Ghost will be Nissa Nissa

Willster328

If John Snow indeed is somehow reborn through his blood and whatever flames Melissandre has for him (R+L=J theory apply), and he needs to forge Lightbringer, that the idea of "Nissa Nissa" isn't necessarily a normal sacrifice, or even a woman specifically, but the thing you're attached to most. Some of my friends and I believe that John may have to use Ghost as the sacrifice to create the Lightbringer out of Longclaw.

If John Snow indeed is somehow reborn through his blood and whatever flames Melissandre has for him (R+L=J theory apply), and he needs to forge Lightbringer, that the idea of "Nissa Nissa" isn't necessarily a normal sacrifice, or even a woman specifically, but the thing you're attached to most. Some of my friends and I believe that John may have to use Ghost as the sacrifice to create the Lightbringer out of Longclaw.

I hate to admit it, but this actually makes sense. Also, just a small correction, his named is spelled Jon, not John.

It makes sense. Dog lovers hate this theory, and scramble to find someone else --anyone else-- to play the role of Nissa Nissa the same way most men used to scramble for any excuse to deny Theon's castration.

I hate dogs and I still hate this theory.

I hate dogs and I still hate this theory.

Hate it because you don't like how it makes you feel? Or hate it because it doesnt make sense?

To me it makes the most sense out of everything. The concept of creating Lightbringer was that Azor Ahai needed to sacrifice something that was closest to him and move on to the next chapter in his life as someone else.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

Hey, all it says is that a warrior shall draw a sword from the fire and whoever clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again. Doesn't say they have to wield it. :)

Jon, to whomever tries to tell him a Nissa sacrifice is required:

"You're an ass. Now let's go defeat these zombies the human way, by winning because we deserve to win, and not by doing an impression of the mindless heartless foe! If you want me to perform a Nissa sacrifice, then you'll first have to perform one on me, because I'm standing in your way and I'm not doing this as long as I'm alive. After you Nissa me, then you can take my cold dead hand and put a knife into it and quicky, before rigormortis sets in, you can raise my dead arm and have it stab someone while you pretend it's me doing it. But until then, this Nissa thing is a no go. Are we clear?"

"But it's the only way to save humanity?"

"You just heard me save humanity a second ago. Weren't you listening?"

That's how any Nissa scenario will likely play out. The Mel / Stannis community of people who believe in superstitions and magic will perhaps push their prophecies onto Jon. But Jon will push back.

Hate it because you don't like how it makes you feel? Or hate it because it doesnt make sense?

Because it doesn't make sense. He's not in love with Ghost. I'm not even sold on the assumption that Jon is AAR.

Archived