries Arianne a second dance with the dragons wouldn't avoidable.

LOL at the denial

She would marry Victarion only if she lost like 50 IQ points. He's not even all that handsome - Euron is said to be the best looking of the brothers. And as for Euron, he's the dread she was prophecied to encounter, imo. He's been built up as a dangerous madman. Something has to come out of it.

Thank you ive been thinking that euron would be the one to dread for a while now and your the first person ive seen post about it good stuff.

• 7 months later...

Can people here stop talking how Dany is smart and Vic is stupid? He is a warrior with Iron Fleet at this back, man who can get her to Westeros, fight of every enemy on the way there, also,why give her a choice? He can stop dragons at this point and take Dany if he wins the battle for Mereen; People assume she will chose, she made a lot of mistakes up to this point, a lot, more than one could have killed her if people didn't jump in to save her, many of those decisions killed people near her...I'm not saying Vic is a genious ,I'm saying he can do his job of getting her back to Westeros and wining battle for Mereen. So I'm going for Vic here

"A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness." You can of course belive whatever you wish to believe, but I think we've got a clear indication they will meet.

As for people who think you can be dumb and badass at the same time ... I've got a different view of what baddass is than you. Let's say that the Blackfish, the Red Viper or the Hound are badass, imo. Victarion wants to be badass, but he fails miserably. He's a brute, but there's nothing "cool" about him.

ETA: As for Vic being afraid of kinslaying ... who said he should have killed Euron? He could have just beaten him bloody or something.

Old post but the thread was bumped anyway....

I don't think Victarion could have controlled his rage if he started beating on Euron. Killing the salt wife upset him, and I think that - and the lack of a rock wife since - hint that he had feelings for her, of some kind. He's not the smartest, but he's probably smart enough to know that if he'd started punching Euron then he wouldn't stop until he was dead.

Well we're all debating in support of the "vision" of the Undying, which is about "three mounts", and as we saw Dany may marry anybody (for political reasons) and bang (mount) another dude (for immature teenager girl dreams). Wouldn't it be great that everybody wants to marry her, and she refuses until she has a "political need".

Besides, speaking of direct future and "political need", isn't she going to be fund by Kahl Jhaqo ? There you have it, as long as she's got the "valyrian blood", and the possibility to birth the "stalion that mounts the world", you have proximity, political need, and I guess interest to fulfill prophecies : Kahl Jhaqo next husband of Dany !

Can people here stop talking how Dany is smart and Vic is stupid? He is a warrior with Iron Fleet at this back, man who can get her to Westeros, fight of every enemy on the way there, also,why give her a choice? He can stop dragons at this point and take Dany if he wins the battle for Mereen; People assume she will chose, she made a lot of mistakes up to this point, a lot, more than one could have killed her if people didn't jump in to save her, many of those decisions killed people near her...I'm not saying Vic is a genious ,I'm saying he can do his job of getting her back to Westeros and wining battle for Mereen. So I'm going for Vic here

If Vic wins the battle for mereen, that will be supporting Dany and he'll be plowing through the Volantene fleet and relieving the siege by the yinkish. So let's say he somehow beats not only the yinkish and the volantenes but successfully defeats danys force of 30000+ with his few thousand men and puts himself down as ruler of mereen. Even in this scenario, How on earth will he "take" her? she's in the dothraki sea right now. If anyone is going to put her in chains it's one of them.

I thought your scenario was possible at the end of AFFC but now it really seems incredibly unlikely given the relative sizes and positions of the forces we are talking about. Also the fact that Dany isn't even there.

If Vic wins the battle for mereen, that will be supporting Dany and he'll be plowing through the Volantene fleet and relieving the siege by the yinkish. So let's say he somehow beats not only the yinkish and the volantenes but successfully defeats danys force of 30000+ with his few thousand men and puts himself down as ruler of mereen. Even in this scenario, How on earth will he "take" her? she's in the dothraki sea right now. If anyone is going to put her in chains it's one of them.

I thought your scenario was possible at the end of AFFC but now it really seems incredibly unlikely given the relative sizes and positions of the forces we are talking about. Also the fact that Dany isn't even there.

First of all, if he attcks from the sea, Mereen would join up with him and Sir Barristan would probably order his troops to go out and fight, they can win together,so thats that.About Dany not being there,well if we know something about Dany thats the fact she loves her "children" she will probably come back to Mereen, and she will be welcomed by two guys who defended her city,one of them being Vic.Ofcourse it can play out in 10 different ways but we are here talking about what could happen, none of us knows as a fact whats coming next,so we are just suggesting,I just finished ADwD yesterday so everything is still cooking in my head xD. We also know a big amount of that 30.000 are not even warriors,just slaves,he would have surprise on his side and as I said,Sir Barristan. Imagine Dany coming back and hearing how this guy helped them defend the city and is now offering to take her back to Westeros,even if she refuses he will probably be offered to stay in city for some time so there is his chance to take her. Big chunk of 30.000 is weak or dead from disease,big number would also turn against their own masters and so on...

Archived