Drawk's Back To Crisis Mode

drawkcabi

EDITED 2/17/16:

Shit hit the fan.

EDITED 6/13/14:

I changed the title of this thread because I'm not feeling in crisis mode anymore as was the case in the OP and then subsequent ones, but currently I'm still having frustrating situations up the wazoo, and there's no better way to relieve some of my stress than by annoying you all, my good friends, with this crap :P

(oh, and the reason I put "figurative" in parentheses in the thread title...well I looked at it and I thought better play it safe, I didn't want to get some of you with fetishes excited :P:P )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, yeah...this has been one shitty ass month for me.

Ummm, the family car is on its last legs I think. Can't afford a new one. I don't even drive, never have, too difficult due to health issues.

Took the dogs to the vet for the annual visits. Nothing of high level concerns but the one dog may be developing bladder stones again and the other one may have Cushing's disease, need further tests and $$$ to find out for sure, and worrying about keeping them in good health.

Then the real shit started happening. 3 weeks ago noticed a wet spot on the carpet in the bathroom (lady who had this house before me wanted carpet throughout). Hoping it was a minor pipe leaking under the floor. Turned out to be the hot water heater busted and leaking.

It's kept in my dad's closet in the master bedroom. Because my dad's closet is stuffed with clothes/shoes/junk from 20 years ago and longer, my dad wears the same few items of clothes every day - the leak wasn't discovered until it soaked the entire closet and ran under the wall to the bathroom. Closet floor is ruined, so is the bathroom's and it even ran through to part of the master bedroom. Has to all be replaced, even some of the walls.

Servepro was here and it took about 2 weeks to completely dry everything, which is the first step. My house now looks like a hoarders house after pulling out all the furniture and stuff from the master bedroom. They brought these big fans in and a dehumidifier to dry the room. It made the room unbearably hot and worse with the weather getting hotter. My dad sleeps in the master bedroom and I can tell it's made him really uncomfortable and really depressed. He's 85 years old.

So, one of the days when one of the Servepro workers came to check the status of the drying out, my mom answered the door to let the him. She fell down and broke 2 bones in her arm, including the bone in her wrist. She's been in a cast for 2 weeks now and will need to be for another 4 weeks. My mom is 70 years old.

Also, the broken arm is her right one, so she needs help to do everything. From making meals to going to the bathroom to pulling the lever up or down in her recliner which she practically lives in. She also has a huge umbilical hernia (had it for 30 years) and a hiatal hernia which causes her to throw up pretty much anytime she drinks or eats unless she gets a burp out.

My dad is in more pain than ever from trying to do some of the helping out, bringing my mom things, helping her out of her chair when he's up and I'm asleep. Now his back is in serious pain so he's close to being pretty much laid up.

I've got this therapist I go to to talk to. He always makes me feel better. He's such a great guy and I consider him a good friend. One of the people I trust most in real life, someone I can depend on and lean on in times of high stress, depression, and anxiety. I look up to him. Today I learned he no longer works at the mental health clinic I go to. I Googled his name to find out if he retired or moved somewhere else.

I found this regarding him:

A therapist at a community health clinic in Salisbury has been charged with making unwanted sexual advances on a patient.

Court documents show [therapist] was charged this week with two counts of second-degree assault, two counts of fourth-degree sex offense and indecent exposure.

The Daily Times of Salisbury reports that the female patient told police he grabbed and hugged her after a therapy session in February.

Court documents show he asked the woman to expose her breasts, and when she declined, he exposed himself. Earlier, the woman said he slapped and grabbed her buttocks as she left an appointment.

WHAT THE HOLY FUCK UNIVERSE?!!!!

If this thread is inappropriate, I apologize, I'm just having a real bad time of it here.

For everything you have my sympathy. But I wanted to comment specifically on your therapist - just to say that his (alleged) inappropriate behavior towards others shouldn't color the relationship and you and he had. Of course the exception being if you think he may have acted inappropriately towards you as well.

