Your Favorite Frey.

Agreed, it's a little scary actually, wanting vengeance is one thing, being blinded by it to this level of "guilty by association" is... well, I won't say it, but I'm thinking it.

The problem is no one will ever bring the Freys to justice. So people are hungering for justice in other ways, and they're fictional characters anyway.

I personally can't wait to see how the Freys are put to the sword and the Twins sacked.

But I actually expect Walder Heffner to die next novel, and Black Walder seizing power and a civil war starts between the Freys. Some other Freys may get culled by the RW 2.0 (if it happens) and die in the North. Story seems set up that way to me at least.

The problem is no one will ever bring the Freys to justice. So people are hungering for justice in other ways, and they're fictional characters anyway.

Manderly and Lady Stonehart are earnestly working on that. Just look at the number of Freys killed post-RW: Merret, Petyr, Rhaegar, Jared, Symon, Ryman and LW (7 of them).

Eh...yes? You don't have to feel sorry for fictional victims, is that what you're saying?

No, but if people are allowed to demonstrate... very harsh... feelings on what should be done to the Freys on the basis that the Freys are fictional, I just wanted to point out that the outrage causing those harsh feelings are also over fictional characters. In other words, if you dismiss downright insane policies ("kill 'em all") on that basis, then you're also saying noone should care what happened at the RW, because those guys are fictional too.

No, but if people are allowed to demonstrate... very harsh... feelings on what should be done to the Freys on the basis that the Freys are fictional, I just wanted to point out that the outrage causing those harsh feelings are also over fictional characters. In other words, if you dismiss downright insane policies ("kill 'em all") on that basis, then you're also saying noone should care what happened at the RW, because those guys are fictional too.

:agree:

Archived