Winds of winter progress in GRRM interview in Chile

geogus

Hi guys.

Im brazilian, and I just read in the site of one of the most important newspapers in Brazil (O Globo) the transcription of a very interisting interview GRRM made for Chilean newspeaper ( O mercurio)

Here is the link, in portuguese: http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/george-r-martin-tenho-ideias-para-outros-cinquenta-romances-8488293

GRRM said very interisting things IMO.

About TWOW, GRRM when asked about the progress, he repeated that " he cant make any predcitions ant that it will be done when its done".

After that, however, he said it wont be ready this year, but hes working and maybe he will finish it next year.

I liked this quote a lot.

As most of U know, he recently said that he has "a quarter" done from TWOW.

Well, we are in may, amost june, half 2013 past.

Altough half a year is passed and that he "only has a quarter" done, he still seems very confident he will finish it next year.

Besides that, GRRM confirmed that he is currently wrinting Arya´s chaper.

I think that maybe we can have some hope we will read the books next year.

I really hope it comes put next year. If it does then I think it'll be out Winter next year.

Thanks for the update geogus!

I agree. I always knew that it would come out before 2016, and I hope to the Old Gods that it comes out next year.

Hi guys.

Im brazilian, and I just read in the site of one of the most important newspapers in Brazil (O Globo) the transcription of a very interisting interview GRRM made for Chilean newspeaper ( O mercurio)

Here is the link, in portuguese: http://oglobo.globo....omances-8488293

GRRM said very interisting things IMO.

About TWOW, GRRM when asked about the progress, he repeated that " he cant make any predcitions ant that it will be done when its done".

After that, however, he said it wont be ready this year, but hes working and maybe he will finish it next year.

I liked this quote a lot.

As most of U know, he recently said that he has "a quarter" done from TWOW.

Well, we are in may, amost june, half 2013 past.

Altough half a year is passed and that he "only has a quarter" done, he still seems very confident he will finish it next year.

Besides that, GRRM confirmed that he is currently wrinting Arya´s chaper.

I think that maybe we can have some hope we will read the books next year.

Um, its taken him two years to get a quarter done. Math would suggest he isn't going to get it done next year, even before you consider the precedent of the last two books (and that most of that material is just stuff cut from ADWD). Which he confidently stated would be smaller book than ASOS, not two books and would only take a few years....not eleven years.

I'd take it with just a pinch of salt....

I am not a Portuguese speaker but what I read is that its not gonna be finished this year and it may NO be ready to the next one neither.

That's not a negation.

"Definitivamente não estará pronto este ano,

talvez no próximo."

It definitely won't be done/ready this year, maybe next (year).

Well, this is something he's been saying all along - 3.5 years from Dance's publication until Winds' completion.

Given GRRM's track record with giving dates I am still not very optimistic. However, I checked out the original interview in Spanish and he said that it might be next year, but still doesn't promise anything. For those interested, this is the translation for the question concerning WOW:

Reporter: I imagine that you already hate this question but, how is the sixth book of the series "The winds of Winter" coming along?

GRRM: I am not going to make any predictions. Am working on it, and am making progresses, but it is a big book. It definitely won't be ready for this year, maybe I'll publish it the next one. But for me, this is one step at a time, I try to focus on small things like finishing a chapter or a page. The book will be finished when it is finished.

I don't now about you guys, but even with his comment about next year am not feeling the optimism.

Archived