Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

How far do they fill us in on the Greyjoy portion of the saga tonight. I am assuming that Balon is dead (giving a huge nod to the fact that Joffrey is in trouble thanks to the leeches) and that they will bring up the kingsmoot and at least mention Crow's Eye. Any chance we get more than that?

Yara going to save Theon was a big WTF moment for me. Obviously they're going to take their time with the kingsmoot because they can't just have it happen early next season with no follow-up. I was surprised to see that Balon was still alive.

But yeah, I have no idea what they intend to do with Yara's intended plan to save Theon. Maybe it's to put her back in the North, but why? We still need the Kingsmoot to happen for that.

It's so weird and unfortunate at times, having the foresight of book knowledge. Unless they massively change things we know nothing will come of Yara looking for Theon or Yara vs. Ramsay for a while yet but I wanna fistpump so bad at the idea of that potential storyline. If that's the direction they're going in for her pre-Kingsmoot it could be really awesome (and hopefully doesn't ultimately feel like a waste of time).

god i love asha/yara

I find this bit a little odd, I'm guessing Asha vs Ramsay will be filler next season, something for both of them to do. And they'll have the Kingsmoot season 5.

I kind of thought the show will be kicking into a higher gear, with the Kingsmoot and the Dorne scenes from book 4 next season but I guess they'll wait a season.

I loved seeing Yara deciding to ride for her lil brother. That was a good deviation. It was a good way to intro her as becoming a major character. It's smart also because a lot of the Ironborn stuff is boring. Yara can return for the kingsmoot when Balon dies. Plus, I like the idea of them setting up a Ramsay vs. Yara storyline. Their maybe some future foreshadowing going on. Maybe she's the one to kill to kill the bastard later in the series.

Did we just see Euron or am I imagining things?

Heh, no kidding, I thought that bearded sailor was him for a second as well.

I'm just worried that this potential arc will just be filler and aborted by the time Balon dies, which ideally should be early next season.

Did anyone else really like Yara in this episode. She might end up being better then I thought now that I have gotten over how different she is from my minds eye.

Did anyone else really like Yara in this episode. She might end up being better then I thought now that I have gotten over how different she is from my minds eye.

Yeah I thought she was great.. I mean given their conversation at Winterfell I knew she cared for Theon so the little monologue wasn't surprising to me - well delivered imo.

It does raise some plot line questions going into next season but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the bearded sailor with the black around his eye - totally thought "EURON!" to myself as well there.. something about the look he gave her also was a bit odd. I'm sure it's not him but just kind of funny when these images we build up in our heads show up like that in coincidental places such as that.

He was just a random extra, but he did look pretty Euron-y.

That could have looked rushed and quite funny. "He's not even a man any moooooooooooooooo......."

Ahahahaha

A silly, inconsequential death is the perfect death for 'ol Balon Greyjoy

Archived