I'd wager Bobby B was the greatest of his time, in his youth

The Frosted King

Even when he was older he only hit her in the face when Jaime was long gone and probably not coming back for a while. I think it is too much of a coincidence that the one time he strikers her face, Jaime is not around to do anything about it.

I don't think it's that much of a coincidence when you consider the number of times he hit her. The Mya one and the gown one are confirmed and Cersei said it was rare. Were there more confirmed hits, my memory escapes me?

Jorah and Mallister. Look at it this way- who else besides Robert do we hear about getting major kills during the rebellion? now look at how much more we know about RR.no doubt. but just cause the change over the last 10 years was more drastic doesnt mean that there was no change for the first 5 years.

Ned and Lyn get big kills during the rebellion. Selmy, does not get any big kills, but is supposed to be brilliant as was Yohn. Crusing Greyjoy was pretty much done once Stannis destroyed the Iron Fleet. That seemed to be the deciding battle.

At the end of the day there is no evidence about how much Robert changed before the Balon rebellion. We might as well leave things there.

Where it said they both took wounds. But was Rhaegar the only one to wound him?

"You took a wound from Rhaegar," Ned reminded him. "So when the Targaryen host broke and ran, you gave the pursuit into my hands. The remnants of Rhaegar's army fled back to King's Landing.

phone is stupid so I couldnt quote the last part. Still dont know how Selmy and the rest would fare so that still wouldnt matter. And dont forget that Robert fought while wounded at the Stoney Sept and got to KL in time to be presented with Aegons corpse.

Stoney Sept seems a while before the Trident and even though being able to travel does not mean you have recovered from your wounds.

I don't think it's that much of a coincidence when you consider the number of times he hit her. The Mya one and the gown one are confirmed and Cersei said it was rare. Were there more confirmed hits, my memory escapes me?

Those are the two confirmed ones, but Cersei says it happens at least one other time and from her description their marriage was a melee.

` I don't think Big Rob was scared of anyone. I know he embarrassed Jaime at the Tourney of the Hand with a helluva push.

Could Jaime have killed fat Robert; most likely. But I'm sure Robert would have relished the challenge.

Robert would neigh unbeatable in chaos but in a situation where it's a one on one with peace all around,I'd say people like Arthur,Selmy and Jaime could beat him assuming they get through plate armor with their swords.

Those are the two confirmed ones, but Cersei says it happens at least one other time and from her description their marriage was a melee.

We'll have to agree to disagree. That, to me, is not enough to make me think. With Robert being that good I doubt he feared anyone. Not to say he couldn't be beaten by another elite fighter, I just think he avoided trouble with Cersei for other reasons.

Ned and Lyn get big kills during the rebellion. Selmy, does not get any big kills, but is supposed to be brilliant as was Yohn. Crusing Greyjoy was pretty much done once Stannis destroyed the Iron Fleet. That seemed to be the deciding battle.

At the end of the day there is no evidence about how much Robert changed before the Balon rebellion. We might as well leave things there.

"You took a wound from Rhaegar," Ned reminded him. "So when the Targaryen host broke and ran, you gave the pursuit into my hands. The remnants of Rhaegar's army fled back to King's Landing.

Stoney Sept seems a while before the Trident and even though being able to travel does not mean you have recovered from your wounds.

Right on. At the very least that indicates Rhaegar dealt the worst injury. There were possibly others still, but Rhaegar should get some credit.

Robert had the potential to be #1 in the realm (he was only 19 during his rebellion) since 2-3older man might have been better (Dayne, Selmy, Randyll Tarly (0 text evidence, just imagine him as a badass)) but became a fat looser drunkar king wihtout growing any better as warrior.

Robert had the single greatest moment a warrior has ever had in Westeros.

He won the realm, war, and bested his rival all in one powerful strike.

All hail!

This. Talk about the most epic moment that can never be beat.

Beating your rival in single combat over the woman you loved to essentially win the war. What a badass. I fucking love this guy. He turned out to be a bit of a mess but he was funny till the very end. I'll never tire of reading the first 3/4 of AGoT or watching the first 6 1/2 episodes of GoT.

So many badasses during that rebellion. Ned, Jon, Hoster. All of them deserve credit. I'd love a prologue to ASoIaF.

Archived