Is Jon Connington Gay?

thecryptile

I also wonder how much of this friendship was legit on both sides and how much was JonCon just tagging along. Like, was JonCon the Peter Pettigrew of the Rhaegar, Arthur and Myles clique?

I'm not so sure that JonCon was hanger-on, I mean, out of all the people in Rhaegar's bro circle he was chosen to be the King's hand.

I also wonder how much of this friendship was legit on both sides and how much was JonCon just tagging along. Like, was JonCon the Peter Pettigrew of the Rhaegar, Arthur and Myles clique?

Peter Pettigrew was much weaker than the others, but he was still a brother to them. They loved him and would have died for him. All four of them were immensely close and that is why the betrayal was so shocking.

Jon Connington seemed like a rising star himself. He was a very capable warrior, decent general and had become Hand very young. He maybe would have been commander of the Golden Company too. Hard to say how close he was to Rhaegar's inner circle, but Rhaegar seemed confident to leave him in charge of crushing the rebellion.

Come on, this is a World of Badass, so even its Peter Pettigrew is gonna be pretty badass.

Perhaps becoming Aerys' Hand actually made Rhaegar suspicious? After all, JonCon had ambitions. Even if he was really acting as a mole, Rhaegar probably was a little wary of JonCon saying the wrong thing to his daddy. You never know.

Who knows maybe Rhaegar was a little like Oberyn Martell the dragon that flew both ways.

:lol:

Wait... are you saying those dragons in Skyrim were not bugged? Just... misunderstood? Maybe that's how they attracted dragons of the same sex.

Ah, come now. It's quite obvious Theon Greyjoy is the Peter Pettigrew of the series.

The man is still alive, which makes the title a bit odd. :cool4:

Was thecryptile confused about the use of present and past tense? Yes.

I guess I was thinking of him as already dead, because of his greyscale. It was also pretty late, lol.

On a serious note, please, no more homosexuals=child molesters. Most pedophiles are straight and this thread isn't about pedophilia.

That's mean.

(but I forgive you because I actually liked the Marauders: I like them more than the whole Harry plot).

ETA: does even matter he was gay or not? Maybe is because I have a lousy gaydar but people's sexual orientation is so irrelevant for me.

Shit just got fucked up here I wrap up this thread like this. JonCon is gay and Rhaegar never had physical relationship. He is only trying to help Aegon get the IT and he hated Elia.

I dont remember all the quotes but can we say for sure it was never mutual?

LMAO! Right?

Obviously Rhae-man did not include JonCon in all their marauding. He seemed to be quite a bit on the outs of things. Its like he was completely oblivious to what was really going on with why Harrenhal tourney even happened on a lot of levels.

Yep now ASOIAF is Harry Potter, and Jon got named hand because he was a tag along. And of course it was Tyrion who refered to Jon as his Dead friend. Tyrion also refers to him as the Prince's dearest friend, Aegon says they were Squires together, and Rhaegar spent two weeks at the Roost with Con. "Rhaegar's friend and companion." They once spent time on top of the roost alone looking out over the beautiful scenery. He played his harp for Jon. Jon attended him at KL, why Jon Snow may even be named after him. His bright prince, his Silver prince. According to Slemy Rhaegar had his secrets, hmmmmm. That Rhaegar trusted Arthur Dayne the sword of the morning. Hmmmmm sword of the morning? Sword, symbolism, mornings, guys. Hmmmmm, intresting. According to Kevan Lannister Rhaegar had a "gaggle" of young lordlings around him.

Now if I recall Rhaegar surrounded himself with a group of men who refused to have sex with women. The KG I believe, sometimes known as the Queens guard. Maybe this was why Rhaegar was always depressed, he didn't want to be around the women, and was forced to continue the line. Why I believe he even took two dudes with him on his honeymoon in Dorne. Rumor has it that he used to play it's raining men on his harp while the KG performed a dance number. It all makes sense now. Rhaegar, Jon and Arthur a love triangle.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2t58CRmbU

ETA: does even matter he was gay or not? Maybe is because I have a lousy gaydar but people's sexual orientation is so irrelevant for me.

Plot wise it probably won't matter. He seems to be in full blown "When the sun has set no candle can replace it"-mode, so it seems unlikely that he'll get involved with anyone anytime soon. As it stands, it's just a bit of back story which (at least to me) makes his chapters a bit more tragic (especially seeing that he's most likely being duped).

I dont remember all the quotes but can we say for sure it was never mutual?

Yes. If the vibe his chapters give off isn't enough to convince you, then GRRM stating it outright should. "Unrequited love" = "not mutual".

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to say this post is great.

Oh god, I didn't get ANY of the JonCon-is-gay stuff at first and now I am so depressed that Rhaegar never loved him back. :crying: And now he'll die of greyscale without ever having known love and happiness :bawl:

On the other hand, both continents seem to be full to the rafters of people who once had the hots for Rhaegar so maybe he met someone else crying in their beer and got laid that way...

Archived