The Princess and the Queen!

SerDuck

Just saw the update on George's blog that Amazon's 12/3/2013 date is supposed to be correct.

http://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Women-George-R-R-Martin/dp/076533206X

From his blog : "...and mine own contribution... well, it's some of that fake history I have been writing lo these many months, the true (mostly) story of the origins of the Dance of the Dragons."

I can't wait! Finally so many questions (hopefully) will be cleared up. (and I guarantee a ton of new "theories" will arise)

:)

I saw that too, and was going to start a thread, but I'm glad I checked first and found this.

What do we know about this story? What I recall is that it was set to be about some female Starks, possibly in Winterfell, but this title does not lend itself to this speculation. Acoording to the wiki, it was formerly "The She-Wolves of Winterfell," tentatively. Do you guys think it is still a story about the Starks, or completely different? The Princess and Queen must be Targaryens, so now it might be shifted to KL and be more Targ-centric. Bummer, because I was REALLy looking forward to meeting some more Starks!

From what I understand, The Princess and the Queen is derived from material cut from The World of Ice and Fire. Apparently, the author was originally supposed to contribute something like 50,000 words to the latter project but, as is his custom, he ended up with a lot more (if I remember correctly, something like 250,000 words). The Princess and the Queen was taken from some of the excess.

Do you guys have any sources for these things? I don't doubt you, but I try to keep up with things ASOIAF, and this is the first I've heard about GRRM punting on "The She-Wolves," and I'd like to read more about it. Thanks for the info though.

Archived