Your Opinion of the High Sparrow

zmflavius

He is the most dangerous man in KIngdoms. As relligious fanatic, he can gather enough man to threat all the pretenders, and wht he did to Cersei wasn`t justice, it was display of power, and sending a straight message `If I can do this to Queen Regent, imagine what I could do to you`. In time of war, poverty and despair, fanaticism gets great support and that`s why he will be force to be reckon with in future books.

I'm ambivalent about him. His strong stance against corruption and extravagance is admirable, his concern with the common people and willingness to focus on the victims instead of the victors makes him likable. But his ambition to make the Faith into a military power is highly dangerous, his misogynism a turnoff, his fanaticism a dealbreaker.

A very interesting character. I'm glad he's in the books and I'm also glad he won't survive them.

I find him really annoying and dislike him. But I did like the fact he imprisoned Cersei and made her do the walk.

Why? It`s not like that walk was about her actual crimes.

I liked seeing her helpless for once.

True. But if you hate somebody you just like to see them suffer, not matter if justified or not.

I had no pleasure in that walk, no more than I have pleasure in seeing Jaime`s hand chopped off, or Theon being tortured. Every attrocity in my opinion should be justified. This simply wasn`t. He made her walk the penance walk, because he wanted to show power not to be just.

I had no pleasure in that walk, no more than I have pleasure in seeing Jaime`s hand chopped off, or Theon being tortured. Every attrocity in my opinion should be justified. This simply wasn`t. He made her walk the penance walk, because he wanted to show power not to be just.

Well, i guess you're the better man then.

Also, i took no pleasure in Jamie's hand or Theon's torture as well. But Cersei is the person in the bools that i hate the most, by a long shot.

I agree with Jaime and Theon, but I just can't find myself feeling pity for Cersei.

Well, he seems to treat people equally, regardless of nobility. This is a distinct change from the First High Septon we see, who is corrupt. But other than that, I don't like his religious fanaticism.

He is the most dangerous man in KIngdoms. As relligious fanatic, he can gather enough man to threat all the pretenders, and wht he did to Cersei wasn`t justice, it was display of power, and sending a straight message `If I can do this to Queen Regent, imagine what I could do to you`. In time of war, poverty and despair, fanaticism gets great support and that`s why he will be force to be reckon with in future books.

Not only that but he took control over the faith by force, making the Most Devout choose him through fear and intimidation. He then restores the Faith Militant, with the approval of Cersei, after the Targaryen's worked so hard to abolish it. It may seem weird, but I get a Religious Tywin sort of feel from him.

I'm very interested in who he might have been or where he came from before claiming the name the High Sparrow and devoting his life to the Seven

Well, i guess you're the better man then.

Also, i took no pleasure in Jamie's hand or Theon's torture as well. But Cersei is the person in the bools that i hate the most, by a long shot.

I agree with Jaime and Theon, but I just can't find myself feeling pity for Cersei.

I hated Joffrey and Tywin, and I found small joy in their killings. I hate Ramsay, Roose and Walder, and I want them dead, but I want them to know the reason of their fall, that someone at the end says them: `North remembers`. I want Sansa to beat LF. I can hate, but I want them to pay for the reasons they wronged others, not because of some random coincedence

Poster Queen Cercei I would've given you a good licking for being mysogynistic. ;)

While I certainly have a negative opinion about Cercei it probably isn't right to cheer that she got slapped by Bobby B or her skinny dippin' adventure at the KL docks.

I personally want to see her answer for the crimes she commited and sentenced accordingly.

Archived