Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

I was absolutely crushed. I couldn't breathe. I've NEVER felt that way watching a T.V show/actor, and maybe twice watching a movie.

The actors put their heart and soul into this show, and if she doesn't get AT LEAST nominated I'm going to be writing a letter.

NCW and Michelle should get nominated, but GoT in general suffers from screen time issues with all the various story lines going on. Everyone is a supporting actor basically.

That was a crushing scene, and done horribly well by Fairley. Lady Stoneheart is gonna be one mean woman!

I also thought the scene with Dinklage and Dance in the 1 episode was very emmy worthy.....for either one of them .....that was a heavy scene.....I think it was pulled line for line from the book....but on screen it was much more moving a scene than in print

Unfortunately for Michelle and the rest of the cast, Homeland and in particular the incomparable Claire Danes probably have a stranglehold on the Emmys for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I know. I think Homeland is a good show, but best T.V series? Eh....

Claire Danes is incredible, but I don't think that would hurt Fairley in supporting. What we'd have to watch out for, is the same tired Christina Hendricks nomination, along with someone form the Goodwife and Downton Abbey. All capable actresses, I do enjoy Hendricks on Mad Men (as well as Moss). But this year its undeniable.

I know the process is subjective as it is based on matter of opinion, but at the end of the day, there is a very political side to the way the industry votes. True, the Emmy's did host a panel for GoT, so hopefully thats a sign of support to come. But I worry that GoT unconventionality is too far outside of the box for an industry that likes to reward dramas that adhere to specific formulas.

Shows seem to get rewarded that are popular, but coincide with the taste of the Emmy voters. It sucks, because as much support as GoT has, the industry's community is much more onboard with standard drama faire of the last decade or so. (The Good Wife and Downton Abbey, standard cable) than they would with a complex, multi faceted battleground one finds in Westeros.

And it disheartens me, because actors are so rarely recognized that actually do great work, and instead are shunned in favor of actresses or actors that have standing reputation or "credibility" for awards. Whatever. If I ever see Michelle Fairley, I'm going to personally thank her for the work she's done with this character. As an actor myself, the women (and men) on this show have been an incredible inspiration to me.

Unfortunately for Michelle and the rest of the cast, Homeland and in particular the incomparable Claire Danes probably have a stranglehold on the Emmys for the foreseeable future.

She would be nominated as a lead actress. Michelle would be nominated as a supporting actress.

I think Lena was robbed of a nom last year and Michelle has not had enough screen time. This scene, while amazing, will probably be too little too late for Emmy voters. With such a strong ensemble it's really difficult to get singled out. So many voters go for Lena, Emilia, Maisie, etc.

Slightly off-topic but has anyone read her interview with Entertainment Weekly? Is she just flat out lying about not coming back? I can't imagine that they'd choose to cut UnCat. Why highlight Beric's resurrection?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/03/catelyn-red-wedding/

Archived