Talisa's Letter - Valyrian

AegonSnow

Muñus jorrāeliarzus,

Olvie hen embraro tolmiot nykēlot avy ivestragon issa. Nykēlo syt ūndon daor luo valzȳro ñoghossi ōressiks. Dārys issa vestris, se prūmio ñuho konir drējior issa. Ȳghāpī īlōn rāelza, kesrio syt lanta iksan, rūso zȳhosy gōvilirose zijo syt pyghas lue prūmie. Vīlībāzma ajomemēbza, yn aderī, mōrī, aōt māzīli se hēnkirī īlvi biarvī manaerili.

translated by David Peterson here

Dearest mother,

So much news I have to give you from over the seas. I find myself held by the arms of a husband I never expected to have. They say he is a king and of my heart that is true. He holds us safe, for now I am two, with his child beneath the heart that beats for him. The war rages on, but soon, when it is all over, we shall come to you and celebrate together.

Indeed. I was hoping that it was all a trick and she was actually writing to Tywin. But yeah, making everything genuine... That's a kicker.

Volantis was a Valyrian colony, so the language choice makes sense. Though I do have to wonder if there are any dialect differences based on their region. They're a major player in the slave trade, so would they have descended into a bit of Ghiscari with Slaver's Bay nearby?

Archived