Most Emotional Moments.

jongtu

Manderly speech 'The North Remembers'

“ My son Wendel came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.[14]

- Wyman to Davos Seaworth

Arya's Reaction to the Red wedding

Tower of Joy sequence

Can't really add anything. The Manderly speech is great, Lyanna Mormont's letter to Stannis, the deaths of Lady and Grey Wind, and ah man, Ghost reuniting with Jon. Totally lost it. I'm gonna break down and cry for like five hours if Arya and Nymeria ever reunite. Hell, the imagined future moments in my head are even more emotional than what has actually happened. If Davos and Manderly succeed in getting Rickon back in the lord's chair at Winterfell, I might just close the book, stop reading, and pretend it ends there before everything goes to shit again.

"Egg? Egg, I dreamed that I was old" - Maester Aemon

That quote really touched me and felt real as someone who has a younger brother that I'm pretty close with, and was very close with growing up.

One line that really got to me was Qhorin's man saying "Leave me as many arrows as you can spare, brothers." The weight of it still has me in awe.

On the other end of the spectrum was Manderly's "Smuggle me back my liege lord, and I will take Stannis Baratheon as my king." It gave hope and excitement and I just put the book down and said What a fantastic sentence!

When Jaime went into the bear pit to save Brienne

When Jon was stabbed, I was so upset I blanked it from my mind and then was equally shocked again on my first reread.

And, oh, the poor animals - Grey Wind, Lady, and Joff and his horrible treatment of cats!

• 7 months later...

So many poignant moments to pick from....

I was moved by the Riverland funeral (Hoster Tully) pyre incident , where Edmure tries repeatedly to land his lit arrow while Blackfish and Cat look on. Each miss stressing Cat.

Finally a pissed Blackfish grabs the bow and does the job himself just before Hoster's pyre reaches the bend.

For tragic ....Nymeria/Arya finding Cat on the River bank, just so fuckd.

For "hungry",

3 came to mind quickly.

1. Manderly's "The North Remember

2. Nymeria mangling pissant Joffs arm

3. Dany recieving the Unsullied and Drogon roasting their old commander.

So many more sad, tragic, etc. but many already posted previous.

• 1 month later...

"If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you across all seven hells." I lost it after that

Would you mind elaborating on why this was emotional for you? I 100% agree and find it to be an extremely emotional moment and one of the better quotes in the series, I was just curious why you also found it particularly emotional.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever been more emotionally involved in a chapter of a book than I was during the Mountain vs the Viper duel. I still contend it's the greatest chapter so far, despite the dissapointing ending. To go from incredibly nervous to thrilled to utterly devastated in the course of several pages was something I had never experienced before in a book. What an emotional rollercoaster.

Archived