Let's make a list of lords who actually care about the smallfolk.

Sansa_Stark

Because we forget such things. And speaking of Daynes, wouldn't Ned Dayne care about the smallfolk just by association of the glory days of BWB?

Ned ( Edric ) Dayne would be a good candidate w.r.t association & his story about the milk mother does point that he has no particular 'distaste' or superiority complex over the Small folk

Not a lord, but I think Jaime deserves a mention - part of his reason for killing Aerys was the prevention of Aerys burning down KL/killing the entire population of the city.

While I admire what Jaime did .. I believe he did it not particularly for the small folk .. but because he saw absolutely no sense in it & the fact that it would have harmed him , his family & the residents . The pre -capture Jaime was his own guy with some sense of strict personal code ( not necessarily a moral code ) ... and I think he was merely thinking of his stance when he assassinated the King.

If he was so indignant with what Aerys was about to do to innocents .. I think we would have seen a berserk Jaime Lannister cutting down Aerys when the Brandons & Rickards et all were killed .

He's a decent guy in my books .. purely for his character conflicts .. but to state that he is a small-folk lover imho .. would be seperating Jaime from what he is.

It's pretty small so this topic might be kind of short.

-Doran Martell cares about his Dornishmen for sure. I think Oberyn did too, if Ellaria Sand's comment about Oberyn not wanting mass bloodshed in revenge is true.

-Edmure Tully ("My people, they were afraid")

-Jon Connington does

-Ned Stark(I think)

-Stannis Baratheon

-Daenerys Targaryen

List is depressingly small.

We cant add sansa since she was never in possition to actually matters, in our heads we are all great lords with great honor, but when the time comes to do the real thing, it is always more difficult.

Dany; it is more, "Be on my side or I ll destroy you all without exception" case

Ned: he decided to kill the Mountain to protect the smallfolk, but in truth it was only a challenge to Tywin, after Jaime tried to kill him and he thought that Tyrion tried to kill his son. The smallfolks protection was just a good opportunity, but seing how everyone in the North loves him, he was good with them for sure.

Jon: Care for everyone.

Edmure: Big Heart, no wits

JonCon: we dont know enough.

Stannis: When he refused to attack Claw Isle.

Doran: full of love.

BwB: #1 in the realm... when Beric was the leader, now they suck.

Mance Rayder: #2 in the realm

Varys and LF: really vague, both prevented some battles and some wars but caused others...

Let's not forget about Wyman Manderly, the biggest badass in Westeros. He is risking his life to help revive a family and a cause that is pretty much extinct. He is working for the betterment of the entire North, and if he fails his whole family and all of his subjects are surely dead and flayed. Manderly's pretty damn noble in my book.

Let's not forget about Wyman Manderly, the biggest badass in Westeros. He is risking his life to help revive a family and a cause that is pretty much extinct. He is working for the betterment of the entire North, and if he fails his whole family and all of his subjects are surely dead and flayed. Manderly's pretty damn noble in my book.

Killing people and feeding them to their relatives says he is not.

Add Stannis to the list, possibly Margaery, Jaime and even Balon, but in a bad way.

Yeah but he is not exactly what the OP was about. The Smallfolk don't give half a shit who rules the North as long as there is peace.

and Randyll Tarly perhaps? His judgements in Maidenpool made me kinda like him

I wouldn't say he cared about the common people, but like Stannis was about justice and harsh, but just when he held court. I certainly would rather live under him than rapist like the Umbars.

I have literally no context for saying this so bear with me. I think that Howland Reed cares for his people enough to keep the crannogmen well hidden and out of direct conflict during the ongoing war.

That's because Robb charged him with defending the Neck. I'm pretty sure he'd have sent his full army if Robb asked him to.

Archived