I wish there was a Robb and Joffrey fight.

A poor swordsman who until a guardsman speared his leg managed to keep it even with and even throw in more blows than the great swordsman of Jaime Lannister.

Robb was not sheltered his life, he has been wounded, killed, and faced fear. Joff would become his own worst enemy in that fight as the fear saps him.

Plus let me know where an untrained youth whose instructors COULD NOT strike him. Nature vs nurture and that genetic prowess was stolen by being coddled.

Seeing as how Joff cowered in fear at Arya.....it's a no-brainer who wins that one. No need to show something like that when we all know the outcome.

People often like to repeat this, but it's not really what happened. A direwolf capable of killing armed knights attacked and defeated him, whilst he was very drunk.

Then a grey blur flashed past her, and suddenly Nymeria was there, leaping, jaws closing around Joffrey's sword arm. The steel fell from his fingers as the wolf knocked him off his feet, and they rolled in the grass, the wolf snarling and ripping at him, the prince shrieking in pain. "Get it off," he screamed. "Get it off!"

I think a lot of men would lose to Arya in that situation let alone a drunk 12 year old boy.

From canon we know even as a 12 year old, he was taller than a 14 year old Robb and close to his equal with a sword.

I don't see where people get this idea from. Joffrey even at 12 was roughly on the same level as Robb at 14. Joffrey is very gifted physically. He does everything physically very well. He is graceful, well coordinated, tall, strong and skillful. Give him his Valyrian steel sword and one on one, Robb probably wins, but only due to his age and experience advantage. If both were adults or the same age I would give Joffrey a big advantage.

Joff sucked with a sword if I remember right when he was in winterfell he spared with Robb got his ass kicked and quit saying it was pointless he thought he was to good for training... thats why he has the crossbow in the end Joff is a punk that gets killed by Robb hands down. Hes a a thousandth the man his dad was and I think his dad is overrated

Joff sucked with a sword if I remember right when he was in winterfell he spared with Robb got his ass kicked and quit saying it was pointless he thought he was to good for training... thats why he has the crossbow in the end Joff is a punk that gets killed by Robb hands down. Hes a a thousandth the man his dad was and I think his dad is overrated

You are not remembering right. Joffrey sparred with Robb and Robb believed he got the best of him. You may think Jaime was overrated, but that's not in what Martin says. Jaime is one of the best in Westeros' entire history. A 12 year Joffrey was on the same level as a 14 year old Robb.

Yea, Robb is nearly 2.5 year older than Joff, so the fact Joff was even giving him many thwacks is pretty shameful for Robb.

Iirc Joff = 13 at the start of Cok, while Robb is sixteen near the end of it, and it took place over less than a year, so about 2.5 year difference.

Although Jon and Robb might just have hit puberty a bit later than Joff ... Tyrion thinks Jon is 12 in early GoT when he is 14.5 so they were not well developed.

People often like to repeat this, but it's not really what happened. A direwolf capable of killing armed knights attacked and defeated him, whilst he was very drunk.

Then a grey blur flashed past her, and suddenly Nymeria was there, leaping, jaws closing around Joffrey's sword arm. The steel fell from his fingers as the wolf knocked him off his feet, and they rolled in the grass, the wolf snarling and ripping at him, the prince shrieking in pain. "Get it off," he screamed. "Get it off!"

I think a lot of men would lose to Arya in that situation let alone a drunk 12 year old boy.

From canon we know even as a 12 year old, he was taller than a 14 year old Robb and close to his equal with a sword.

Nymeria was not capable of killing an armed knight at that point, Joffery was not drunk, and after the wolf bit his arm.....he then cowered in fear at Arya and begged her not to hurt him. At which point she tossed his sword into the river.

A point that was laughed at by Renly after Arya was recovered.

Joffery was a coward and we don't know anything about his swordsmanship abilities from the text of the novel. We do know that Robb rode at the head of his army in every battle he fought in and that Jon Snow, one of the better fighters in the Night's Watch, regarded him as a stronger fighter than himself.

