Ghost's fate?! *spoilers*

I know his has been discussed but the search option isn't working and I wanted to know your opinions.

The last of ghost we know is that he's locked in Jon's room when Jon calls for him. Assuming that Jon warns into him ( my guess and many others ) where does it go from there? Wouldn't the people who were behind his stabbing want ghost dead as well? Just like Grey Wind didn't stand a chance, I don't see why those responsible would let Ghost live.

If he's locked up in Jon's room and Jon wargs into him, how odes he get out? Does someone ( Melisandre )release him? I'm really thrown for a loop here. Especially being that I'm convinced he wargs into Ghost.

Please give me something!!

It's only four people stabbing him,So those still more or less loyal to him will take care of those guys(I'm actually sure that Sylese(Stannis's Wife) paid the attackers or promised to free them from the wall.).

I'm in the Jon's not dead camp, I do think he'll spend a lot of time warged into Ghost during his rehabilitation though. I am guessing the other Warg might release him. They haven't conversed directly and so we don't really know anything about him, we know Jon didn't like the look of his boar but upon passing the wall he actually called Jon Brother. Since then I've had a sneaking suspicion that he's a lot friendlier than Jon's internal monologue has us thinking. I'm going with He (sorry have forgotten his name) protects Ghost, free's him to do some throat ripping etc. My idea is that the wildlings loyal NW etc deal with the 4 would be assassins, either through killing them or putting them in the ice cells for Jon to deal with once he's well. Then the Wildlings healers (who must exist, to assume they know nothing of wound care etc is just stupid.) take him to his quarters and tend to his wounds, where whilst he convalesces the warg dude and Jon go through Warging 101. He spends a bunch of time as Ghost, learns a ton of stuff about his Gift, possibly converses with Bran whilst out beyond the wall as Ghost through the Weirwood grove. And thats where my theory ends I just can't see Ghost going the way of GreyWind. Hell I mourned Grey Wind more than I did Robb.

It's only four people stabbing him,So those still more or less loyal to him will take care of those guys(I'm actually sure that Sylese(Stannis's Wife) paid the attackers or promised to free them from the wall.).

I think otherwise: Jon has helped his husband and her men, she might get them hanged for what they did

I don't think Jon is dead, just injured pretty badly. I don't think he will die and become an unJon, and I don't think he will warg into Ghost because I don't think he's dead.

His story is so far from finished it would be very poor writing to kill him now. Ned's death came as a huge surprise/shock, but his story arc was basically complete when you look back at it. Same goes for Robb.

I don't think Jon is dead, just injured pretty badly. I don't think he will die and become an unJon, and I don't think he will warg into Ghost because I don't think he's dead.

His story is so far from finished it would be very poor writing to kill him now. Ned's death came as a huge surprise/shock, but his story arc was basically complete when you look back at it. Same goes for Robb.

Ned's death started a war, Robb's death ended a war, I dont know what Jon's death would accomplish.

I think Ghost will run wild after the Ides of Marsh.

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Jon is put into a coma by the stabbings, and Marsh mistakes a comatose Jon for a dead one and moves him to the ice cells next to the smoked and salted meats. The red star is Ser Partek whose sigil is a star, and is a follower of the Red God. Lord Snow will die in the ice cells, and a new Jon will be reborn.

When the man's flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains."

"I fear no ghosts. Dragons are more powerful than ghosts."

Jon's spirit will be in Ghost while he's out, but his spirit/will is strong enough to keep him from dissipating into Ghost and remain intact.

Did a bit of a search, couldn't see that anything has been posted and don't know if Martin has ever made reference to it, forgive me if it's old news.

Follow the link to the Russian Garlan... d, a collection of Russian chap-book folk stories. I've read about half of them, honestly they're a bit of a struggle. A few passing mentions raise an eyebrow like Bulat the Brave Companion, Emelyan the fool and a comically brief appearance by a three headed dragon, but the headliner is the most interesting, brave, noble and creepy sleep watcher Lyubim is betrayed and murdered by his brothers only to be resurrected by the winged wolf and justice had by all.

http://www.akirarabe...an/garland.html

Jon, a prince, is "killed" by his brothers, and Bran, the winged wolf, and BR will move to save him. Jon will receive a vision like Bran did during his coma. Jon will descend into the crypts in his dream, and confront his fears and go down the steps.

When the time comes, I will tell him myself.

He will meet an image/apparition of Ned who tells Jon the truth about his parentage, like Arthur's foster father, Sir Ector, told Arthur about his true parentage, and possibly meet his mother, Lyanna. Jon will then wake up amidst the smoke and salt.

I think Ghost will run wild after the Ides of Marsh.

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt."

Jon is put into a coma by the stabbings, and Marsh mistakes a comatose Jon for a dead one and moves him to the ice cells next to the smoked and salted meats. The red star is Ser Partek whose sigil is a star, and is a follower of the Red God. Lord Snow will die in the ice cells, and a new Jon will be reborn.

When the man's flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains."

"I fear no ghosts. Dragons are more powerful than ghosts."

Jon's spirit will be in Ghost while he's out, but his spirit/will is strong enough to keep him from dissipating into Ghost and remain intact.

snapback.pngchrisdaw, on 25 November 2012 - 04:31 AM, said:

Did a bit of a search, couldn't see that anything has been posted and don't know if Martin has ever made reference to it, forgive me if it's old news.

Follow the link to the Russian Garlan... d, a collection of Russian chap-book folk stories. I've read about half of them, honestly they're a bit of a struggle. A few passing mentions raise an eyebrow like Bulat the Brave Companion, Emelyan the fool and a comically brief appearance by a three headed dragon, but the headliner is the most interesting, brave, noble and creepy sleep watcher Lyubim is betrayed and murdered by his brothers only to be resurrected by the winged wolf and justice had by all.

http://www.akirarabe...an/garland.html

Jon, a prince, is "killed" by his brothers, and Bran, the winged wolf, and BR will move to save him. Jon will receive a vision like Bran did during his coma. Jon will descend into the crypts in his dream, and confront his fears and go down the steps.

When the time comes, I will tell him myself.

He will meet an image/apparition of Ned who tells Jon the truth about his parentage, like Arthur's foster father, Sir Ector, told Arthur about his true parentage, and possibly meet his mother, Lyanna. Jon will then wake up amidst the smoke and salt.

Well said. I'd prefer if he heard it from Ned as opposed to Howland or Bran.

Archived