Original Reactons to the Purple Wedding

I felt satisfaction that the inhuman little weasel Joff was gone. Very doubtful there will be nearly as strong a positive reaction to counteract the current negative reaction among RW viewers.

Sincerely hope they don't discover the Robb Stark sword sale currently being promoted by our fav novelist. :drunk: Might seem downright heartless to those who take their fiction tres seriously. :crying:

I giggled while he choked scratching at his throat. Than I giggled some more when Cersei screamed for someone to help him and no one did ~giggle~ than I just giggled for a good ten minutes when Sansa remember how Joffery said that he couldn't stand the wailing of women but it was his mother who was wailing now lol

I am a horrible person cause I was happy about it I was/am still mad about the RW so any Lannister/Fray/Bolton dying would have been funny and satisfying to me

I was very surprised by the outcome of the PW when reading it for the first time. I had a feeling Joff's wouldn't make it through the end of the series, obviously. I do believe I set the book down and began jumping up and down screaming for joy and gave my favorite battle cry "WINTERFELL!!" Then I read the chapter again, slowly, savoring every moment of his death.

Well, the only Starks I care about are Arya and Bran - so I didn't have the whole 'jumping-for-joy-because-Robb-had-his-revenge' thing going on. But it was an interesting read. I enjoyed the events that came after more.

I was honestly a little shocked that GRRM would

a.) Kill Joffrey off so early, and

b.) Kill Joffrey in something other than Melisandre's fires or something equally painful.

So other than the disbelief I felt about the whole thing, I was ecstatic for obvious reasons. Tyrion getting the blame was almost an afterthought, and it was something I wasn't even really thinking about because I was just so happy that Joffrey was killed. To me, that alone was compensation enough for the RW.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda saw it coming after the leaches "killed" robb and balon. not necessarily saying the blood magic worked, but it kills the mystery if they dont all die.

that said, i was really pissed when i read the PW. joff gets off incredibly easy, especially when you compare everything he's done to, say, theon.

Archived