Cersei's trial

I think this is a somewhat hopeful view, altogether naïve though. This whole book is about political intrigue, corruption, and power motivation. Via Ned Stark we learned where honest, noncorrupt people end up in KL, so although the smallfolk probably see the HS as pure, there has to be more than there seems for him to be playing the game so well.

I don't think he is playing the Game at all. Cersei found that out the hard way.

He is definitely not Ned Stark - I can't see Ned forcing Cersei to walk naked through King's Landing, can you? But he is not Varys' willing pawn, either. An unwitting pawn, maybe. Varys might deceive him, as he is deceiving everybody else.

The High Septon did make the deal with Cersei to forgive the crowns debt to the faith and bless Tommen Baratheon in return for being allowed to rearm the Swords and Stars. It was bargain well struck and a game well played.

They don't have a connection. The Elder Brother buried the Hound (...or not...) and left his helmet on top of the grave. The Elder Brother tells Brienne this when he tells her to stop looking for Sandor Clegane because the Hound is dead. He admits that leaving the helmet was a mistake. Brienne discovers that it was found by Rorge who wears it while sacking Saltpans and terrorizing the surrounding lands - crimes that Sandor Clegane is blamed for by the survivors. Brienne kills Rorge, and when the BwB arrive later, Lem Lemoncloak takes the helmet. He is the one currently wearing it, and the reason that there are rumors that the Hound joined the BwB.

Oh yea forgot about that plotline, went right over my head. That's my bad

The High Septon did make the deal with Cersei to forgive the crowns debt to the faith and bless Tommen Baratheon in return for being allowed to rearm the Swords and Stars. It was bargain well struck and a game well played.

Exactly, he is either a player or a pawn, and he doesn't seem like a player to me

Skilless frankenweenie, Cersei is purged......... A cartoon cut out looks good on paper but does it have skills? Qyburn through all his necromancy is no priest of R'hllor. In any real event Cersei days are numbered. The Rains of Castamere. Except this song will end with death, sooner or later her tale is spun

Something goes wrong with Margeary's trial, Cersei owns Lancel in single combat with Robert Strong, Mace Tyrell orders soldiers to kill Faith to protect Margeary, Tarly/ Faith gets pissed, runs to support Aegon. Lannisters retreat to Casterly Rock but leave Tommen and/or Myrcella. One of them dies as Tyrells kill them for Aegon.

Archived