How do you feel about Cersei?

I don't think she ever did really love Jaime. She used him and always seemed to want him away from Casterly Rock. Where as Jaime dreamt of marrying her and would have given up everything for her, she dreamt of marrying Rhaegar.

The way she was treating Maggy and threatening to have her killed showed he true colours before that.

Robert was not the first one to destroy the wedding. She planned to keep up her affair with Jaime from the start. As for Robert never treating her kinds, I think this is unlikely. Robert may be many things, but he seems courteous and kind to all. The man is desperate to be loved.

Cersei has had a far, far better life than virtually every other character and has messed up all the opportunities she had.

I think she thought of that as love. And I think those feelings, although not noble, were real to her.

Her behavior to Maggy was indeed bad, I won`t deny that. But she was child who believed everyone should obbey her. I blame parenting for that.

Robert was the one who destroyed that marriage. IF he was kind to her, didn`t mollested her constantly and sometimes raped her, that marriage, although loveless, would endure and who knows, she might have given him a child of his own.

Cersei had a tragic life. The fact she was Queen doesn`t change the fact she was mollested, raped, humiliated by the fact her husband she could love loved other woman

I see her as someone who thinks she is as good as her father when she isn't and when someone tries to point that out, she just lashes out saying that what they say is bs and the only reason they don't want her to rule is because she is a women and that men are better. That leads her to believe that everything she does is great and no one likes it becasue it wasn't a man who came up with it when she is an ignorant little spoiled brat who doesn't know how to rule or even take care of her children. I do believe she loves her children, but she makes them as twisted as she is (pointing right at Joffery).

I believe she loved Joffrey more than power, but I am not convinced she loves Tommen and Myrcella more than she loves having power. There are too many disturbing thoughts. Such as when she say she (paraphrashing) " I cannot let anything happen to Tommen, with Myrcella in Dorne." Her thoughts about protecting Tommen were too closely linked to keeping power. It's like she was implying if Myrcella was here, she would be less bothered by the death of her son.

On her delusion you are spot on. She even thinks that if she was a man she could rule in her own right. She completely forgets that she has no claim to the throne. She is not of the royal household. Man or Woman she could only ever rule as regent.

I always loved to hate Cersei and find her descend into insanity utterly fascinating. But for some reason I can't quite symphatise with her like I can with her twin Jaime. The narcissm and tunnel-vision is a bit too much with that woman (that I'm a Tyrell fan doesn't help much either, I guess). So no, really don't like her at all, but then I re-read the penance walk the other day and went: UghUghUrrrGH11! :ack: :ack: :ack: That shit is just vile and the poor woman has totally lost it.

While I by no means like her, I feel that her POV shed a little light on why she is the way she is. While I still dislike her, I do sympathise with her in a way. She is, though incredibly annoying and such most of the time, a fascinating character, as you said Littlefinger Baelish.

I think she thought of that as love. And I think those feelings, although not noble, were real to her.

Her behavior to Maggy was indeed bad, I won`t deny that. But she was child who believed everyone should obbey her. I blame parenting for that.

Robert was the one who destroyed that marriage. IF he was kind to her, didn`t mollested her constantly and sometimes raped her, that marriage, although loveless, would endure and who knows, she might have given him a child of his own.

Cersei had a tragic life. The fact she was Queen doesn`t change the fact she was mollested, raped, humiliated by the fact her husband she could love loved other woman

She knew they weren't love, because she would not have hid her plans from him. She always planned to dump Jaime when someone better came along. Can you give one example where Cersei actually sacrifices anything for Jaime?

I agree Cersei did not have great parenting, but NONE of the other Lannisters act like that. So the fault must lie primarily with her.

Robert being cruel or abusive to her initially just does not fit with what we know. I agree later on he became abusive and there is no excuse for that. However, Robert was a charmer and people all over the realm loved him. Hell he kiled a guy's grandfather and the man still loves him. I cannot see Robert not putting effort into their marriage at the start. She never planned to give Robert a child, because only a Targaryen prince was above Jaime.

Cersei had a far better life than most people in Westeros and brought her own downfall upon her. Before she was married to Robert she was already a terrible woman. Honestly how many people have killed someone at 10/11? An innocent childhood friend at that?

She's probably my favorite character from the series but that does not derive from how much empathy I feel towards her. I do find myself sympathizing with her at times, but by no means as much as for other characters, and certainly a lot less than I do for, say, Catelyn, to give one example. With Cersei, it's more about the fact that I simply find her very entertaining. Whether it's in one of her point-of-view chapters or when she shows up in the chapters of other characters, my enjoyment of the series tends to reach its zenith when she is involved. I grant the reality that she is something of an evil character, but that has never been a concern of mine when I happen to like a fictional character.