" Or maybe he'll give me yours"

Yes, I would have loved to see that fight and Robb giving Sansa a 'gift' after it.

(Am I the only one who thinks the TV show will have Joffrey receive Robb's head and give it to Sansa just for the hell of it? I know it didn't happen in the books but Joffrey did ask for it and there's no importance to what happened to Robb's head in the books...that we know of.)

I hope we see some awesome duels in the future. Other than Oberyn vs. the Mountain we've only heard about epic battle pairings like Robert vs. Rhaegar at the Trident and Ned and co. vs. the Kingsguard at the Tower of Joy.

Well, we were teased with a Jon Snow vs. Bowen Marsh duel, but it didn't last long because Jon, carelessly as he was, had his sword frozen inside the scabbard.

On topic, while Joffrey might be on par with Robb in practice, Joffrey isn't brave. Fear would have caused his death.

That is why I said 'likely'. Pick a 100 12 year olds and put them against a 100 14 year olds. Who is likely to win?

Its up in the air.

Visit a high school when able.

Look at the freshmen.

They're tiny, spindly people, goofy looking as well.

Not drastically upgraded from seventh graders, honestly.

And what does one being twelve and the other fourteen matter when the twelve year old is remarked to be tall and strong for his age?

At that point in their development, it's as important as saying a twenty three year old fought a twenty five year old.

That two year space amounts to nil.

As to the thread, all things from a level field, Robb slays the monster.

Joff has shown what instinct he gives into when fear holds him.

Nymeria was not capable of killing an armed knight at that point, Joffery was not drunk, and after the wolf bit his arm.....he then cowered in fear at Arya and begged her not to hurt him. At which point she tossed his sword into the river.

A point that was laughed at by Renly after Arya was recovered.

Joffery was a coward and we don't know anything about his swordsmanship abilities from the text of the novel. We do know that Robb rode at the head of his army in every battle he fought in and that Jon Snow, one of the better fighters in the Night's Watch, regarded him as a stronger fighter than himself.

Summer had just killed a man armed with a Valyrian dagger not long before this. Nymeria should be capable of the same. Joffrey was 12 and just been savaged by a wolf. He was drunk, he had been drinking all day.

He may be 12, but we know he was at least as good as a 14 year old Robb. People keep trying to dismiss this, but it is highly impressive.

Its up in the air.

Visit a high school when able.

Look at the freshmen.

They're tiny, spindly people, goofy looking as well.

Not drastically upgraded from seventh graders, honestly.

And what does one being twelve and the other fourteen matter when the twelve year old is remarked to be tall and strong for his age?

At that point in their development, it's as important as saying a twenty three year old fought a twenty five year old.

That two year space amounts to nil.

As to the thread, all things from a level field, Robb slays the monster.

Joff has shown what instinct he gives into when fear holds him.

Sorry this is just not true. The gap between a 12 and 14 year old is huge. Just, because Joffrey was tall does not mean anything. At the age of 14 he would be even taller and stronger. Robb was not just 14, but close to 15. Just look at the differences in standards between a 12 year old and a 14/15.

http://www.esaa.net/...rrentstands.php

Summer had just killed a man armed with a Valyrian dagger not long before this. Nymeria should be capable of the same. Joffrey was 12 and just been savaged by a wolf. He was drunk, he had been drinking all day.

He may be 12, but we know he was at least as good as a 14 year old Robb. People keep trying to dismiss this, but it is highly impressive.

Summer killed a vagrant armed with a dagger. He did not kill an armed knight, which is the condition you invented for this hypothetical. He was also not drunk, and there is no indication that he was or that he had been drinking all day.

He cowered in fear at Arya and begged for his life after the wolf had been called off. That is EXACTLY what happened....contrary to your comment of "(that's) not really what happened".

Either you are trolling on here posting ridiculous assertions or you did not read the novels.

Archived