Arya could get sent to kill Ramsay Bolton

How would the Iron bank find out that Ramsey had killed their emmissary. There are lots of ways a man could accidentaly die with winter storms on the sea wildings coming over the wall, the others marching south, Pirate kings, the ironborn on the rampage. It wouldn't be unusual to just disappear on as long a journey as this in the world they are living in

I'm sure Ramsay could gloat about it.

Not a new face, her old face. That's the way they talk – she's going to get a face as pretty as Arya's. Her own face back.

I disagree. A key part of the training is to become no-one, to completely lose your prior identity. Obviously if they can take away her familiar face that process will be accelerated, so they're not going to give her her own face. Also, it's probably critical if her training is to include carrying out more assassinations that none of those deeds are ever traced back to the 'real' Arya Stark, whether they are tying to rid her of that personality or not.

Ultimately I don't believe the HoBaW will be successful at ridding Arya of her past connections, which is kind of too bad for her because it would be a great relief to put some distance between the sorrow and anger over her parents' and brother's deaths. The critical thing that Izembaro will not be able to get past because he is unaware of it, is her warging ability and her connection to Nymeria. She won't tell anyone about that because she's not really fully aware of it herself. She thinks it's just a series of disturbing dreams.

I disagree. A key part of the training is to become no-one, to completely lose your prior identity. Obviously if they can take away her familiar face that process will be accelerated, so they're not going to give her her own face. Also, it's probably critical if her training is to include carrying out more assassinations that none of those deeds are ever traced back to the 'real' Arya Stark, whether they are tying to rid her of that personality or not.

Ultimately I don't believe the HoBaW will be successful at ridding Arya of her past connections, which is kind of too bad for her because it would be a great relief to put some distance between the sorrow and anger over her parents' and brother's deaths. The critical thing that Izembaro will not be able to get past because he is unaware of it, is her warging ability and her connection to Nymeria. She won't tell anyone about that because she's not really fully aware of it herself. She thinks it's just a series of disturbing dreams.

I am pretty sure that Arya is aware of her warging abilities, as she had figured out that it was the kindly man who kept fighting her while she was blind by seeing him through the cat that had followed her.

I am pretty sure that Arya is aware of her warging abilities, as she had figured out that it was the kindly man who kept fighting her while she was blind by seeing him through the cat that had followed her.

Yes, but only in the vaguest sense and she can´t control it, at least for now; with the training she received and will receive, especially learning self-control and awareness, she will undoubtly master it soon.

But more importantly, in my opinion, this will also cause a deepening of the connection with her Dire Wolf... and thus her family. Already, she has proven that despite being all alone - or so she believes - she hasn´t given up her former personality. Furthermore, she has cheated: she used her warging to discern the identity of her attacker while blind and on top of that, she lied about it.

So no, I don´t think she will ever truly become a Faceless Man, thus rendering the question "whom Arya will be sent to kill" pointless, she will break with them sooner or later (my take is she will arrive in Westeros at the end of TWoW or the start of the next one.... along with Daenerys, btw). That does not mean that she won´t kill Ramsey Bolton, of course, but I do not believe that one will survive that long: While Ned and Robb Stark ultimately fell victim to their honor, Ramsey Bolton will fall to his cruelty.

(I could imagine her killing Roose Bolton, their meeting in Harrenhal certainly could be interpreted as containing some hints for that.)

Holy Christ how did I never pick up on this???? It makes so much sense and I was so confused how she found out it was the Kindly Man attacking her. Awesome, thank you for enlightening me.

I think Arya would get sent to kill someone she has met before and possibly knows. It would be someone high profile, someone important that someone else who is also important, wants out of the way. Royal family I doubt but what about Littlefinger, LC of Night's Watch, Mel, the person I think it will be is "Dany". Arya may be hired by one of these exiled Slavers that has decided that killing Dany will make them feel good.

Ultimately I don't believe the HoBaW will be successful at ridding Arya of her past connections, which is kind of too bad for her because it would be a great relief to put some distance between the sorrow and anger over her parents' and brother's deaths.

This. Arya has become the embodiment of hate. It fuels her, it drives her, it sustains her. I believe she has a role yet to play, but I believe her hate will be her undoing. Her "prayer list" will get shorter, but she will not be fulfilled and will not complete it. She is the broken child that we hope for, but cannot escape herself. She will wind up dead in the streets of Flea Bottom with no one to mourn her and no one to recognize her. This is the least satisfying outcome, therefore you can be assured it's the one GRRM will go with.

I think that Arya will kill either Roose or Ramsay, but it won't be part of her contract: on the contrary, I see her violating her contract and deciding to kill Ramsay as revenge for the whole fArya scheme, thus renouncing herself as a FM and reclaiming her identity as a Stark.

I hope it isn't Arya because she'd most likely give him too clean a death. I can't see her cutting his cock and balls off, completely flaying him, then burning him alive. Of course, she could always warg Nymeria and rip him slowly to pieces with her pack of wolfy friends.

I didn't think the person needed to be in Braavos in the HOBAW to ask for the gift of the Many Faced God? I thought the person could be anywhere as long as a FM heard their prayer.

The FM are not the Dark Brotherhood from the Elder Scrolls games

I never liked this theory that the FM have connections with the IB just because they're geographically close.

Just the fact that they are close is enough that an Iron Banker could visit the HoBW on his lunch break is really enough a connection.

I think Arya would get sent to kill someone she has met before and possibly knows. It would be someone high profile, someone important that someone else who is also important, wants out of the way. Royal family I doubt but what about Littlefinger, LC of Night's Watch, Mel, the person I think it will be is "Dany". Arya may be hired by one of these exiled Slavers that has decided that killing Dany will make them feel good.

Whenever I see the theory about the fm possibly killing Dany, I always remember the scene in Dance when a boy comes into court and tells her that his families former slaves killed his father, raped and murdered his mother, and now live in his house. She sent him away with nothing and he looked back at her before leaving and Dany thought "The harpy has another sword" or something like that, but my point is people do truly hate Dany, possibly enough to pay with their lives.

I think she becomes fully aware of her warging ability....in fact thats how she found out it was the kindly man hitting her when she was blinded.....she wargs into the cat in her room and sees that it's him doing it ....so I do believe she's fully aware that she has this ability.....not to the extent of Bran....but she knows she can do it and an assassin with such an ability will spread havoc throughout Westeros....I think Aray's work will be done in Kings Landing....maybe not the royal family.....but perhaps the high septon or even the necromancer.....

This is not crackpot. Arya is inevitably going to desert the Faceless Men to return home and avenge her family. Ramsay - traitor to the King in the North, murderer of Rodrik Cassel, and destroyer of Winterfell - is an obvious target for Arya's revenge. It may not unfold that way, but I would not say that Arya killing Roose or Ramsay is "crackpot." It is a distinct possibility.

I have a feeling Aray's first mission will be to kill off either the high septon or the Qyburn in kings landing....I think the the FM won't stand for the faith having a standing army of it's own....and well Qyburn speaks for itself.....just a guess on my part...I don't think they would send Arya for someone so high profile as Cersei or tommen ...

This is why I think Arya is one of the most compelling characters in the story......of course we don't know exactly where GRRM is going to send her, but her arc can lead people to speculate many different scenarios for her. She is fueled by hate and vengance because the only people she has ever loved are either slaughtered or abandoned her. There are only 2 people left I believe that can possibly turn her from her life as a hired hitman. Those being her sister and John Snow....wouldn't it be crazy if she actually ended up marrying Jon Snow after learning that they are cousins and not brother and sister.....it wouldn't be so uncommon for cousins to marry in midieval society would it?

Archived