I wish there was a Robb and Joffrey fight.

Nah, Joffrey was lvl 7 and Robb was lvl 6 during that time. Plus, Joff had higher quality items than Robb - so that would've given him an even bigger advantage. Joff would've won.

The only way I came up with to help you is..... you have control over WHEN you read their sparring fight from GoT. You can re-shuffle the sequence of events! Like, say, right when you're reading the Battle of the Blackwater. Try reading the sparring fight then as an expanded section of that battle for all the marbles.

Newfound Excitement!

I'd actually have enjoyed to have that first Arya chapter in AGoT changed so Robb and Joff were actually super buddybuddy. Make Joffrey seem like a good kid, so the events on the kingsroad seem really WHAT DA FUQ and then his eventual beheading even more SO MUCH FOR A TOUCH OF GOOD IN HIM.

Plus, Robb and Joff both being total brats and all.

Is there any proof whatsoever that Joffrey had battle skills?

Robb won a lot of battles. Joffrey pelted smallfolk with a crossbow.

It would've been Robb winning in hand to hand combat. With a cross bow and a kingsguard Hot Pie could beat the Mountain, so that's really not a compliment to say Joff would've won with it.

Is there any proof whatsoever that Joffrey had battle skills?

Robb won a lot of battles. Joffrey pelted smallfolk with a crossbow.

It would've been Robb winning in hand to hand combat. With a cross bow and a kingsguard Hot Pie could beat the Mountain, so that's really not a compliment to say Joff would've won with it.

I'm guessing this was a more comical "what if" topic that most of us would have liked to see just because of the prick that Joff is. But no I don't think he had any kind of battle skills, maybe a master of retreat.

If you consider Joffery running away with piss running down his leg while Greywind chases him down and eats his face a fight, then yes, it would be a good fight to watch.

Yes, it would be, although if we were to judge based on the two kings alone, I believe that Robb would win. There is a difference between a good strategist and a good fighter, and I do believe, just based on the text alone, that Robb with his military experience and Joff's shitting in his pants hiding near the throne, close his mommy, that Robb would win in both commanding an army and fighting one on one.

Archived