The Lies of Locke Lamora

Hound Dog

I think the first chapter of Lies is one of the best first chapters of any fiction I've ever read. It hooked me and never let go.

The first chapter was so incredible! I absolutely loved it and I agree with you, it was a great introduction. I hushed my bf when he tried asking me a question while I was reading it, instead of putting the book down for a moment. So it disappointed me a little when the story then moved to present day. It's why I look forward to the flashbacks now.... they're the best parts of the book, in my opinion :)

The first chapter was so incredible! I absolutely loved it and I agree with you, it was a great introduction. I hushed my bf when he tried asking me a question while I was reading it, instead of putting the book down for a moment. So it disappointed me a little when the story then moved to present day. It's why I look forward to the flashbacks now.... they're the best parts of the book, in my opinion :)

Well you may be a bit disappointed in Red Seas then... the flashbacks take a hiatus there, but are supposed to return in Republic of Thieves.

Well you may be a bit disappointed in Red Seas then... the flashbacks take a hiatus there, but are supposed to return in Republic of Thieves.

I guess it's a while since I read "red seas" but I didn't notice their absence a great deal. I guess we get memories of some past events in there. Still. it'll be nice to get some up-close and personal flashbacks in the next book.

I guess it's a while since I read "red seas" but I didn't notice their absence a great deal. I guess we get memories of some past events in there. Still. it'll be nice to get some up-close and personal flashbacks in the next book.

I'm nervous about meeting Sabetha TBH. She's been built up so much that I fear she can't help but disappoint on some level.

• 3 months later...

I just finished this book. It is now one of my favorites. It took me a while to get into it as well, but I discovered that was because of personal reasons. I was reading it in ebook format, and the font was too small. I was squinting so hard to read, that I was missing the story. I put the book down for a month, and when I came back, I discovered how to make the font larger.

• 6 months later...

Found my way here after following the link in the punctuation free closed thread. :lol:

Yeah, the flashbacks are supposed to be in every other book - 1,3,5,7. Or at least, that was the initial plan, back in the day.

The flashbacks were the best part of Republic of Thieves honestly.

Thread makes me feel bad. I guess I'm in the minority because I couldn't get into this one, and I usually love the roguish type characters. Most of the characters just felt cheesy. Glad others enjoyed it though. :)

I enjoyed Lamora (Red Seas a bit less), but I think you're on to something there. Most of the characters in those novels sound pretty much the same, and after two books I found myself wondering if everyone went to the same high school, or something.

• 7 months later...

Archived