Arianne Martell's Future

Arianne doesn't seem the type to engage in very direct conflict, so does this mean that when she meets Dany she will try to be subversive?

Where is her story going?

I feel like she is going towards perhaps meeting with Aegon, siding with him, and then going vs Dany?

But if she goes vs. Dany doesn't that guarantee her death?

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell it, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well. That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself. I am a woman now, my father’s daughter. I have learned that lesson.

The only thing Doran had ever been considered to have done rashly is his marriage. Arianne thinks of herself as her father's daughter, and she may reflect that in her marriage to Aegon.

I think she will be Aegon's queen.

She burned as bright as any man and so shall I.

She will die in the second Dance of Dragons. Aegon may possibly watch his queen being eaten by Dany's dragons like Aegon III saw his queen, his mother Rhaenyra, being eaten by a dragon. Either way, Arianne will be burned by Dany's dragons.

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell i, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

Pretty boys had ever been her weakness, particularly the ones who were dark and dangerous as well. That was before, when I was just a girl, she told herself. I am a woman now, my father’s daughter. I have learned that lesson.

The only thing Doran had ever been considered to have done rashly is his marriage. Arianne thinks of herself as her father's daughter, and she may reflect that in her marriage to Aegon.

She will die in the second Dance of Dragons. Aegon may possibly watch his queen being eaten by Dany's dragons like Aegon III seeing his queen, his mother Rhaenyra, being eaten by a dragon. Either way, Arianne will be burned by Dany's dragons.

NO DON'T SAY SHE WILL DIE :( :( :( :(

Doran Martell and his Norvoshi wife had spent half their marriage apart and the other half arguing. It was the only rash thing his father had ever done, to hear some tell i, the only time he had followed his heart instead of his head, and he had lived to rue it.

TWoW Arianne I

She will die in the second Dance of Dragons. Aegon may possibly watch his queen being eaten by Dany's dragons like Aegon III seeing his queen, his mother Rhaenyra, being eaten by a dragon. Either way, Arianne will be burned by Dany's dragons.

Pretty much. Aegon will make it to the Iron Throne with Arianne as his queen. If Dany succeeds in invading Westeros, it means a rather sad end for those two. But for a brief moment, Arianne will have everything.

TWoW Arianne I

Like her brother. "Oh," she thought. Then she began to scream.

But if she goes vs. Dany doesn't that guarantee her death?

I think that is a remote possibility, even if they do end up on opposite sides of the conflict, which is admittedly likely. There would be little reason for Daenerys to execute Arianne when the latter could only be found guilty of being deceived. I grant that the situation would be complicated if Arianne were to get pregnant, but I find that sequence of events unlikely.

More importantly, Daenerys is supposed to be the slayer of lies. That is indicative of a conclusion to the conflict wherein Daenerys exposes Aegon as a Blackfyre and as a puppet of Varys and Illyrio. Once the truth is out, Arianne will have much less cause to hate Daenerys.

She'll be the 5th person Margaery marries.

:lol: :rofl:

This is the most someone has made my laugh on these forums in quite a while. :D

Yeah i just re-read the WOW Arianne chapter again and Im surprised I missed now jaded she is on my first reading. Which leads me to believe she will indeed marry her nephew just to be queen. She sees that in Dany Quentyn is getting the better deal. While she just gets a dusty castle and some hot rocks. Shwe was mad and jealous of him for so long thniking he was getting Sunspear only to see it was going to be hers all all along (but not really since she was to marry Viserys and possibly become queen if it were ever possible that he could take the throne) . But now i do believe she will boo up with hernephew just to so she wont be getting second best.....and she will burn for it. Im not a Dany fan but I can see it happening. So maybe just maybe Aegon could live but lose Arianne.

Archived