Cersei is the very definition of a selfish bitch. She has committed so many outright evil acts with no remorse or doubts that I would say she is most definitely an evil person.

There is no excuse or forgiveness for some of the things she has done. Also, I disagree she is all about her family must rule and establishing a legacy. That was Tywin. Cersei is all about herself.

Yes, she loves her children, but Cersei is at her core a very weak insecure person who will respond to any real or imagined threat to her own power by committing the most horrible of crimes (egordering the death of innocent babies). The woman has virtually no redeeming qualities.

Cersei is the very definition of a selfish bitch. She has committed so many outright evil acts with no remorse or doubts that I would say she is most definitely an evil person.

There is no excuse or forgiveness for some of the things she has done. Also, I disagree she is all about her family must rule and establishing a legacy. That was Tywin. Cersei is all about herself.

Yes, she loves her children, but Cersei is at her core a very weak insecure person who will respond to any real or imagined threat to her own power by committing the most horrible of crimes (egordering the death of innocent babies). The woman has virtually no redeeming qualities.

:agree:

I have no sympathy or empathy for her. All of this is her fault tywin resigning as hand jamie being the way he was she wanted to kill poor arya when robert said no. I do agree that what the high sparrow did was showing how the crown didn't have power anymore, but its still less than what she deserves.

I could not disagree more. Even if Cersei married Rhaegar, she would never have been happy with him. Cersei has always been in love with Jaime, she even thinks after trying to be rough and force herself on Teana that it never felt right with anyone but Jaime.

what I am saying is that she values strength and power over anything else and if someone with those things, such as Robert, would have actually loved her while also providing her with that which she most desires, she could have turned out a lot better.

She knew they weren't love, because she would not have hid her plans from him. She always planned to dump Jaime when someone better came along. Can you give one example where Cersei actually sacrifices anything for Jaime?

I agree Cersei did not have great parenting, but NONE of the other Lannisters act like that. So the fault must lie primarily with her.

Robert being cruel or abusive to her initially just does not fit with what we know. I agree later on he became abusive and there is no excuse for that. However, Robert was a charmer and people all over the realm loved him. Hell he kiled a guy's grandfather and the man still loves him. I cannot see Robert not putting effort into their marriage at the start. She never planned to give Robert a child, because only a Targaryen prince was above Jaime.

Cersei had a far better life than most people in Westeros and brought her own downfall upon her. Before she was married to Robert she was already a terrible woman. Honestly how many people have killed someone at 10/11? An innocent childhood friend at that?

There are all sorts of love. People can love deeply and never do anything right. Love isn`t just some noble feeling, love can be destructive too. And I think Cersei`s love for Jaime was of that sort. She loved him the only way she could. It`s psychologically very disturbing, but that doesn`t change the fact she thought of that as love. No matter what we think of it.

Well, Tyrion became rapist, he was possesive to the moment where he killed a man. I mean, it`s not like her brothers are far better. They are not that dark, but they are not some example of virtue.

In arranged marriage like that, she had no choice to accept what was given to her. BUt, that collided with her personnality and vanity. Also, we have the fact Robert was the first one who was unkind. We know he was basically raping her from beginning and that she begged him to be more gentle.

As for killing, I know you have to be disturbed as a person to do that. I just think that beside evil, there`s a deep tragic notion in her.

I won`t lie. I sympathize a lot with her during her walk of penance. And I have to adit I hated more High Sparrow than I hated her at that moment. That wasn`t justice, that was perverse presentation of power orchestrated by High Septon and the reformed Faith. I honestly think she is more tragic than evil character.

Yeah, this. Although I don't much care for the character at all I do enjoy studying her.

Cersei is not a tragic figure. How the fuck can you excuse her actions or entirely blame Robert for their marriage? She was fucking Jamie throughout the entirety of her marriage. Robert had his own issues and was far from a perfect husband, but Cersei was never a good wife either. Her personality would prevent her from being a good wife to anyone. She's waaaayto selfish, paranoid and unpredictable for that to ever happen.

what I am saying is that she values strength and power over anything else and if someone with those things, such as Robert, would have actually loved her while also providing her with that which she most desires, she could have turned out a lot better.

So Robert should have abdicated the throne so Cersei could rule solely by herself to make her happy? Robert should have never consummated the relationship so Cersei could keep sleeping with her brother?

Reasons I hate

1 SHE FUCKED HER BROTHER

2 She treats Tyrion like shit

3 She killed her friend

4 She abused Sansa mentally

5 She allowed her son to be a fuck up shit

6 She killed Jon, Robert, and Ned

7 She purged the Kingdom into war

8 She killed Lady

9 She is pyscho bitch

10 She is a narrcestic bitch

In my opinion she should by hanged by the neck while being burned alive after a whole month of torture by everyone she has harmed.

Wasn't Jon killed by Littlefinger?

Archived