Drawk's Back To Crisis Mode

drawkcabi

Holy crap Drawk, I don't envy you one bit. When it rains, it really pours in your case.

I have just three tips to give you:

1) Try not to worry too much about money. Tears of Lys' idea of getting people to sort out your stuff and sell it is great. When it comes to choosing between health and money, always choose health. Take care of yourself first and foremost, then your wallet.

2) Ask for help! Friends, other family, board members living nearby (?), anyone you can think of. Just having someone extra around a few times a week would be a tremendous improvement.

3) Try to laugh at the whole mess! When life serves you nothing but shite, you have to eat it or die. Might as well smile while you do it.

Good luck and hope you get well soon! :grouphug:

I'm home now. Doctor's diagnosis - I have an abscess in my leg, a pretty big one. I need to talk to a surgeon and will probably need to cut my leg open (again) to remove it. After surgery I will most likely be put on a negative pressure vacuum again to facilitate healing.

The discharges I'm experiencing is actually from periphery sores on my leg agitated by the abscess.

The doctor also gave me a tetanus shot and a script for antibiotics to clear up the periphery sores, I have a referral now, on Monday I need to make an appointment with the surgeon.

Thank you so much for the comments and support from everybody! :grouphug:

The comments about my bed, everyone is pretty much right. It just went from "Oh shit, we're having a flood, move this shit over here for now." "for now" was only meant to be a couple hours that went to a couple days, that went to a couple weeks, and now a couple months and I've been sleeping in a chair all that time.

I just need to get my bed back (even if it's a crappy bed to begin with) and that's a priority now. I don't know if I could take the hit financially if I just went on a throw everything away rampage. See it's not just my bed, it's my room/office store room, which was nicely organized but is now a mess spread out everywhere. Anyway, once I'm actually cleaning, it's not much more of chore to separate "save" from "junk". It's also my work and I just got sidetracked for a while, I plan on getting back to my job once I'm over all...this. I won't feel like I've wasted so much time and effort and money if everything is there when I've started selling again.

My priority is to get my bed back and enough organized space in the area to use it.

Oh yeah, just before I left for the doctor, my neighbor Joanie, I've talked about her before, I'm going out the door and she's coming in and she let's the dog out. Luckily we got him back quickly and I was right on time for my appointment.

Joanie has dementia, most likely Alzheimer's, and lives by herself. We've talked with her daughter and thought we've come to an understanding, but today should never have happened.

While I was gone Joanie came over to my house to tell my mom that either her daughter turned off her phone (if her phone was with her) or her daughter had taken her phone (if her phone wasn't with her).

Looking at the phone my mom figured the battery died or something causing it not to powerup and charge while plugged in. But my mom shouldn't have to deal with this, her arm is out of her cast but it's still tender and healing and she's worried about me now, she doesn't need the extra stress!

When I came home, Joanie came over about 5 more times. Each time either her phone wasn't working or her daughter had taken her phone. Oh, and she just let's herself in our house. each time it was like she was coming over for the first time, I swear I half expected her to say "I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you." :bang:

Anyway we called her daughter 5 times, each time only getting the answering service. We said if we don't hear from her tonight we are calling 911. Joanie should not be living by herself with her only connection to the outside world a cell phone that she loses easily and is now broken. WTF?

• 3 months later...

I'm just gonna tack this onto my thread. I'm not really in crisis mode now, more shock/shame mode.

I just fell through the bathroom floor. Well my left leg did all the way up to the knee. I was stuck in there pretty good. Had to call 911. I was braced up against the bathroom door and they had to break it down. Then they had to drill/chop the floor all around my leg to get it unstuck enough so I could pull it out. By then I had no circulation and my leg was completely numb.

They got me out though. My leg is all scratched up but no broken bones.

Why am I posting this? I know I don't need more embarrassment, but I need...decompression.

This was the bathroom floor thay we had a handyman fix 2-3 years ago because it was weak in a different spot, he fixed it by making the weak spot stronger and weakening another point in the floor, the one I eventually ended up falling through tonight.

We kept putting off getting it fixed because of all the other shit going on...see OP. Insurance adjuster still giving us the run around for the other damage, car is in worse condition, yadda, yadda, yadda.

But yeah, I'm a fat ass too, so if shamers got to shame, go to it, I probably deserve it. I've been fat all my life and any successful change I make I can't permanently adapt to for more than a year or 2 at the most.

I keep making plans and goals to pull myself out of these messes, but I (now literally) keep falling in more.

Wtf drawk! What kind of two bit handyman can't fix a floor? Strip it down to plywood and joists, replace both as needed by visual inspection! I don't care how much you weigh, if you are ambulatory THE FLOOR SHOULDN'T COLLAPSE!

Sounds like you were stuck pretty good though. Wait... Bathroom... Embarrassing... Were you fully clothed? You sly dog!

Wtf drawk! What kind of two bit handyman can't fix a floor? Strip it down to plywood and joists, replace both as needed by visual inspection! I don't care how much you weigh, if you are ambulatory THE FLOOR SHOULDN'T COLLAPSE!

Sounds like you were stuck pretty good though. Wait... Bathroom... Embarrassing... Were you fully clothed? You sly dog!

Not a stich Jax, not a stich. :eek: :blushing: :ack:

And we figured out pretty much soon after he did the job, the handyman was a shortcut kind of worker, it was on the list to take care of, just too much to do and not getting anywhere with any resolution on any of the top priority shit...and I end up falling through the floor.

ETA:

What the handyman ended up doing was sawing the joists where the original weak spot was, reinforcing that area, then not securing the remaining parts of the joists to the reinforced area, creating an new weak area. :tantrum:

Life has a habit of dogpiling crap on people who're already down. I am glad that there are no major damage to your leg, that you're over all ok. *hugs*

Oh, sweetheart. :frown5: Take some extra good vibes. :grouphug:

Thank you both! :grouphug:

And it was also not an issue where I kept standing on the weak spot. Once I knew it was weak and we had to get someone out to fix the floor...again, I actively avoided stepping there.

It was just one of those times when I stumbled a little and I needed to take an extra step to regain balance, reflexes work faster than brain and when I realize where I'm standing, I try to move my weight off it but before I can - CRACK! SMASH! WHOOSH! and before I can think "Oh shit!" - I'm stuck in the floor.

ETA:

Now I imagine myself at that moment holding up a little sign that says "goodbye!" and waving to the camera.

Look on the bright side, mate. At least, seeing as how you were in the buff, you didn't fall a foot or two further through the floor.

That might have added a degree of extra injury to insult.

Archived