Jesus. I wish I had something useful to contribute, but in lieu of that I'll just say good luck.

Yeah, best thing I can think of is noting the mental health resources from awhile back are in the link of my sig.

Also, Drawk, if you need to chat feel free to PM me.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

All you can do is keep pushing. I am sorry you have so much shite to deal with and wish I could make it better. I'm sending as much good karma your way as I can.

Take care, Drawk.

Isn't it amazing how something like a few thousand dollars would be enough to take most of this stress away? I hate our society.

Good luck Draw. Hang in there, try to stay sane.

Thanks everyone, really needed this, the rant, the well wishes, the good karma...just thank you so much.

Some of the lighter side of the shitstorm this month that makes me kinda laugh when I think about it:

So, my dad has one of those Hovearound motorized chairs because of his back and neck and severe arthritis and such. When we had the leak, we put the chair in our shed.

Then my mom breaks her arm. My mom mentions to my dad she might need the chair. Next thing I know my dad is out, and it's raining no less, he's in an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt and stained underwear riding the chair from the shed out back and parking it out front and was ready to leave it there - did I mention it was raining? Motorized chair?

Somehow with my dad being 90% deaf and prone to confusion he thought my mom wanted it there.

I go get the chair and get it back in the shed. I then go to plug it in to charge it. The power cord breaks apart as I reach over to the plug. I look at it and it looks like its been chewed through.

We recently had a problem with mice - this was in March-April. We caught one mouse, then we caught another. Apparently these mice were male and female, because then we had a whole mess of babies. So tiny they could eat the peanut butter from the traps and not set them off a lot of the time. But I caught them all eventually. 7 tiny tiny mice. My heart broke with each catch. I didn't want to hurt those mice, damn it they were babies!!! But what was I going to do? Trap them and set them free to find their way to someone else's house or back to mine? Or have even worse deaths being out in the wild and being so small and unprotected? But maybe I accumulated bad karma for those mice and getting paid back for it now :dunno:

Anyway, back to the chair, I see the chewed cord and I think mice, then I look around the shed and notice the droppings. Their pellets, too big for mice. I talked in other threads about all rabbits we have around here, and I've seen them take refuge under the shed.

What'd I do to the rabbits?!! It had to be them for those size droppings. I complained about them because my dogs wouldn't stop eating their poop when they found it, but I never did anything to them. Ugh.

Isn't it amazing how something like a few thousand dollars would be enough to take most of this stress away? I hate our society.

Good luck Draw. Hang in there, try to stay sane.

Very true, thanks Relic. Luckily we've got homeowner's insurance, health insurance/medicare, even pet insurance, but it's a whole lot of hassle and I know it's going to be a rough ride, having to pay for some of the stuff out of my pocket first and then get reimbursed, and lots and lots of red tape getting the amounts I need to cover everything.

And the car is a headache I don't want to think about, but have to...

I ate rabbit once in my life, when I was a kid. My uncle caught it in his backyard and my aunt cooked it. Tasted like chicken, but I don't think I want to have it again.

I can't eat duck anymore because I love the little guys so much that come around so enthusiastic and tame for feedings every morning and evening. Rabbits can be pests, but they're cute and fun to watch. I don't even mind them eating the wild strawberries that grow in my yard. Just stay out of the shed!

I ate rabbit once in my life, when I was a kid. My uncle caught it in his backyard and my aunt cooked it. Tasted like chicken, but I don't think I want to have it again.

I can't eat duck anymore because I love the little guys so much that come around so enthusiastic and tame for feedings every morning and evening. Rabbits can be pests, but they're cute and fun to watch. I don't even mind them eating the wild strawberries that grow in my yard. Just stay out of the shed!

If ducks and rabbits had the chance, they'd eat you.

Food for thought, to go with some duck and rabbit. ;-)

Archived