#1 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hello!

I'm very sorry if this has been discussed before.

This subject came in to my mind while reading Angry Lettuce's thread named "GRRM's mysteries".
I recalled all the disturbing things in the series, and then I remembered this one.
I actually posted this to Angry Lettuce's topic too, but I thought that this might deserve an own thread.
I personally find this very fascinating.

So, it is known, that Sandor and Gregor Clegane likely had a little sister. According to AWOIAF (a Wiki of Ice and Fire) she died "young under queer circumstances".
Could it be, that Gregor killed her, and maybe abused her too? As we all know, it's not an impossibility, when we are talking about Gregor.
Could this be one reason, why Sandor is so murderous and bloodthirsty towards his brother? Besides of that you-played-with-my-toy-and-now-I-must-burn-your-face-thing, of course.

If she wasn't killed by his brother, then who/what killed her, and why she was killed?
Of course she could have been killed by some kind of disease or an accident, but it just doesn't seem so probable.

So, what is your point of view or opinion to this case?
Is the unknown Clegane-girl just a little thing, or could she have a bigger role in this tale?

Thanks for your replies beforehand!

(This is my first thread by the way... /blushing.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blushing:' /> )

#2 Naathi Prince

Naathi Prince

Perfect Score, Game of Thrones quizzo.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I always thought it was pretty clear that Gregor had killed her, probably over something trivial, like with Sandor.

#3 Ser Greg of House House

Ser Greg of House House

Also known as Ser Greg the Healer, Lord of Plainsboro Teaching H

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

She survived. She is Brienne.

/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Seriously, though. It could be. But I don't like this kind of speculation, it sounds like fanfiction.

She could have died from some random disease. Hell, maybe she had a heart attack, was attacked by a snake, killed herself. Who knows? Gregor is just one possibility.

What is the point in discussing this? It's not like we'll have any more clues other than our own imaginations...

#4 Stannis Eats No Peaches

Stannis Eats No Peaches

Compulsive Editor

• Members
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Wait, Sandor and Gregor are brothers?

#5 DavosSeaworthy

DavosSeaworthy

Captain on the frozen sea ice, carries a big stick.

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

It's Gregor, he probably raped her several times then smashed her face in while wear his gauntlets. Gregor, Joffery, and Ramsey are just straight up evil sociopaths. I know GRRM says no one is "evil" and they are shades of grey, but these three are just terrible. I guess the one quality that Gregor has is that he follows orders well.

#6 DavosSeaworthy

DavosSeaworthy

Captain on the frozen sea ice, carries a big stick.

• Members
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

I forget who started that thread about them being brothers, I think it was Jamie Lannister, but it was by far one of the best comedy threads ever!

#7 Ser Greg of House House

Ser Greg of House House

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

ps. if we're going to imagine things, and for the sake of characters being grey, I would find it way more interesting if it was the other way around... Gregor was tender towards his sister and Sandor abused her to relief the tension of being abused himself by his brother (though I don't see Sandor abusing her sexually or really violently, just a bully, you know)

#8 Ser Greg of House House

Ser Greg of House House

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

I once stated that I didn't know Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister. Then I proceeded to show my repulsion about the suddenly realized incest.

It was hilarious.

#9 Corvo Attano

Corvo Attano

Les Voyages de l'âme

• Members
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

ps. if we're going to imagine things, and for the sake of characters being grey, I would find it way more interesting if it was the other way around... Gregor was tender towards his sister and Sandor abused her to relief the tension of being abused himself by his brother (though I don't see Sandor abusing her sexually or really violently, just a bully, you know)

Gregor being tender towards someone.. thats the funniest joke ive ever heard

#10 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Well the point is the same as in other "what if" threads. It's nice to think about these things, especially when I believe, that we are going to hear about this later in the books.

Yes, Sandor could also be the bad guy, it doesn't always have to be Gregor... Well actually he does, but these are just theories. I actually forgot to add that to my OP. /drunk.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drunk:' />

By the way, I think this is getting locked if we are continuing to make these detailed descriptions of her possible rape, so if you mind...

#11 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

/lmao.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lmao:' />

#12 Ser Greg of House House

Ser Greg of House House

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

As I said, characters are grey. Why couldn't Gregor, the darkest of characters, have tender feelings towards someone? It's actually a cliché...

#13 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

As I said, characters are grey. Why couldn't Gregor, the darkest of characters, have tender feelings towards someone? It's actually a cliché...

Maybe Gregor's sister was the only one he actually really cared about. Then Sandor abused and killed her and Gregor decided to avenge it by burning his face...
Wow, this is pretty crackpot.

Edited by Lady of Castamere, 26 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#14 unSonofStannis

unSonofStannis

Heretic wannabe

• Members
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yeah always thought Gregor killed her, she was probably playing with his princess doll.

#15 Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Yeah always thought Gregor killed her, she was probably playing with his princess doll.

/agree.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':agree:' />

#16 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

/rofl2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />

#17 SerStinger

SerStinger

The Kingslayer

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I only hope people don't add her to Jon's possible mothers.

#18 Penguin king

Penguin king

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

It's pretty heavily implied that Gregor killed her, his father and two of his wives, and that servants regularly disapear in the clagane family keep. I don't really think she has any role to play in the story other than to show how much of a murderous psychotic Gregor can be.

#19 Leap

Leap

la araņa disco

• Members
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

I once stated that I didn't know Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister. Then I proceeded to show my repulsion about the suddenly realized incest.

It was hilarious.

Desperate, much?

Also, prettying everything people do on this forum is imagine stuff or hypothesise. In that way, this idea about Gregor killing his little sister is no different to R+L=J, just with less textual references because its not central to the plot. No need to bash him for trying to expand out understanding of ASoIaF...

#20 Lady of Castamere

Lady of Castamere

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I only hope people don't add her to Jon's possible mothers.

Hmmmm, could it be? /idea.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idea:' />

Yes it could be that she really doesn't have so big role at the very end, but it's at least too iffy, that there isn't so much information about the whole house of Clegane.
I mean, we don't even know that kennelmaster's name who saved Tytos Lannister, do we?
It's so weird... it's pretty huge thing after all!