Arianne Martell's Future

Her ambition, rivalry with her brother and weakness for pretty boys will be her undoing. I think she has better chances to survive than Aegon, but that is not saying much. She and Aegon will have splendid court with feasts and wealth on display but it will be only last lie denying hard truths (winter), hers and Aegon's power won't match the power of real Targ dynasty and then Dany will come to Westeros and well...

Only the ones who are patient will get their desire fulfilled, not the summer children/knights who rush into death, but the one`s who are preparing themselves to survive the winter. As Sansa rejecting the pomegranate.

Arianne is a summer child, and like Brienne thinking that the knights of summer were dying like flies, the summer children are like Achilles, going to war to achieve their glory only to meet their doom.

Pretty much. Aegon will make it to the Iron Throne with Arianne as his queen. If Dany succeeds in invading Westeros, it means a rather sad end for those two. But for a brief moment, Arianne will have everything.

Unless Aegon has his own dragon, he could be a match for Dany. Although I think the second dance of dragons will probably see 2/3 dragons killed and the fight versus Others doomed because of Dany's craziness, which will have her sacrifice to somehow save Westeros.

She'll be the 5th person Margaery marries.

In my last CKII game, Tommen died and Margaery was married to Myrcella. Foreshadowing?

I really have to go against what seems the majority opinion. I simply don't think Daenerys is going to have Arianne executed for marrying someone she thought was her cousin. If anything, I think she will seek to compensate the Martells for what happened to Quentyn.

I really have to go against what seems the majority opinion. I simply don't think Daenerys is going to have Arianne executed for marrying someone she thought was her cousin. If anything, I think she will seek to compensate the Martells for what happened to Quentyn.

I'm not saying the Dany is going to execute Arianne, but that Arianne will die in battle against Dany with one of Dany's dragons going for Arianne. Basically, Arianne screws herself into a corner.

I am saying that Dany will execute Arianne knowingly. It's in her Aerys transformation arc. She will probably become paranoid after hearing that the mummer's dragon is now king and will think that everyone conspired against her. That mentality can already be seen in her repeated use of the usurper's dogs.

I'm not saying the Dany is going to execute Arianne, but that Arianne will die in battle against Dany with one of Dany's dragons going for Arianne. Basically, Arianne screws herself into a corner.

I find this even more unlikely. Arianne is not a solider.

I find this even more unlikely. Arianne is not a solider.

Neither was Nymeria, but that didn't stop her from leading her people. Arianne may want to be present at castle leading forces to stop Dany.

Wow! you all think very low of my beautiful dornish princess. She has grow more than half of the characters in the series, she's not a sex addict who cares for nothing but power -that's Cersei.

She has no wants to be queen, she wanted madly Sunspear but not for power but for right and recognizance. Stannis fights for what he believes is rightful to him and I don't see nobody taking it as a weakness. Also Dorne is the only place where women have the right for tittle, and it's the least populated part of Westeros for her to have her land instead of a brother who barely was there is a big feminist step. Wanting recongnizance and justice of a small region is different of wanting to be a queen.

Her aunt was almost a queen as well as Myrcella and look what it got for both of them, do you seriously believe she'd learn nothing??! That she'll want a crown that she has no right.

And yes she has a weaken for pretty boys, it'll bring her more troubles I know, but Aegon is (probably) a 18 years old who looks 14/15. Not really her type. Plus he seems a virgin, or at least I doubt women he laid with were half as pretty as Arianne. He will be played. I admit using only dragons and sex as a weapon is not enough in this game, but those are her weapons, do not mistake it for her poisons.

She seemed to be very understood with Dany and Quentyn, and it'll depend on how the news comes to her hears to judge her moves. She might understand how naive and ugly her brother was, or maybe her grief will be stronger. WE DON'T KNOW.

NOW THE BIGGER QUESTION IS IF SHE REFUSES TO SUPPORT DANY WILL AEGON PREFER TO ATTACK OR IGNORE DORNE AND WAIT FOR DANY OR WILL HE ALLY WITH DORNE?

Also will Arianne trust any Targaryen again? Who will be more important Quentyn or Elia? will she want to ally with the family who killed her brother?

She might not loved him as she should, but she did... oh, she did... and if they killed Quentyn who will assure they won't kill anymore Martells?

It's all confusing, but Arianne's not as dumb as you guys paint her. She loves the dragon in Cyvasse she could ally with Aegon if his arrogance is too big. But if she's ever a queen, something I doubt, it won't be because she wants to be "THE" queen but for political reasons

She's not really bright enough to be anything other than a tool for real players of the game. Looking forward to her inevitable nude scenes on the HBO show though. :bowdown:

Don't forget the Myrish swamp and Cersei!

• 3 weeks later...

Arianne is one of my favourite characters but unfortunately I believe she will die. Not because I want her too but I think at the end only a few of the older ones will be left and the future of westeros will be in the hands of the younger heirs. I want her to survive but I doubt it. Yet she is not as stupid as half of you think of her in my opinion.

Her chapter on TWOW makes me think she feels cheated of being QoT7K and maybe (unfairly) blames Dany of viserys death. I dont see her following her fathers plans, I think she'll hatch another scheme like the Marcella thing and go for Aegon which will result in both their deaths.

Archived