Crackpot Brandon Stark's Bastard

The Black Hawk

I'm more convinced that Brandon Stark has something to do with Ashara Dayne's story- got her pregnant (perhaps she fell in love with him?), she miscarried, he died, her brother dies and she commits suicide.

I think the mystery of Ashara Dayne will be revealed and it would be ironic if Brandon got her pregnant considering he was engaged to Catelyn and he betrayed her, not Ned.

Even if she had Brandon's bastard, proclaiming him King in the North would not be good idea, since nobody would probably follow him as there is no proof. She might proclaim him rightful Lord of Winterfell, but that would only be of Winterfell. Since the Crown has appointed Bolton as Warden of the North, it would be stupid to try and take away the seat of WInterfell from his bastard while staying in the King's Peace. It would not be feasible. It's a possibility of course, but since there's no foreshadowing on it, I doubt that it has in fact happened.

There was a thread a while back about how there are so few Starks for a family that has ruled for so many generations. Like not even distant cousins, or anything. Obviously, if Ned's siblings had lived long enough to have children it would be different for the current generation of extended Starks. So I would actually like it a bit if Brandon left some bastards, just so that there are some additional people with Stark blood around.

George said there were a couple of bastards.(Brandons bastard)

Where? Ive never seen such a quote or read anything in the books that hits at Brandon having a couple bastards.

Yeah. I remember that.

Click me !

In A Dance with Dragons, we learn more about Brandon Stark and his interest in women, similar to Robert's. Did Brandon have any bastards as well?

It'd be an exaggeration to say that Brandon died before he could have children. It's established in the books that he was no virgin. He could very well have left behind some little Snows in the various places he visited. But what's absolutely clear is that he had no legitimate children.

Where? Ive never seen such a quote or read anything in the books that hits at Brandon having a couple bastards.

George said that its likely there are some Stark bastards scattered around the North. He did not mention their parentage or tie them to Brandon. It was more like a nod to common sense, that there would be some folks with Stark blood in the North from the wrong side of the sheet. I think he indicated that White Harbor would be a likely place to find some. At the same time what he said did not seem to indicate that they would play any kind of major role in the story.

Archived